23rd February 2013, 01:40 PM |#11  
Flag Tula
Thanks Meter: 1,449

Donate to Me
More
Problems and errors when using SP Flash Tool
Link on this subject in Russian

Modes of the virtual COM ports

In case of problems in operation with SPFT it is useful to listen to a sound on PC and to open a Device Manager. The sound signals about connection and switch-off of devices and the Device Manager shows a mode of the virtual port and information on drivers. If with drivers everything is all right, devices appear in the section Ports (COM & LPT) and the icon of the device shan't be marked by exclamation point ! in a yellow surrounding.

Modes of the VCOM:
  • BOOTROM (in device manager show as MTK USB Port with pid=003) . For connection in this mode can it is required :
    1. to use press of some phone buttons (photo, volume up or down ) at the same time with connection of a cable to PC (phone shall be switched off)
    2. or to use OTG adapter
    3. or, if it didn't turn out 1 and 2, use a test point.
  • PRELOADER (...MediaTek USB VCOM Port with pid=2000 ) This port appears for only some seconds in case of connection of switched-off phone to PC
  • DA_HIGHSPEED (...MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port with pid=2001)This port can appear after phone at first will be connected in the PRELOADER or BOOTROM mode.

How to swith off DA Download All mode

Sometimes DA Download All mode switching off helps not to have errors with MTD type a flash. In the last FT versions it can't be made of the menu, it is necessary to change the platform.xml file. It is necessary to change in section of your platform usb_download_support and da_dl_all_support keys with "true" to "false"
Click image for larger version

Name:	platform.png
Views:	76611
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1791383
After these changes it is necessary to connect a cable to PC, having waited the ends of counting.
Click image for larger version

Name:	wait.jpg
Views:	12739
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1791397

ERRORS:
  • (2005) S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL often there is on phones with MTD type a flash.
    • During Downloading preloader or dsp_bl aren't marked. To use the suitable version of SPFT or to switch off the DA download All mode.
    • During Downloading preloader or dsp_bl are marked. Not mark these blocks! Or connect phone in the BOOTROM mode if it is necessary to Download them.
    • During reading, formatting or ROM-RAM testing. –°onnect phone in the BOOTROM mode.
  • (8038) SP FLASH TOOL ERROR here

To be continued ... or not to be
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to rua1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rua1 Ad-Free
23rd February 2013, 02:25 PM |#12  
Flag Tula

Donate to Me
More
reserved for guide
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rua1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rua1 Ad-Free
23rd February 2013, 07:17 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 149

Donate to Me
More
Exclamation
Thanks for the tool, i tried this tool to root MicroMax A116 HD device, but no luck.
here is the log file as requested : http://pastebin.com/AD3GnYve
24th February 2013, 06:23 AM |#14  
Flag Tula

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagledipesh

but no luck

If kernel 3.4.x, ROM need to read from phone using SP FlashTool and to make cwm recovery. Guide in Russian here
http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtop...502084#p502084
It has screenshots that will help you to understand. In plans at first to make this guide in English
The Following User Says Thank You to rua1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rua1 Ad-Free
24th February 2013, 06:28 AM |#15  

Donate to Me
More
Re: [UTIL][WIN][MT65xx] MTK Droid Root & Tools | MediaTek Android Smartphone
Quote:
Originally Posted by rua1

If kernel 3.4.x, ROM need to read from phone using SP FlashTool and to make cwm recovery

Using builder.clockworkmod. com I was able to create recovery, but the recovery.fstab doesn't has mediatek related info.
I have dump of stock rom as well.
If i can share the recovery.img with you, would you be able to help me.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app
24th February 2013, 09:28 AM |#16  
Flag Tula

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have dump of stock rom as well.

it is good, but it is even better to have blocks read from the phone
Quote:

If i can share the recovery.img with you, would you be able to help me.

I will try to help, give link to all rom, I want to look at ROM MT6589. In log there was no information that is MT6589, and on the program screen it was? Probably it is necessary to change a code of the program for MT6589 support
The Following User Says Thank You to rua1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rua1 Ad-Free
24th February 2013, 02:55 PM |#17  
Flag Drama
Thanks Meter: 7

More
rua1, only you can help me but unfortunately my English is quite poor so I don't know what exactly to do. The only think that I have done correctly is the installation from the drivers. I have a Lenovo A60+ ,s319 and I brick it. I have try a lot of roms but the mobile is still brick. Some photos about my mobile maybe help you.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/526/dsc01097t.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...c01089web.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...c01091web.jpg/
24th February 2013, 04:26 PM |#18  
Flag Tula

Donate to Me
More
@tsitadim
Sorry, here not unbrick thread. Using DroidTools at once backup all blocks from phone was necessary, not all ROM from the Internet are compatible to phone since at the identical names hardware in phones can differ.
24th February 2013, 05:48 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Thumbs up
hello again i've successfully backed-up while the phone is in cwm recovery. thanks!

@rua
the version of the tool i have is 2.2.8. is this the latest version? it might be best if you can share the main download page so everyone can have the latest version.

this is a very useful tool that every mt65** owners should have in conjunction with mtk's spflashtool.
24th February 2013, 05:54 PM |#20  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 19,421

Donate to Me
More
The latest version is 2.3.8. Just read the OP, it's all there. Even the link to the original thread on Russian forum.
24th February 2013, 06:19 PM |#21  

Donate to Me
More
Re: [UTIL][WIN][MT65xx] MTK Droid Root & Tools | MediaTek Android Smartphone
Its all .IMG files, has scattered XML file also.

http://www.devhost.xda-developers.com/GYE

Thanks for your help
Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to eagledipesh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eagledipesh Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
noad

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)