[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) Stable 9.0

Search This thread

Herox

Nov 7, 2009
Murika
So sometimes my ringtones become "Unknown" and I have to reselect them. is this a common issue? Seems like it happens if the phone crashes.

Edit: Rebooting the phone in any way seems to cause the ringtones to become "Unknown".

bjtheone

Sep 3, 2009
Kanata
So sometimes my ringtones become "Unknown" and I have to reselect them. is this a common issue? Seems like it happens if the phone crashes.

Edit: Rebooting the phone in any way seems to cause the ringtones to become "Unknown".
I have only very rarely had this issue (like every 3 or 4 months) and I have flashed almost every single weekly (most dirty flashes).

Phone gets rebooted at leat once a week, sometimes twice. Likely is an app combination issue rather than being intrinsic to the basic build.

Herox

Nov 7, 2009
Murika
Well after a proper reboot now it won't detect the SD card through my phone properly. It all seems to work fine on my PC. I'm backing it up for a reformat just to see. Not sure what is going on but this is the 3rd time it has happened.

JaylanPHNX

Nov 16, 2010
Well after a proper reboot now it won't detect the SD card through my phone properly. It all seems to work fine on my PC. I'm backing it up for a reformat just to see. Not sure what is going on but this is the 3rd time it has happened.
Is it possible your SD card is going bad?

It's baconnn!

Herox

Nov 7, 2009
Murika
Bad SD was my first concern but it seems like its only ringtone issues. I can listen to my music, see pictures, watch videos on the SD card, ETC.

Herox

Nov 7, 2009
Murika
It's gotten worse. Now nothing is working. I even reformatted the SD and moved the stuff back. Nothing seems to be able to read it but it works fine on my PC and shows good health. My friend seems to think my media scanner is malfuncitoning so I'm going to try a fresh format.

Edit: I can't backup anything even to the internal now. It just isn't working. I wish I knew what happened.

Reflashing the latest stable 7.0 seems to have worked fine. Such an upset to have to redo everything though. It finds all media without an issue again.

Last edited:

echelon64

Jun 6, 2014
So I just installed the latest stable on my SGH-I747 and:

-Home button doesn't work

Went to Settings > Navigation > Enable custom but I still can't get that to work.

-Menu in Notifications bar doesn't work.

I press the icon on the top right and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1970-01-02-01-11-49.png
    Screenshot_1970-01-02-01-11-49.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 282

horga_83

Jun 27, 2012
Mill Bay, BC
So I just installed the latest stable on my SGH-I747 and:

-Home button doesn't work

Went to Settings > Navigation > Enable custom but I still can't get that to work.

-Menu in Notifications bar doesn't work.

I press the icon on the top right and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

I suggest you download the image again, do a complete wipe of all partitions cache, dalvik etc and re-intsall.

I have it installed on an SGH-I747 and it works well.

echelon64

Jun 6, 2014
I suggest you download the image again, do a complete wipe of all partitions cache, dalvik etc and re-intsall.

I have it installed on an SGH-I747 and it works well.

Just re-did download and reflash., and got a soft brick. Meh. Guess I'll try one more go or try another ROM.

Using PhilZ touch recovery, could that be an issue?

Reflashed and I'm stuck in some kind of bootloop:

Just shows the samsung logo for a sec, shows the slimkat logo, and then reboots into recovery.

Guess I'll Odin back to Stock and try it again.

Edit 2:

Okay, Odin back to stock, installed TWRP via Odin, placed d2tl2e slimkat zip and gapps full in root of /sdcard of phone storage and reflashed. Glad to say everything works.

Very nice.

Any recommended kernels for this phone?

Last edited:
Just re-did download and reflash., and got a soft brick. Meh. Guess I'll try one more go or try another ROM.

Using PhilZ touch recovery, could that be an issue?

Reflashed and I'm stuck in some kind of bootloop:

Just shows the samsung logo for a sec, shows the slimkat logo, and then reboots into recovery.

Guess I'll Odin back to Stock and try it again.

Edit 2:

Okay, Odin back to stock, installed TWRP via Odin, placed d2tl2e slimkat zip and gapps full in root of /sdcard of phone storage and reflashed. Glad to say everything works.

Very nice.

Any recommended kernels for this phone?

Philz Tough is no longer supported, that could Bevan issue, I been using TWRP 2.8.1.0 without any problems...

