Post Reply Email Thread
29th October 2010, 03:20 PM |#11  
Flag Starkville, MS
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by generic.imitation

Yeah there are settings for connecting to wifi. Mine does it automatically when I get home based on the gps. Works most of the time, had to turn it on manually a couple times because the gps wasn't on.

You should use "wifi near" as a condition instead of "gps". That way it just toggles you wifi on and off periodically and if it is near... it will connect.

Gps is so demanding on the battery... and not always accurate... as you see

29th October 2010, 05:34 PM |#12  
Flag Brunswick
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I set mine up so whenever I plug in my headphones my music app opens

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
29th October 2010, 08:06 PM |#13  
Flag Starkville, MS

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichigopow

I set mine up so whenever I plug in my headphones my music app opens

I set my heaphones the same.. but at the same time, it cuts my media volume up (in case it was down) and when I unplug them... it returns my media volume back to it's previous value
29th October 2010, 09:07 PM |#14  
Flag Brunswick
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDanger

I set my heaphones the same.. but at the same time, it cuts my media volume up (in case it was down) and when I unplug them... it returns my media volume back to it's previous value

I do the same except my volume goes down when I plug them in so I don't have music blaring in my ears.

29th October 2010, 09:24 PM |#15  
Flag Starkville, MS

Donate to Me
More
I also have a profile that texts my gf a random message at a random time that is between 7:30 am and 7:40 am (so she don't think it's automated lol) every morning. I got that idea from LexusBrian

Again.. great app!
30th October 2010, 03:42 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Here was I have got going on with tasker.
Car dock: gps on, bluetooth on, display always on, notification volume off. On exit they all do the opposite.
When home: wifi on. Exit wifi goes off.
At work: phone goes to vibrate for everything.
10pm to 545am: phone goes quiet.
I second it a best app ever. Wifi, gps, and bluetooth are never on when I don't need em. Come on you can't beat that. What a battery saver.

5th November 2010, 09:12 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Tasker is an incredibly handy utility.

Here's the profiles I use:

GPSonForLocationApps - I think this one has already been covered by this thread.

WifiOnAtHome - I use the wifi near option... although I think it's causing issues with my 3G signal... it will occasionally turn on wifi to check if I'm at home which seems to turn off 3G. Still playing with this one.

LowVolumeDuringWorkHours - sets various volumes appropriately so I can still hear stuff but doesn't annoy folks working near by. I turn this on/off based on day of week and time of day. Upon exiting this profile it returns my volumes back to normal.

NoficationsOffAtNight - I turn off notifications at night and if my phone is plugged into AC.

SilentForMeetings - if I have a calendar entry where I'm marked as busy it turns my phone to silent mode.
6th November 2010, 08:46 PM |#18  
Flag Norrtälje
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Openwatch?
Hello

I am new to Tasker, and I'm starting to understand exactly how much you can do. Uses open watch a lot and have done a lot of settings to make my clock better. But I wonder if I can get messages from one app to my watch. The app is an ice hockey results service. And each time it becomes a goal, I get it as income message in the status bar. But can I get the message in the clock at the same time? Right now I just get a message in the watch which I've written, but would like it says in the status bar so you do not I pick up the phone to look at the result. Is there perhaps a few codes to enter, instead of my message is? Hope you understand me?
7th November 2010, 06:04 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I have mine set to enable WiFi when I connect to a certain cell tower. Keeps the drain on my batter to nothing more than it was already at, and GPS is only enabled for about 5 minutes to and from the house. I'm sure the drain for that combined 10 minutes is much less than periodically checking the GPS or if a network is near.
7th November 2010, 07:19 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I am turning off gps when I get to my home cell tower and turning on my wifi at the same time.

For my multimedia apps like pandora, I have my screen stay on when plugged to a power source.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
7th November 2010, 04:17 PM |#21  
Flag Starkville, MS

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerraStrandberg

Hello

I am new to Tasker, and I'm starting to understand exactly how much you can do. Uses open watch a lot and have done a lot of settings to make my clock better. But I wonder if I can get messages from one app to my watch. The app is an ice hockey results service. And each time it becomes a goal, I get it as income message in the status bar. But can I get the message in the clock at the same time? Right now I just get a message in the watch which I've written, but would like it says in the status bar so you do not I pick up the phone to look at the result. Is there perhaps a few codes to enter, instead of my message is? Hope you understand me?

If I understand correctly... everytime the ice hockey results prints a message you written some code to push it to the watch... but now you want to print that same message in the status bar of your phone?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)