[Apps] "Snapdragon™ BatteryGuru (Beta)

Search This thread

WattB006

Sep 24, 2011
Nebraska
I just downloaded it to see how it does compare to Juice Defender and DS Battery Saver Pro. I never really like Juice Defender and have been using Battery Saver for a month and it seems to help my battery life.

Once I have been using for a few days I will report back what I think about it. Thanks for the post tho otherwise I wouldn't have found this app.

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
Just posted this in the Verizon Galaxy S III forum as well.

Still seems silly to me that we are going to have to have 4 separate discussions for an app that will work the same on each carrier.

lexluthor

Feb 7, 2007
I'm not really sure on what the value of these apps are.

Letting my phone do whatever it wants when I'm on wifi and my phone is sitting idle, my phone uses around 1%/hour of battery life.

Some portion of that is all this app could really save then, right?

Why bother if, in exchange, I'm possibly having delayed notifications, apps not updating in the background, etc.?

Capa1970

Oct 28, 2012
I just downloaded it to see how it does compare to Juice Defender and DS Battery Saver Pro. I never really like Juice Defender and have been using Battery Saver for a month and it seems to help my battery life.

Once I have been using for a few days I will report back what I think about it. Thanks for the post tho otherwise I wouldn't have found this app.

Let us know how it fares against JD and BSP. I have JD Uktmate and have been happy with it. I lose about 1% an hour at night which is better than the 3% I was losing prior to purchasing JDU.

dawen

Nov 13, 2008
Let us know how it fares against JD and BSP. I have JD Uktmate and have been happy with it. I lose about 1% an hour at night which is better than the 3% I was losing prior to purchasing JDU.

doesnt do anything, i get about 12% drain in 9 hours when im sleeping, what it does just turn off wifi for me if im not in range, which is useless, having wifi on doesnt drain much battery at all

Reactions: THADDIUS25

ejatds

Sep 24, 2011
can't tell if it's just a placebo effect or not, but i feel like my battery life is a little better after using this app :)

aaroncal

May 2, 2010
Kansasss
OnePlus 9
I haver never once had a random reboot until I installed this today not sure its related just throwing it out there

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

WattB006

Sep 24, 2011
Nebraska
After using this for the past few days I would say overall it is not that bad of an app. I am really starting to like it. My average battery usage went from 5-6%/hr to 3-4%/hr. I know there are a lot of variables that go into this but I would say it works as well DS Battery Saver. I have also used JD but never really liked that app. I will continue to use this app to see what the long term would be on here but its a good find in my opinion.

If nothing else try it out for a week or so and compare stats. I use Better Battery Stats to get my info from.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Has anyone compared this to the relatively new "Greenify" battery saving app?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2155737

Anything that suggests it saves battery makes me nervous. Because the only way to do that is to shut down apps. And when you shut down the app, it may not get updated, or it may open very slowly when you do need it, etc.

smrsxn

Dec 30, 2011
I did not like it much... i am guessing that all this app does is change sync frequencies of different apps. To do it it tries to determine your location so that it can turn sync off/on or change sync interval based on your prior usage patterns.
Once it was out of learning mode, i noticed that my s3 battery drain was quicker due to excessive usage of maps by this app.

I uninstalled the app... and have got my battery life back.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Root-Maniac

WattB006

Sep 24, 2011
Nebraska
Has anyone compared this to the relatively new "Greenify" battery saving app?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2155737

Anything that suggests it saves battery makes me nervous. Because the only way to do that is to shut down apps. And when you shut down the app, it may not get updated, or it may open very slowly when you do need it, etc.

I just downloaded it and Greenified Facebook, ESPN Radio and ScoreCenter so far too see if I notice any difference.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium HD app

Caliesv

Oct 16, 2010
I don't like this app. It turned off almost all my syncing for my Google account lol. I was wondering why I wasn't getting my emails lol

(⊙_⊙)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just installed a battery saving app from snapdragon..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiam.snapdragon.app

Has someone used this app for a while... please share experiences and comparison with other apps like juuce defender.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

doesnt do anything, i get about 12% drain in 9 hours when im sleeping, what it does just turn off wifi for me if im not in range, which is useless, having wifi on doesnt drain much battery at all
    I did not like it much... i am guessing that all this app does is change sync frequencies of different apps. To do it it tries to determine your location so that it can turn sync off/on or change sync interval based on your prior usage patterns.
    Once it was out of learning mode, i noticed that my s3 battery drain was quicker due to excessive usage of maps by this app.

I uninstalled the app... and have got my battery life back.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk