Modes of the virtual COM ports
In case of problems in operation with SPFT it is useful to listen to a sound on PC and to open a Device Manager. The sound signals about connection and switch-off of devices and the Device Manager shows a mode of the virtual port and information on drivers. If with drivers everything is all right, devices appear in the section Ports (COM & LPT) and the icon of the device shan't be marked by exclamation point ! in a yellow surrounding.
Modes of the VCOM:
- BOOTROM (in device manager show as MTK USB Port with pid=003) . For connection in this mode can it is required :
- to use press of some phone buttons (photo, volume up or down ) at the same time with connection of a cable to PC (phone shall be switched off)
- or to use OTG adapter
- or, if it didn't turn out 1 and 2, use a test point.
- PRELOADER (...MediaTek USB VCOM Port with pid=2000 ) This port appears for only some seconds in case of connection of switched-off phone to PC
- DA_HIGHSPEED (...MediaTek DA USB VCOM Port with pid=2001)This port can appear after phone at first will be connected in the PRELOADER or BOOTROM mode.
How to swith off DA Download All mode
Sometimes DA Download All mode switching off helps not to have errors with MTD type a flash. In the last FT versions it can't be made of the menu, it is necessary to change the platform.xml file. It is necessary to change in section of your platform usb_download_support and da_dl_all_support keys with "true" to "false"
After these changes it is necessary to connect a cable to PC, having waited the ends of counting.
- (2005) S_BROM_CMD_STARTCMD_FAIL often there is on phones with MTD type a flash.
- During Downloading preloader or dsp_bl aren't marked. To use the suitable version of SPFT or to switch off the DA download All mode.
- During Downloading preloader or dsp_bl are marked. Not mark these blocks! Or connect phone in the BOOTROM mode if it is necessary to Download them.
- During reading, formatting or ROM-RAM testing. Сonnect phone in the BOOTROM mode.
- (8038) SP FLASH TOOL ERROR here
To be continued ... or not to be