Search This thread

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
LG Optimus L5 E610/E612/E615/E617 Rooting Guide

Introduction:

Q). What is “Rooting” ?
A). “Rooting” your device means obtaining “superuser” rights and permissions to your Android's applications.

Requirements:

1). A completely charged LG Optimus L5 E610/E612/E615/E617.
2). My Root Package (Attached Below)
3). “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” (Attached Below)
4). LG USB Drivers

EDIT: APK FILE HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE POST. I HAVE NOT ADDED IT TO THE ROOT PACKAGE.

NOTE: Drivers are only available for "MAC OS" and "Windows"

5). This is an extra non-necessary requirement: If incase you run into trouble while rooting your android device, you can install ADB SDK from google's developer website. Hopefully, you won't need it because I have rooted my phone countless times without ADB.

Installation:

The installation part is very easy,

1). Firstly, go to “Play Store” and download and install “ASTRO FILE MANAGER”

2). Next, go to “System Settings” >> “Developer Options” >> “Enable USB Debugging”.

20130114075117.jpg

20130114075236.jpg

20130114075316.jpg

NOTE: Your mobile should not be connected to the Computer while doing this step. You can connect the phone after USB DEBUG is enabled.

3). Next, go to “System Settings” >> “Security”” >> “Enable Unknown Sources”.
This is to allow the installation of the apk given in the root package.

20130114075117.jpg

20130114075155.jpg

20130114075222.jpg

4). Then copy the apk “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” in the root package to you SDCARD. You can do this by connecting your Mobile Device in “MTP – Media Sync Transfer Mode”.

201301140754191.jpg

5). Now using “ASTRO FILE MANAGER” go to “My Files 2” or “Local Storage 2” and install “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” into your mobile.

6). Change your mobile connection mode to “Charge Only Mode”.

20130114075357.jpg

7). Next you need to open the app after success installation. You will see a message “Hello World”. Now you need to reboot your mobile phone, you can do this by just holding the power button for almost 15 seconds, or you could use the power menu and restart the phone.

NOTE: The app should be kept open while rebooting.

8). Next, When the phone has completely rebooted, you must just run “root.bat” if you are using “Windows” or “root.sh” if you are using “Linux” or “root-mac.sh” if you are using “MAC OS”.

9). Open up your phone after the rooting process and your will find "Superuser" app in your phone. Your phone will be completely rooted.

NOTE: There is no way to unlock the bootloader for LG Optimus L5 E-Series, and hence no custom ROM's available. If I have helped you, kindly consider thanking me. It takes 5 seconds to press the thank button, but a week or so to setup the root package and guide.

NOTE: Most phones after rooting end up with issues with the software. For this after rooting, reset your phone and the root will still be there and all further issues will be resolved.

PS. I have stopped development on LG L5 Series.

UPDATE: Most of the phones now can be rooted/unlocked/flahsed using UNLOCKROOT/UNLOCKBOOTLOADER/UNLOCKFLASH

UPDATE: THE ROOT NO LONGER WORKS ON FIRMWARE 4.X.X
This is a guide written by XxXKINGMAKXxX

Attachments

• IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk
    153.7 KB · Views: 105,960
Last edited:

ganeshg1982

Jan 13, 2013

5). Now using “ASTRO FILE MANAGER” go to “My Files 2” or “Local Storage 2” and install “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” into your mobile.

After step5 is completed, we need to do the Step6, Am I correct?

8). Next, When the phone has completely rebooted, you must just run “root.bat” if you are using “Windows” or “root.sh” if you are using “Linux” or “root-mac.sh” if you are using “MAC OS”.

When the phone boots back, will the connection mode remain as “Charge Only Mode” or do we need to make it again?
Do we need to extract the archive to any specific folder in PC?

NOTE: There is no way to unlock the bootloader for LG Optimus L5 E-Series, and hence no custom ROM's available.

Can we use App2SD or Lind2SD such type of applications to move the apps to SD after rooting this? Or any other tweak to be done? Which is the best app for the moving the apps to SD that works in LG L5 E615?

Thank you so much for your effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: seises

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
You are most welcome :) enjoy the rooted phone, a tip: install BusyBox Pro and RomToolBox Pro and Titanium Backup Pro they will help you alot

Yes you need to do Step 6.

Also, after the APK is installed and RUN, you need to keep the APP open and restart the phone, I forgot to mention that in the guide.

