Ahmedabad
Update v2.2 (Free)

Free Version updated to v2.2

Changelog:
★Fixed High RAM usage
★ Added "Okay Google" in Hot Phrase
★ Fixed Crashing on devices where Google Search is Disabled or not installed
★ Minor Improvements in app

Sorry for delay in update , but busy in exams , it's hard to find time now a days

I'll focus more on making hot word detection more accurate from now , if in between i get crash reports .
then i'll give priority to it & fix it , other than i'll focus only on improving hot word detection only.

You can download latest version (v2.2) from the first Post or from PlayStore... it might take some time on Play Store to be updated.

sam_0829

Mar 14, 2012
Ahmedabad
Getting very less response ... i don't see any reason on working on a app which people don't like / use :(

But still i'll give updates because of few people who bought donate version.. thanks for that..

webwalk®

Dec 26, 2010
Getting very less response ... i don't see any reason on working on a app which people don't like / use :(

But still i'll give updates because of few people who bought donate version.. thanks for that..

If people don't say anything that means they are happy with the app, have no problems and it does what it's supposed to.

I'm using gel and suddenly the hot word detection from it stopped working, that's why I'm here looking for an alternative.

I'm happy you made this app. I thought there was an exposed module that does that, but it's only for moto. I'll try fixing gel first for my phone but on my android tv stick this apps seems like a great idea..

Keep up the great work

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sam_0829

kirtandoshi

Jul 3, 2009
Bangalore

I would suggest atleast shifting the hot word detection in touchwiz to the free version to get some more responses. worldwide, Samsung sells the most phones and possibly a large number of people just use touchwiz. either that or maybe drop the price a little bit for donate version? you can still keep the detection while screen off and detection while phone is charging in the donate version and make some money through that.

btw i just bought and downloaded your donate version. stay cool and keep your hopes up. you are doing good.

sam_0829

Mar 14, 2012
Ahmedabad
If people don't say anything that means they are happy with the app, have no problems and it does what it's supposed to.

I'm using gel and suddenly the hot word detection from it stopped working, that's why I'm here looking for an alternative.

I'm happy you made this app. I thought there was an exposed module that does that, but it's only for moto. I'll try fixing gel first for my phone but on my android tv stick this apps seems like a great idea..

Keep up the great work

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I would suggest atleast shifting the hot word detection in touchwiz to the free version to get some more responses. worldwide, Samsung sells the most phones and possibly a large number of people just use touchwiz. either that or maybe drop the price a little bit for donate version? you can still keep the detection while screen off and detection while phone is charging in the donate version and make some money through that.

btw i just bought and downloaded your donate version. stay cool and keep your hopes up. you are doing good.

Thank you so much for your encouragement ....i will try to add some more stuff in Free Version & may be touchwiz support as well .. thanks for suggestions :)

Reactions: onewayout

ct_tec313

Dec 28, 2010
Detroit,MI
thanks foe making the app when it works its flawless, my suggestion would be to work on the hot word detection cause sometime it works then it will stop working and even restarting dosent help, have to unistall the app to get it working, btw do you have to have both apps running very confused by this, and if you need a tester for the s4 running kitkat hit me up in the pm maybe i can help you out....

sam_0829

Mar 14, 2012
Ahmedabad
have made any progress on the s4 and do you have to run the paid and free versions together....

No , u don't need to run together ... no need of free version if u have paid version , i'll implement the code which will ask to uninstall the free version when u open the Donate version first time , so users won't be confused with two same icons in app drawer.

& regarding s4 , no not yet , fix is in my mind but will need full day to implement it & can't afford to spend full day on this coz of exams :(

btw changed UI a little bit check out the attached screenshot with this post .

Reactions: ct_tec313

ct_tec313

Dec 28, 2010
Detroit,MI
Hey no problem one more thing on the paid version, no okay Google as an option, is this by design?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sam_0829

Mar 14, 2012
Ahmedabad
Hey no problem one more thing on the paid version, no okay Google as an option, is this by design?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Actually i updated free version with Okay Google option later after pushing Donate update , so it's there in free version but not in donate version...
It'll be in next update along with support for ssLauncher as i got mail from one user :)

honestly , i am afraid in including okay google , because we need to speak in pure US accent , & as i am Indian , it works rarely for me,
So am afraid of poor rating from people because of this . This thing needs high optimization & believe me that will take more than 3-4 months of mine in optimization process because i'll have to learn that first.. so i am just waiting for exams to finish . & if i'll be able to optimize it then we can't imagine how far this can go ;)

Reactions: ct_tec313

ct_tec313

Dec 28, 2010
Detroit,MI
Ok bother like I said you need I'm here keep doing your thing and good luck in school.....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LastChild

Jul 22, 2012
Nashville

Oh please, please, PLEASE don't stop dev on this project. This is exactly what I needed. Playing with the free version now. It's a little finicky detecting the hotword, but that could be due to my Southern U.S. accent. Definitely considering buying the donate when you update and add "OK Google" to the donate.

sam_0829

Mar 14, 2012
Ahmedabad
Oh please, please, PLEASE don't stop dev on this project. This is exactly what I needed. Playing with the free version now. It's a little finicky detecting the hotword, but that could be due to my Southern U.S. accent. Definitely considering buying the donate when you update and add "OK Google" to the donate.

Yup , i'll not stop working on this :)
& that hot phrase will be there in next update in few days .. i m getting new laptop today may be...
So have to set up all the stuff again so it'll take few days for me to test it & then pushing the update.

