FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HD2 or Desire

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ultimatemaestro, Member on 20th June 2010, 01:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Help me to choose! The main thing is to choose between WM or Android. Plaese give me some pieses of advise
20th June 2010, 07:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
HTC Desire! It is more compact, lighter, has AMOLED screen.
Most importantly, it has the modern Android 2.1 (soon 2.2 Froyo), which offers so much better user experience than the old WM 6.5.
21st June 2010, 01:19 AM |#3  
XDA Portal Team / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...
Thanks Meter: 3,241

More
Go for Leo!
Windows Mobile in combination with powerful 1ghz processor is amazing!
And that big screen is so nice
Android is too young and limited yet
21st June 2010, 01:44 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 489

More
HD2 is one of the most amazing piece of hardware kit I've seen in a phone in the last couple of years. Get it even if it's just for the build quality.
21st June 2010, 05:15 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Desire is the way forward my friend.

Think of it like this:
Desire is a beautiful highway with multiple exits.
HD2 is a dead end in a crappy neighbourhood.
2nd July 2010, 10:35 AM |#6  
OP Member

More
How interesting!
2nd July 2010, 06:05 PM |#7  

More
Question for me too! The fact that Android is so very nearly on the Leo isn't helping!
2nd July 2010, 07:09 PM |#8  
Flag Lubbock, TX
Thanks Meter: 266

Donate to Me
More
Take it from someone who has had both, well, I got rid of the HD2 for an N1(The N1 is essentially the Desire..)

I loved the huge screen, it was beautiful, I hated WinMo. I had a G1 before the HD2, and the Shadow(Juno) before that. So I've experienced both OS's..

Personally, I love Android, I kept waiting and waiting for android to be ported to the HD2 but that didn't happen, until recently, and by then I had already gotten tired of it and traded the HD2+100 for the N1.

So I'd say go with the N1.
2nd July 2010, 07:19 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Comes down to what you want to use it for, if you want a business oriented phone go wimo. If your looking for something more polished and entertainment based go android. I prefer wimo over android personally. But I think I'm gonna make hte jump to droid when WP7 gets released. If I'm gonna have to pic an new school OS its gonna be Android. But for the next year or two I can see stayign with wimo. Once you get your prefered rom installed and get your tweaks installed its my HD2 on 6.5 is bullet proof. Haven't even reset it in 9 days.
3rd July 2010, 04:34 AM |#10  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,052

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisefire

Take it from someone who has had both, well, I got rid of the HD2 for an N1(The N1 is essentially the Desire..)
I loved the huge screen, it was beautiful, I hated WinMo. I had a G1 before the HD2, and the Shadow(Juno) before that. So I've experienced both OS's..
Personally, I love Android, I kept waiting and waiting for android to be ported to the HD2 but that didn't happen, until recently, and by then I had already gotten tired of it and traded the HD2+100 for the N1.
So I'd say go with the N1.

Totally agree...and with Android 2.2 FRF91 it just keeps getting better!
3rd July 2010, 08:46 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
I prefer entertainment and I also own Topaz now and I think I had enough of WM. It lacks cool games and apps. Ive tried them all already, and I dont think that its wise to use these expensive and powerful devices only for making calls and sending sms, so android is better I guess, it has plenty of great apps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)