Reactions: echelon64

echelon64

Jun 6, 2014
Philz Tough is no longer supported, that could Bevan issue, I been using TWRP 2.8.1.0 without any problems...

I got everything working and I used latest TWRP to get it going, even flashed the latest lean kernel (9.17 I think) and the phone is smooth. I experience a bit of lag though while in calendar though with both cyanogenmod kernel provided and LK. Anyway to go about fixing that?

Last edited:

Djinn23

Oct 23, 2010
It's gotten worse. Now nothing is working. I even reformatted the SD and moved the stuff back. Nothing seems to be able to read it but it works fine on my PC and shows good health. My friend seems to think my media scanner is malfuncitoning so I'm going to try a fresh format.

Edit: I can't backup anything even to the internal now. It just isn't working. I wish I knew what happened.

Reflashing the latest stable 7.0 seems to have worked fine. Such an upset to have to redo everything though. It finds all media without an issue again.

I have seen this even the reader/Sim riser card in the going bad. If you sees no improvement I would reseat and/or consider replacing. It's a cheap part if you do it yourself or a local so will charge between 35 and 70 to do it.

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Free mobile app

Herox

Nov 7, 2009
Murika
Possible. Over a month ago the phone said the sim was ejected which I have never seen it do before. Figured it just bugged out because I rebooted it and it was fine till this. It is an old S3. Maybe an upgrade wouldn't hurt soon. But so far everything is perfect again.

echelon64

Jun 6, 2014
Such a nice rom but the whole experience seems laggy. Using latest Chrome on this ROM, trying to view this forum just lags like crazy.

Anyone else experience this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere with SlimPie Controls.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
      • SlimPie - Easily access frequently used command at anytime.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Video Preview of the Rom -

Important SlimRom links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Please Note, All the Variants of Samsung Galaxy S3 for North America are now combined under one umbrella Device called D2LTE.

Stable Release Downloads - Download the Most recent Stable Release of the Rom. Also provides a Change Log.

Weekly Release Downloads - Latest and most up to date Code. Given its weekly nature, there might Possibly be a bug or two.

Google Apps Download Stable Release or Beta Release.- This features 3 different Packages Minimal, Full and All in One (AIO). You may also want to visit [GAPPS][4.4.x] Official Slim GApps TRDS (Slimkat)

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch!

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

SlimRoms Forum

If you are interested in helping the project,

If you are interested in Theming -

To those who are interested in Themes, the following two theme engines have been found to be working satisfactorily by XDA user @jorv976

You may wish to use either

Xtheme Engine
    - XTheme Engine beta5 It will want Xposed Framework. You will be interested in #10 of the XTheme Thread. It has a mini Guide on applying themes.

OR

HK Theme Manager - Thread and its themes.

Here are a few Sample Screens after theming.
    Themed1-1.jpg

Themed4-1-1.jpg

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2att), ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    nicklovell23, SlimRoms, Perseus, Tylog
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 9.0
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-21
    Current Beta Version: 8.20
    Beta Release Date: 2014-12-22

Created 2014-05-21
    Last Updated 2015-03-09
    On another note, is d2lte gonna be supported in 5.0? Seems most devs have moved on.:banghead:
    Going to happen since I have some say about it. ;) Last I checked, my only DD Device is a S3. :cowboy:

Patience is Virtue and all that.
    Its still broken.
    Data yes
    GPS no
    Bluetooth untested

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001606615

Says GPS yes. :)
    I am the most patient individual in the world!! ( I never push for a time or date from a developer) I guess I should have asked the question a different way, is the weekly development of 9.0 finished...because of LP getting ready to drop?........because the download files are gone...
    You have not been Asking ETA. I know. :) As to LP? Well keep watching hopefully later today.
    Yes, stable 9 is the last kk build. All efforts now are for SlimLP. It's still in alpha, but weeklies are coming soon. Some devices are gonna have a tougher time than others, though. Right now there's lots of good builds for N5 and Oneplus One, but others still need work, from what I understand.
    Yeah D2 fell into latter category. The stock Camera is still borked. However 3rd party Camera apps are working fine.
    yes, you choice your kernel based on better audio perfomance.. but im looking for better battery perfomance? which one do you can recommended?
    <cough> my signature<cough><cough>
    @brttwilliams

To All

Please use the following as your Current Weekly 8.4

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655042121

Just for this once, keep aside the 8.4 posted on Slim Website.