My Places widget gone after Nougat update

Search This thread

tripjnj

Mar 5, 2010
NJ shore
Anyone else notice that the My Places widget is gone with Android N? Frustrating as I was using the location based settings a lot between work, home, car,etc... Would not have done the upgrade yet had I known!

firstbrick

Feb 9, 2013
Brew City
Same here - My Samsung Galaxy S6 just updated to Nougat, one of the most important features I use daily - the My Places widget that allowed me to manager shortcuts and settings BY LOCATION is gone. I need that functionality, there is NOTHING in Nougat that makes up for not having this feature. Had I known I would have never let my phone update. In the meantime I located and downloaded "com.sec.android.widgetapp.locationwidget.apk" but it will not install, says "conflicts with a package of the same name". So we know the darn thing is still on the phone - aside from rooting, does anyone have a way to make the install work or make the phone see and use the package that's already there? I was hoping to use the DeBloater by GatesJunior to locate it, but apparently there's no new version for Android 7, and it only sees two packages period. I posted in that original thread to ask if there will be an update.

MrMike2182

Dec 6, 2014
Atlanta
Same here - My Samsung Galaxy S6 just updated to Nougat, one of the most important features I use daily - the My Places widget that allowed me to manager shortcuts and settings BY LOCATION is gone. I need that functionality, there is NOTHING in Nougat that makes up for not having this feature. Had I known I would have never let my phone update. In the meantime I located and downloaded "com.sec.android.widgetapp.locationwidget.apk" but it will not install, says "conflicts with a package of the same name". So we know the darn thing is still on the phone - aside from rooting, does anyone have a way to make the install work or make the phone see and use the package that's already there? I was hoping to use the DeBloater by GatesJunior to locate it, but apparently there's no new version for Android 7, and it only sees two packages period. I posted in that original thread to ask if there will be an update.

I would just downgrade back to Marshmallow! To many problems with Android N especially certain apps being gone and the damn battery dying super fast again! I went back to Marshmallow and now I have my 8 hour charge back instead of 3 or 4 hours on Nougat!