You can use App2SD, you can try rom toolbox pro, it has multiple apps embedded in it, even app2sd modified to work mostly.

Once the phone's connection mode is changed, it will stay the same until u change it :) [That is if the default settings are not changed]

It's up to u where you want to extract, but the best is to Extract the Package to the DESKTOP

NOTE: The APK file is attached in the GUIDE POST.

Last edited:

ganeshg1982

Jan 13, 2013
Also, after the APK is installed and RUN, you need to keep the APP open and restart the phone, I forgot to mention that in the guide.

That means, after the APK is installed and RUN, it will show "hello world", right? At that time we need to restart the phone, correct?

You can use App2SD, you can try rom toolbox pro, it has multiple apps embedded in it, even app2sd modified to work mostly.

You mean, no need of any thing process to move the app to SD.Will the option to move the app to SD come automatically after rooting?

Last edited:

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
I tried my best and all softwares fail to move apps to SDCard, im sorry it wont work

Sent from my LG-E615 using xda premium

Last edited:

ganeshg1982

Jan 13, 2013
Will this disable the sound? I see a video in youtube for rooting LG L5 E610/E612/E617 and some comments were there about sound issue. Like sound is working only when connected to headphone, otherwise some messed up sound only. Have you got chance to verify this?
Thanks.
GG

padhu1989

Jun 26, 2012
Chennai
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Is there any way to unroot our phone (LG Optimus E612) once rooted?

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

I tried my best and all softwares fail to move apps to SDCard, im sorry it wont work

Partition ur SD card using CWM, Use Link2SD to move ur apps to SD card. Before partition ur SD card, Take a backup, because it will format ur SD Card while partioning. google it... you will get step by step guide . . .

Sorry for my english

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
There is no boot rom for any E series mobile, lg has yet to release bootrom unlock, or someone here should help me crack it

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
Guyz, this is a modded version of the original root for LG E-Series, it has NO:

1) Sound Issues
2) Dual Sim feature issues - Dual Sim works 100%

Also,

1) You can use LINK2SD to move apps to SDCARD
2) You can unroot your phone --- Easiest way is to use an UNROOTING APP from appstore.

OR You can just put your phone in EDM mode and get a completely stock phone back :)

srk.sid

Jan 1, 2013
KOLKATA
Thanx :good:

1) Sound Issues

Also,

2) You can unroot your phone --- Easiest way is to use an UNROOTING APP from appstore.

OR You can just put your phone in EDM mode and get a completely stock phone back :)

thanx for sharing the method bro...i've been looking 4 it...and looking forward to root my phone finally!!
so r u finally able to movve ur apps to sd ...???

volcano88

Jan 20, 2013
sound & dual sim

there is any problm with sounde and dual sim after rotting.
thank you for your great job

ganeshg1982

Jan 13, 2013
What if Factory reset is performed after ROOTING. Will the phone goes back to a stock phone, ie will the phone get UNROOTED?

I have seen the below method in a site: How true is this?

Hard reset instructions: - When the phone is switched off, press and hold the volume down key + power key with your left hand. - When the LED on the bottom of the phone lights up, release Volume down key + power keys and press and hold the Home key (for about 2 seconds) at the same time. - The phone will turn on and perform a factory reset immediately. - Do not operate your phone for at least a minute, while the hard reset is carried out. - You will be then be able to switch your phone back on.

xTPTBx

Oct 30, 2012
Doha
t.me
Difference between hard reset and EDM is simple
Hard reset can be performed if your ROM is alright and not corrupted.

EDM helps flash ROM if in case you cant boot up your phone. It's like, if your bios is itself corrupted, EDM will help restore both bios and device firmware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LG Optimus L5 E610/E612/E615/E617 Rooting Guide

Introduction:

Q). What is “Rooting” ?
    A). “Rooting” your device means obtaining “superuser” rights and permissions to your Android's applications.

Requirements:

1). A completely charged LG Optimus L5 E610/E612/E615/E617.
    2). My Root Package (Attached Below)
    3). “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” (Attached Below)
    4). LG USB Drivers

EDIT: APK FILE HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE POST. I HAVE NOT ADDED IT TO THE ROOT PACKAGE.

NOTE: Drivers are only available for "MAC OS" and "Windows"

5). This is an extra non-necessary requirement: If incase you run into trouble while rooting your android device, you can install ADB SDK from google's developer website. Hopefully, you won't need it because I have rooted my phone countless times without ADB.

