[ROM][NAND][CM7.2]unofficial Android 2.3.7 for Rhodium 2013.07.09

Search This thread

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
thank you for your work here walter79. i am trying to give my old rhod400 a new life with your android port and only wifi connection. are you going to post the fix? I just download cdma version and wifi won't stay on or see any networks.

Fix will only work with a new build. I need some time to compile it. Wpa-supplicant make some problems.

Ranomez

Jun 1, 2010
HTC One X+
HTC Desire HD
my bad with the flash errors.............i didnt see the cwm_recovery.img filewas named cwm_recovery_latest, lol, now im sure il flash it ok next try..........idk if il do it today or just wait till the fixed build............

EDIT: would it work to restore a nand bacup from the sd build i used (i meant the /data partition from it)?

Last edited:

Ranomez

Jun 1, 2010
HTC One X+
HTC Desire HD
aah, thanks, was thinking it would cause both used cwm

EDIT:still cant flash, the recovery gets flashed, but not wanting to go to recovery..............still remining at blue screen, also when i fastboot erase system i get error, cannot erase 1964 (bad block) and error cannot erase 1962 (bad block), any help, or is my nand broken or something, i have rhodium 100 uk, initial radio, should i update radio to latest or what, help me please?

EDIT2: also when trying to boot in recovery after flashing it here are the errors i get in the order they appear: ERROR: cannot read recovery_header ERROR: cannot read boot image header ERROR: could not do normal boot. Reverting to flashboot mode.

EDIT3:NVM, i managed to do this, it seems i need exactly the platform tools you posted, i had latest version installed from the sdk manager, but now i just cant get it to click in cwm, lol

EDIT4: i managed to install it and its runing and good, but i want to know 2 things: how to make the phone start in portrait not landscape, and how to recalibrate touch cause its kinda not good

Last edited:

ivwonka

Sep 9, 2008
Kansas City
I had the same auto rotation problem so I turned it off in settings so everything is portrait now. Get landscape by slide out keyboard. I am not sure if this was both kernel versions or just one because I tried them both.

Look for the screen calibration app in the first post of the omgb rom thread right under this one.

Edit: but be careful, I borked my calibration totally with it once on another nand rom and had to wipe it to fix.

Last edited:

Ranomez

Jun 1, 2010
HTC One X+
HTC Desire HD
I had the same auto rotation problem so I turned it off in settings so everything is portrait now. Get landscape by slide out keyboard. I am not sure if this was both kernel versions or just one because I tried them both.

Look for the screen calibration app in the first post of the omgb rom thread right under this one.

Edit: but be careful, I borked my calibration totally with it once on another nand rom and had to wipe it to fix.

allready tryed the calibration app, but it seems the effects arent permanent, when i reboot it is again badly calibrated, should i mount / and /system as rw before using the calibration app?

EDIT:also it seems the phone does not remember default choises for apps, i set the home button to open task manager allways and useless, cause every time i reboot the phone i must allways chose what to open with the home button (also as home button im talking about the dismiss button, not to make anyone confuse) also i set the call button to open go contacts and i allways need to select what to open after reboot, what is hapening, is it just my phone, or is it a known bug, or did i happen to have a bad flash, or what?

EDIT2: new bug for me: once i install and move to sd a lot of apps the phone starts doing random hot boots, but many, like its unusable right now........... >.<

EDIT3: nvm the hot boot issues, it seems that just as sd android cant run from my class 10 16gb sdcard so cant apps work from it, so i think il just have to turn back to the 8gb one.....must mention that even if its class 10 the 16gb one is verry slow at file transfers (i have no ideea why) but now with the 8gb one its smooth like an android phone (my dads desire hd in my example xD)

EDIT4: it seems the hot boots still happen and as i understand its from the os haveing a hard time loading all the apps on the sd, so now il try to use S2E with an sd-ext of 2gb and see what i get......

EDIT5: im not using this rom anymore, idk, those issues seems to only be in this rom, couldnt even get s2e working, omgb is just working perfect (ofc i cant move some apps to sd in that one, but im using an app in the market for doing that)

Last edited:

Deceptitech

Dec 18, 2008
I had downloaded all of the components, and loaded the SD card, but when I run the Rhodium.nbh file from the bootloader, when it restarts I get nothing but a black screen. Currently using a Rhod 100 model.

Also, how can you tell of your ADB works before doing this procedure?

I know I am not stupid, having modified several phones and flashed many ROMs(currently running energy on this one, with the SD card running Froyo B1.), I just have a touch of ignorance.(yes, there is a difference)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

rafiek

Dec 4, 2009
how can I use this rom with haret? or is this not possible.
I just want to see if everything works OK so I can put it permantly on the phone using SDK.

Thanks,
Rafiek

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
I had downloaded all of the components, and loaded the SD card, but when I run the Rhodium.nbh file from the bootloader, when it restarts I get nothing but a black screen. Currently using a Rhod 100 model.

I know I am not stupid, having modified several phones and flashed many ROMs(currently running energy on this one, with the SD card running Froyo B1.), I just have a touch of ignorance.(yes, there is a difference)

Thank you.

If you aren't familiar with fastboot, this isn't the ROM for you just yet. Stick to SD builds for now. I'm sure it will be easier to flash in the future.

how can I use this rom with haret? or is this not possible.
I just want to see if everything works OK so I can put it permantly on the phone using SDK.

Thanks,
Rafiek

This is a NAND build, not an SD build. It only runs from NAND.

ivwonka

Sep 9, 2008
Kansas City

Thank you.

Well, ADB and linux commands used in Android development will be a new challenge for you. Normally setting up ADB and the correct drivers for your phone are not too difficult. You might have some problems though since the TP2 doesn't actually have any android drivers made for it by HTC. You are welcome to try and teach yourself and get your computer set up. It might take some tinkering if you have never done it, but it can be done. Here are a couple of threads that should give you enough information to start. Good luck!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=879701

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1421760

Reactions: cajunflavoredbob

Deceptitech

Dec 18, 2008
Thank you.

I may be old, but always willing to learn. And the best way to learn is experimentation. Only one more question I have before I continue on is simple. With the nbh file, it is supposed to load some text on screen, and not be black, correct? If it is, that is where I have hit a dead end. I got ADB and Fastboot to work, and I do have drivers that will work with the phone.

Thanks.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Thank you.

I may be old, but always willing to learn. And the best way to learn is experimentation. Only one more question I have before I continue on is simple. With the nbh file, it is supposed to load some text on screen, and not be black, correct? If it is, that is where I have hit a dead end. I got ADB and Fastboot to work, and I do have drivers that will work with the phone.

Thanks.

The NBH is flashed like any WinMo ROM. Place NBH at root of SD. Name RHODIMG.NBH. Put phone in bootloader mode, should see NBH and flash as usual.

ivwonka

Sep 9, 2008
Kansas City
Thank you.

Thanks.
yeah, when following instructions from first post, at the point where you boot to bootloader while plugged into usb, the phone will ask if you want to flash (the screen might be grey, can't remember).

Make sure file is named correctly and also try dl nbh again. might be bad dl

edit: arrrghhh beat me to it. lol

walter79

Recognized Developer
Dec 18, 2006
Wifi problems are fixed with 3.3.6 kernel. Will upload later a new build. (GSM)

schlei

Dec 4, 2009
Hi great build ! it is working great on my rhodium100_de

but i have to problems :

- need german keyboard file
- ts.calibration seems of

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM7 for Rhodium

Big thanks to ACL, detule (agps), pcgg (wifi fix) wizardknight (kernel) and CM7 team for HTC Hero support.

Based on official HTC Hero CyanogenMOD 7.2 and some libs, files, kernel and modules from ACLs OMGB or from Xdandroid nand.

AGPS support is from this link: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/android-tp2-development/149104-testing-rhod-agps-xtra-support.html

2.6.27 kernel

- native tethering is not working

3.3.6 kernel

- native tethering is not working
    - autobacklight is not working
    - reboot is not working
    - bluetooth only working partial
    - usb mass-storage is not working

3.4.41 kernel

- update cm7.2 to 2013.03.01 hero source
    - update kernel to 3.4.41 from wizardknight
    - reboot and autobacklight work
    - bluetooth please test and report if something not work

For faster gps fix --> enable data or wifi connection and gps --> reboot or use Leo AGPS injector
    gps.conf is setup for europe servers.

