Thanks Meter: 0

By denstr77, Junior Member on 22nd January 2010, 02:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd January 2010, 10:39 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanmatz

I wonder how good the battery would be. I have seen in HD's past model the battery drain is a big issue

HD or HD2? Someone told me HD2 had an excellent battery lifetime.
23rd January 2010, 07:08 PM |#12  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 127

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMMANN

Someone lied. Mine burns 4% of the battery per hour even in stand-by, and that's just after having done a hard reset to make sure there was no potentially battery-draining software installed on it.
23rd January 2010, 07:14 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
4% an hour, I'm getting over two days from my battery..
23rd January 2010, 07:18 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
THIS IS SICK !!!!! It will NEVER get here in Canada this will be the perfect phone.
24th January 2010, 08:38 PM |#15  
Flag London

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser68

4% an hour, I'm getting over two days from my battery..

It depends what you're doing with it, obviously. I'm keeping 3G turned on in a weak signal area, checking for stock updates every 5 minutes, weather updates every 15, internet time sync on, Location service on, push email enabled for an exchange server and for a hotmail account, and checking for emails on an ISP account every 5 minutes. That lot uses up 4% of battery per hour in stand-by.

If you're not doing that much, obviously your battery will last longer. If I turn all of that lot off so the data connection isn't being used at all, turn off 3G, sever the data connection, and have it do nothing at all except listen out for phone calls and text messages, then it'll go down only 4% in 9 or 10 hours.

Conversely, before I did my last hard reset, I twice saw it go from 100% to zero in less than 9 hours while in stand-by all the time. I still haven't quite worked out what it was I installed that did that! Task manager and 1% battery icons, maybe....
24th January 2010, 09:24 PM |#16  
Flag Anaheim
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasarak

Someone lied. Mine burns 4% of the battery per hour even in stand-by, and that's just after having done a hard reset to make sure there was no potentially battery-draining software installed on it.

GSMARENA had this to say, "Our dedicated battery test indicated that the HTC HD2 in-box battery performance was pretty decent indeed so we guess the extended one should be able to take you through a day even if you don’t let it rest for a second."

Here are some links:
LINK 1
LINK 2

Anyways, the HD3 news is fake (but when Xperia X10 was announced, I too thought that it was fake). But this 1 seems way too fake to be true.
25th January 2010, 12:37 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
I think the leak is a fake (or at least not entirely accurate).

I would love to see something like that with a slide out keyboard and tilting screen though (a Touch Pro 3). And forget the Wimax, give it to me on T-Mobile's HSPA+. Sprint's Wimax has very little coverage, and is expanding the coverage area at a snail's pace (only 5 cities scheduled to get wimax in 2010)...
25th January 2010, 01:36 AM |#18  
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 114

Donate to Me
More
just wishfull thinking

4 inches multitouch capacitative screen
1.5 ghz cpu
dedicated graphics processor
qwerty keyboard close to the touch pro2
Windows mobile 7 (if its really thhat good)
25th January 2010, 02:05 PM |#19  
Flag London

More
EDIT: never mind.
25th January 2010, 03:20 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMMANN

The battery life in HD2 isn't that different, still if this HD3 is for real I wonder how quick the battery would drain with 1.5GHz processor. Instead Asus has much better model the P835 has got good battery life (personal choice).
26th January 2010, 01:49 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
fake.
This year Qualcomm produces the 1.3 ghz snapdragon which is 30% more powerful AND uses 30% less battery than the 1 ghz version. I think that will be the next processor. 1800 mAh capacity is heavy. 4.5 inch screen could be but the device should not be bigger than the HD2. LTE is too early I think.
1 GB ram and rom, 8 megpixel camera, HDMI, USB 2.0 is plausible.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)