Installation:

The installation part is very easy,

1). Firstly, go to “Play Store” and download and install “ASTRO FILE MANAGER”

2). Next, go to “System Settings” >> “Developer Options” >> “Enable USB Debugging”.

20130114075117.jpg

20130114075236.jpg

20130114075316.jpg

NOTE: Your mobile should not be connected to the Computer while doing this step. You can connect the phone after USB DEBUG is enabled.

3). Next, go to “System Settings” >> “Security”” >> “Enable Unknown Sources”.
    This is to allow the installation of the apk given in the root package.

20130114075117.jpg

20130114075155.jpg

20130114075222.jpg

4). Then copy the apk “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” in the root package to you SDCARD. You can do this by connecting your Mobile Device in “MTP – Media Sync Transfer Mode”.

201301140754191.jpg

20130114075357.jpg

7). Next you need to open the app after success installation. You will see a message “Hello World”. Now you need to reboot your mobile phone, you can do this by just holding the power button for almost 15 seconds, or you could use the power menu and restart the phone.

NOTE: The app should be kept open while rebooting.

9). Open up your phone after the rooting process and your will find "Superuser" app in your phone. Your phone will be completely rooted.

NOTE: There is no way to unlock the bootloader for LG Optimus L5 E-Series, and hence no custom ROM's available. If I have helped you, kindly consider thanking me. It takes 5 seconds to press the thank button, but a week or so to setup the root package and guide.

NOTE: Most phones after rooting end up with issues with the software. For this after rooting, reset your phone and the root will still be there and all further issues will be resolved.

PS. I have stopped development on LG L5 Series.

UPDATE: Most of the phones now can be rooted/unlocked/flahsed using UNLOCKROOT/UNLOCKBOOTLOADER/UNLOCKFLASH

UPDATE: THE ROOT NO LONGER WORKS ON FIRMWARE 4.X.X
    This is a guide written by XxXKINGMAKXxX
    Ok, in case anyone has the same problem as the one stated above by me, here is how I managed to solve it:

Just like I said, my phone is from Vodafone Romania and in the About Phone section of Android it was seen as LG-E610V with firmware V10F

GUIDE:

1. First things first - Install Drivers:

*Download LGMobile Support Tool:
    http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

*Install it, open it, and, WITHOUT CONNECTING YOUR PHONE, press Install USB Driver, and double-click LGE610 OR LGE610V from the list. It will download and install about 4 driver packages(It will open them in WinRar or whatever archiver you have installed on your PC, after each package installation, close the WinRar window).

*After the above step, close LGMobile Support Tool and connect your phone through USB cable in LG Software mode and let Windows install all the drivers that it says it has found.

2. I downloaded KDZ Updater from here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12070956/LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix.zip

3. I downloaded stock E610 firmware V10L from here:

http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=12 (I scrolled down to Romania and downloaded 10L from there, you can select firmware according to your region).

4. Updated phone to official V10L through KDZ.

USING GUIDE HERE: http://www.androidiani.com/forum/lg...h-di-firmware-originali-lg-serie-optimus.html

It's in italian, you can use the english google translated version: http://translate.google.ro/translat...h-di-firmware-originali-lg-serie-optimus.html

NOTE: I didn't take the battery out, I just connected my phone in LG Software mode.

5. After the phone reboots, do a hard reset

HARD RESET EASY GUIDE FOR L5: http://www.hard-reset.com/lg-optimus-l5-hard-reset.html

Now my phone is shown as LG-E610(without V from Vodafone) and with firmware V10L.

After all these steps, the root instructions in the first post of this thread worked perfectly: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36688980&postcount=1

Good Luck and All The Best!!!
    You are most welcome :) enjoy the rooted phone, a tip: install BusyBox Pro and RomToolBox Pro and Titanium Backup Pro they will help you alot

Yes you need to do Step 6.

Once the phone's connection mode is changed, it will stay the same until u change it :) [That is if the default settings are not changed]

It's up to u where you want to extract, but the best is to Extract the Package to the DESKTOP

NOTE: The APK file is attached in the GUIDE POST.

1) Sound Issues

Also,

Is there any way to unroot our phone (LG Optimus E612) once rooted?

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Partition ur SD card using CWM, Use Link2SD to move ur apps to SD card. Before partition ur SD card, Take a backup, because it will format ur SD Card while partioning. google it... you will get step by step guide . . .

Sorry for my english