Download CM7.2:

2.6.27 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-20120424.zip
    3.3.6 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.3.6-201200523.zip
    CM7.2-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.4.41-201300709.zip

Mirror 1 (MEGA)

How to install starting from Windows Mobile: (HSPL needed on your phone) based on: How to install nand wiki from ACL:

1. install Android-SDK on your Windows PC http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    2. copy files from platform-tools.zip to Android-SDK/platform-tools/
    3. copy cwm_recovery_latest.img to Android-SDK/platform-tools/ (http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list)
    4. copy RHODIMG.NBH = ACLs LK for Rhodium to the root of your sdcard (http://code.google.com/p/rhodium-nand/downloads/list)
    5. copy CM7.2-xxxx.zip to the root of your sdcard
    6. shut down your phone
    7. connect the phone via USB to your PC
    8. start your phone with Power plus Vol-
    9. phone detect flash image now
    10. flash image
    11. reboot your phone (usb connected)
    12. install HTC android driver (htc android driver.zip)
    13. open windows shell (cmd)
    14. browse to /android-sdk/platform-tools

Next steps are taken from ACLs install wiki:

In your CMD window type these commands:
    1. Fastboot erase recovery
    2. Fastboot erase boot
    3. Fastboot erase misc
    4. Fastboot erase system
    5. Fastboot erase userdata
    6. Fastboot erase cache

Load the cwm_recovery.img with fastboot:

In your CMD window type this command:
    1. Fastboot flash recovery cwm_recovery_latest.img

Reboot: (Or hit the reset button)

In your CMD window type this command:
    1. Fastboot reboot

Once LK is starting to load (Blue screen) press and hold the "POWER BUTTON" until you feel it vibrate(Top button). LK will let you know when it detected a press. Your recovery should load (If it not work unplug USB cable and reset your phone)

To Navigate in Recovery you can use the Vol UP/DOWN(Move UP/DOWN), END Call Key(Enter/Select) or the keyboard arrows with the enter key.

1. Select "apply update from sdcard".
    2. Select "CM7.2-xxx.zip" and wait for it to finish installing.
    3. Select "reboot system now"

First boot need ~ 5min

GAPPS:

- GAPPS http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

Edit build.prop and set ro.telephony.network=4 to get CDMA running thanks argenisaz

Better performance settings

- settings/cyanogenmod --> settings/performance

• Compcache = disabled
    • use JIT = disable
    • surface dithering = disabled
    • use 16bit transparency = enabled (system maybe unstable after this)
    - settings/cyanogenmod --> settings/display

• disable screen off animation
    - settings/display

• animations = no animations
    - settings/ADW launcher --> Drawer settings

• disable animated drawer
    • disable fade app labels
    Changelog:

2013.07.09 update kernel and cm7.2 source, new kernel fixed a lot of problems
    2012.05.23 new 3.3.6 kernel build for GSM, back to acl ramdisk, gsm data and apn fixed
    2012.05.22 added CM7.2 build GSM with new detule 3.3.6 kernel CM7.2.0-RC1-rhodium-GSM-kernel-3.3.6-201200522.zip
    2012.05.15 added CM7.2 build GSM and CDMA with new detule 3.3.4 kernel
    2012.04.23 modded ramdisk for ACL kernel https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3OovGFEtCdnSEhMdVZINVlhU2M
    2012.04.20 updated build with ACLs new kernel
    2012.04.16 added link to ACLs new kernel
    2012.04.15 update base to CM-7.2.0 RC1 Hero GSM, zipalign on boot, fix for button backlight
    2012.04.03 fixed keyboard backlight, zipalign all apps
    2012.03.27 first release
    Got a "new" touch pro2. Will update this cm7.2 build. But i will need some time for this.
    I hacked up a zip file that installs the kernel from the latest OMGB release as it has some new battery code. I though I would post it in case someone wants to play with it. The kernel will not work on the 3.x.x versions of this rom I suspect, but I was able to use it with the 2.6.x version. Also some gps libs I pulled from GBX. Not sure if they are newer than the ones in this rom, but there they are. No warranty or support for this is offered. It should be fine, but if your phone becomes Skynet after installing I take no responsibility.
    Information about 3.3.4 kernel build!

- Display will be black if you try to press power and devices sleeps and USB-cable is plugged.
    - without plugged USB-cable display works normal
    - wifi is not working (fixed with 2012-05-22 build)
    - data works only with enabled national/international roaming
    - automatic APN settings did not work
    - autobacklight is not working - switch to manual

- detule 3.3.4 (6) kernel
    - ramdisk modded to work with cm7.2
    - /lib/hw used from Xdandroid GBX0C nand
    - mediaprovider.apk form Xdandroid GBX0C nand (CM7.2 mediaprovider = FC)

CDMA build is not tested.
    Happened again, I made a phone call, the screen went of when I raised the phone near my face, called finished and the screen never came on again, the phone was completely unresponsive. Left alone for a while. Nothing. As as I plugged in the USB cable it rebooted.

Thing is, for me this issue is easy to replicate. It happens only on long calls (over 10 minutes give or take). On short calls I never experience this. But during long calls it happens each and every time.

Posting last kmsg.

Maybe less ram. You run some havy background apps. Try without whatsapp.