LastChild

Jul 22, 2012
Nashville
After using the free version for about 48 hours the only REAL problems I'm seeing is 1) The service not reloading after a reboot of the device and 2) a couple of times I had to go into the app and hit the pause/play button to get voice recognition going again. I am on a Sprint Galaxy S5 SM-G900P Stock Un-rooted running Nova launcher. Great work otherwise. I look forward to the updated Donate version.

sam_0829

Mar 14, 2012
Ahmedabad
Donate Version

Small update pushed ... will be live in few hours ...

changelog : (Donate Version ) v2.2

★ Okay Google hot word added (Thanks for your Patience)
★ ssLauncher Pro support added

Huge update coming soon :)

sam_0829

Mar 14, 2012
Ahmedabad
Hey guys ,

Want a suggestion from you guys who are using my app or who are reading this.

As you might have read / used , Active Searching let's you to Open Google Now by saying Wake Up from your Home-Screen of many launchers

& Also provides listening while Charging & screen off. You might have heard or already have the update of Google Search which will provide all this "Missing" features which i tried to give users by Active Searching. And moreover , most of the Launcher Devs have included Hot Word Detection Support Already.

I am an android fan just like you , & i am more than happy that this features are provided by google it self & they are greatly improving it. but at the same time it makes me a little sad because i see the end of my hard work of 6-8 months here.

It won't be wise decision if i'll continue working on this app if no user is going to use it. No body will like to work on an app which is less useful to user.

so , i request you all to tell me your views on this . Should i give few more updates ? I have few more app ideas with me to work on & will like to move on based on your suggestion.

So , i request you again for the same . No matter you have used my app or not , or you are using it or not ,please freely share your thoughts on this.

& Thanks for reading till end :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Pxplore.jpg

Power of Google , Through your voice.

Active Searching will give you hot word detection functionality
    when you are on home screen or Always Listening (While Charging)...

Just say "wake up" when you are on Home Screen
    or in App Drawer & then give it any of the commands of Google.

But , Home Screen of what ?

Well , From Home Screen of Apex launcher , Nova Launcher , Next Launcher 3D
    Touchwiz Launcher, & Sense (Prism) Launcher.. & More will be added soon..

Yes , you are reading it right ...

No more Situation of confusion in Choosing "Hot Word Detection" (Recognizing "Ok Google" from home screen functionality) Feature of Google

Home Launcher or Customization/Look of your Favorite Launcher.

Active Searching's' Features :

Free Version :

Hot Word Detection

* Hot word Detection on Apex Launcher & Nova Launcher

Battery Friendly
    * It will only listen when you are on Home screen , so no worry about battery
    consumption

Choosing your Hot Word
    * Choose your hot word from 5 of the available options ("Wake up","Hey Buddy","What's up","Hello Friend","Okay Google")

Donate Version :

Hot Word Detection
    * Hot word Detection on Apex Launcher , Nova Launcher , Next Launcher 3D,
    Touchwiz Launcher & Sense (Prism) Launcher(Sense 5 & Sense 5.5) [More will be added soon]

Always Listening While Charging
    * Automatically enable Always Listening when u connect your phone with charger , so that u can speak hot word from any where,even if the Screen is Locked

Battery Friendly
    * It will only listen when you are on Homescreen , so no worry about battery
    consumption

Choosing your Hot Word
    * Choose your hot word from 4 of the available options ("Wake up","Hey Buddy","What's Up","Hello Friend")

Choose your Launcher
    * Choose launcher on which you want to enable Listening , so when you are
    checking other launchers it will not consume battery

Offline Helper
    * Our Active Searching Helper will automatically detect when you are not connected
    to internet & still help you to open some basic apps like Phone, Music, Settings, Camera etc
    & Also help you to Call.
    After Speaking your hot word , Give it command like "Open Camera" , "Open Settings" , "Call John"

Downloads :

Free Version : Here
    Donate Version: Here
    Changelog:

v2.2 (12/6/2014)(Donate Version):
    ★ Okay Google Hot Word Added(Thanks all for your patience)
    ★ ssLauncher Pro support Added
    (Huge Update coming soon)

v2.2 (29/4/2014)(Free Version) :
    ★Fixed High RAM usage
    ★ Added "Okay Google" in Hot Phrase
    ★ Fixed Crashing on devices where Google Search is Disabled or not installed
    ★ Minor Improvements in app

v2.0 (18/4/2014) (Donate Version) :
    ★ Always Listening While Charging Feature:
    Hot word detection from anywhere while your phone is being charged, Enable this Option in Settings Menu
    ★Listening while Screen off / locked (Experimental Stage}
    Hot word detection even if the screen is locked. enable Always Listening Feature from settings of this app in order to use this.
    ★ Fixed High RAM usage on Some Devices

v2.1 (30/3/2014) (Free Version) Download Link : Active Searching v2.1
    ★ Fixed Bug of service being killed when swiping away app from "Recent Apps"
    ★ Fixed Two icons bug
    ★ Fixed Crashing on some Devices Running KitKat
    ★ Re-optimized for better Battery Saving
    ★ Reduced Apk size

v1.1 (26/3/2014)
    ★ Fixed crashing on Some Devices
    ★ Fixed Battery Draining
    ★ Added new Hot Phrase "What's Up"

v1.0 (22/3/2014)
    ★ Initial Release
    kewl.....
    where can i download it?
    i want to try it with nova

Wait till tomorrow , i'll add Nova in Free Version... or else u can use this on Apex Launcher for now...Apk is attached at the end of First Post...
    Wait till tomorrow , i'll add Nova in Free Version... or else u can use this on Apex Launcher for now...Apk is attached at the end of First Post...
    wow thanks a lot
    ok i'm gonna try it now with apex

Update:
    Work like a charm :good::good:
    @JOKERz Nova launcher is Added in Free Version , New App is attached in the First Post .. :)
    @jeswinjv I added Next Launcher 3D in Donate Version .. Will inform u when it will be live on PlayStore :)