Thanks Meter: 1,309

By famewolf, Senior Member on 4th March 2008, 08:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th March 2008, 01:19 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by famewolf

It's always a good idea to flash a provider rom first to wipe out any "extended rom corruption" which can cause the battery to drain faster due to the phone trying to read an area over and over. When in doubt browse the "how to flash a rom" sticky at the top of the forum which has alot of good information.

Thanks Flamewolf for answering. I read that faq about six times before my first flash. I wasn't sure if it applied to re-flashing.

I'm going to give your rom a shot. Thanks for the hard work.

5th March 2008, 02:05 AM |#22  

More
As it state the splash screen of the old roms still there, can anyone help to get rid of thems. If possible provide a new oem looking splash screen. Thanks
5th March 2008, 02:44 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,309

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cham1980

As it state the splash screen of the old roms still there, can anyone help to get rid of thems. If possible provide a new oem looking splash screen. Thanks

Why don't you try flashing a provider rom before you install this one (as was recently mentioned) and then you'd have generic splash screens.
5th March 2008, 02:52 AM |#24  

More
Question As good as it sounds?
Can anyone atest to the speed of this ROM? I know the common reply would be "give a try" I just have a hell of a headache tonight and I have been doing break/fix work ALL day....and still as of now.....So if anyone has tried it please update us on the speed on this Build. THX
5th March 2008, 04:54 AM |#25  
Flag Goodyear, Az
Thanks Meter: 167

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoverbeats

Can anyone atest to the speed of this ROM? I know the common reply would be "give a try" I just have a hell of a headache tonight and I have been doing break/fix work ALL day....and still as of now.....So if anyone has tried it please update us on the speed on this Build. THX

It is fast.
5th March 2008, 04:57 AM |#26  
Flag Goodyear, Az
Thanks Meter: 167

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_in_mtl

Agree with Pumpiron579

Everything is working - no operating issues whatsoever.

I have only one visual issue, that pops up on some roms - but not on others. There is a white triangle on the top bar beside the "E" icon that does not go away. It just sits there - does not activate anything ??

I've had similar issue with Merlin Rom - and others.

Does not effect any operational functions - just do not know what it is - or what it is supposed to do.

Very nice rom - thank you

Have a good one

The triangle is the roaming indicator..Look in the wizard Manual and it will show you. I do not have that problem here,. but when I am in T-Mobile country like Vegas, I have that indicator. There is a tweak somewhere here that disables it.
5th March 2008, 05:52 AM |#27  
Flag Falcon, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Just installed it on my G4 Wizard with HardSPL. No problems and looks really nice. Seems VERY fast. GREAT JOB!

Here's screen captures I made of a clean install.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	slim_19199.jpg
Views:	6270
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	74099  
5th March 2008, 07:36 AM |#28  

More
I did flash to original rom before flashing this rom, and now i have only t-mobile startup splash. It is good for now, and i can tell you this rom is very fast and clean. Good job
5th March 2008, 07:41 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Question about the kitchen: If I wanted to remove the dialer skin (HTC) would I have to replace it with an oem skin, or just delete the folder?

also, at the moment I am using TNT 19199 which has registry tweaks I have become acustomed too. most having to deal with battery. which file in your kitchen do I change the 1's to 0's ?
5th March 2008, 08:53 AM |#30  
Missery
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I guess this is the tweak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpiron579

The triangle is the roaming indicator..Look in the wizard Manual and it will show you. I do not have that problem here,. but when I am in T-Mobile country like Vegas, I have that indicator. There is a tweak somewhere here that disables it.

This is for the Hermes but you may want to give it a try,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...aming&page=102

Check post # 1017 for the cab file
5th March 2008, 09:05 AM |#31  

More
bluetooth can send out but cannot receive......can anyone help?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)