Touchscreen Fix, Testers Please

Search This thread

hoezay

Oct 5, 2010
Mumbai
are you using the BAL ftf from androxyde or that's your official .136 for your region? Anyways congrats for the both of us who got our devices fixed. I hope this also fixes the others.
Official India. I updated via pc companion connected to the laptop. :D :D fingers crossed , still no issues !! :D i keep checking every now and then :p :D

ffp.

Oct 6, 2011
Well, in my case i rarely got the error. Only when trying to reproduce it and even this way, sometimes I couldn't. Updated via flashtool (rooted and unlocked BL) and nothing changed. Can use the phone without problems, but if i try to reproduce the error a lot of times it will occasionally show.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to System\usr\idc and open file clear_ped.idc with a text editor

look for the line
    #Pressure
    touch.pressure.scale=0.2

I changed to 0.1, save and close,

Secondly go to System\usr\idc and open file clearpad.idc

look for the line touch.filter.level = 2

I changed the level = 2 to level = 4
    Reboot and enjoy.

My touchscreen now works flawlessly and I hope this fix works for others please test and report back your findings.
    Remember to hit thanks if I helped you in any way.

You can try other settings, You can change the 4 , from 1-7 1 being most sensitive, not always best and 7 being the least. Each device will be different and vary in results. I wouldn't recommend going to 7 though as your touchscreen might become unresponsive.

I found 4 was the best on my handset,. Good luck.
    How would I do this? I got a rooted xperia z1 but not sure what to do next.

Cheers

You need a file manager such as Astro Manager, then just follow the instructions given here... go to System\usr\idc in the file manager.
    What Rom and Kernel are you on

After trying to edit the file it refuses to save. I have tried 2 different file managers now, Is it read only or something?

What Rom and Kernel are you on, I think some 4.3 ROMs still have an issue with the system being read only, I'm by no means a dev and you would need to read about this on whatever ROM you have thread, once you gain access to system being read, write you will have no issue saving.
    Well i thought id give CyanogenMod a shot, but bricked my phone haha.. I did not mind if the camera was not working as long as I could use the rest of the things.. Anyway whats happened is the Screen backlight is on but its on a grey screen

I can't turn the phone off to enter recovery mode either.

Try pressing and holding power button and volume up until it vibrates 3 times, after you've rebooted the phone.

If that doesn't work:

Best thing to do is link it up to PCCompanion and reset the phone to all it's factory settings. Try that?

Edit, best we talk here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49018376#post49018376
    Okay sry Boss that I try to help someone.
    When I will post anything I will ask you if it right :mad:

Sent from awesome Z1