[30-Nov-08] HTC EzInput Keyboard Suites - QVGA and VGA RC2 and Language Packs

Search This thread
N

nothin

i must say, it is very interesting keyboard.

need to know, how to make localized, PLK version...though.
i saw, that PLK kbd is on your todo list, but i need to try for myself, before.

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
The cab was installed after Manilla2D but like I said, with version 1.0(or whatever version is included in Manilla2d), it's working perfect but contribute, here's what you wanted,

Model: Sprint Mogul/Titan
Language: English
Previous keyboards installed: None
Previous SIP changer installed: None
ROM version (6.0/6.1 - HTC/Cooked): Kaos Take 5 rom
Description of the issue: Word suggestion box can't be disabled
Did this issue exist even before the cab was installed?: No, earlier version works perfect

There's an important thing that it's still not clear to you: The version of the EzInput technology included in Manila2D and this one are the same.
All the files have been extracted from the same Opal ROM, but to be used on other phones they need to be repackaged.

This is the thread where the official cab is being made. There was a link to this thread, on the thread where you have downloaded the Manila2D, to allow the download of the package I'm preparing, but something has changed, and now a 'general' version, without any compatibility fix, has been included on the Manila2D cab. The development of the version you can find here is at a more advanced step than the one you can find on the Manila2D cab, and a request has been sent to that thread, to remove that version and restore the link.

And so you know, I did a hard reset, installed manilla2D and then installed v1.5 and once I noticed the problem, I uninstalled and installed the earlier version and it's been working just fine since,

The suggestion box you don't want to see is just the box where you can get the dictionary words from Tegic. This means that T9 is enabled.
T9 cannot be enabled on the hardware keyboard on the version included with the Manila2D package you've downloaded, because it doesn' have any compatibility fix.

If you wish to remove it, press Fn+Space, and on the T9 menu choose ABC.
It has been said many times on this thread, and you can find the infos on the download page so, next time, you should read them more carefully.

BJK

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
i must say, it is very interesting keyboard.

need to know, how to make localized, PLK version...though.
i saw, that PLK kbd is on your todo list, but i need to try for myself, before.

I'll help you with something that I've written on the download page, which probably you have not noticed:

The main package will still be the five languages version (EN, FR, DE, IT, ES), but for special cases I will prepare other languages - PM me for those, I'll weigh up each case. Remember that a direct post in the thread will mean a NO - we're going to test the 0409 locale now.

Yes, the PLK is on the list. No, the fact that you need to try it for yourself doesn't change anything.

And next time, since the rules are quite clear, you should begin by giving us an installation report. That's the only way to receive support.

BJK

Maxxd01

Jul 19, 2008
Model: HTC Touch Dual 16 keys
Language: WWE (updated)
Previous keyboards installed: Keyboard SIP_Diamond EzInput (updated)
Previous SIP changer installed: No
ROM version (6.0/6.1 - HTC/Cooked): Niki Rom Kitchen 1.1-20755(Build 20755.1.4.0)

Description of the issue: backpsace issue (see update below)
Did this issue exist even before the cab was installed? No, this issue has only appear after the instalation.

Well looks like you're right. There's an issue on the .cab for the 16 keys too. Sometimes when I press backspace, the problem is exactly that: I press backspace, and then, instead clear the digit, ok it clear, but also it puts another one. That "another one", I'm not yet able to understand if it's random or no. I'll try to understand next days. This happened in three Rom's I used, and one of them has manilla2D. Sorry my english is not the best to express myself.

EDIT: I detected two bugs connected to the backspace issue: For example, I press letter m (do not forget is a 16 keyboard), and then i do backspace and when I do m again it puts an "n". Other times, I do backpsace to the first letter just no erases nothing. EDIT again: Sometimes I press the second letter (for example "e" of the "3" key, and instead the "e", it puts an 3.

All these things only happens if we use backpsace. And, if we have to do a lot of backpsace, bigger the problem is.

Last edited:

Calkulin

Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S21+
There's an important thing that it's still not clear to you: The version of the EzInput technology included in Manila2D and this one are the same.
All the files have been extracted from the same Opal ROM, but to be used on other phones they need to be repackaged.

This is the thread where the official cab is being made. There was a link to this thread, on the thread where you have downloaded the Manila2D, to allow the download of the package I'm preparing, but something has changed, and now a 'general' version, without any compatibility fix, has been included on the Manila2D cab. The development of the version you can find here is at a more advanced step than the one you can find on the Manila2D cab, and a request has been sent to that thread, to remove that version and restore the link.

The suggestion box you don't want to see is just the box where you can get the dictionary words from Tegic. This means that T9 is enabled.
T9 cannot be enabled on the hardware keyboard on the version included with the Manila2D package you've downloaded, because it doesn' have any compatibility fix.

If you wish to remove it, press Fn+Space, and on the T9 menu choose ABC.
It has been said many times on this thread, and you can find the infos on the download page so, next time, you should read them more carefully.

BJK

I thought they were different builds since the file size was different but I will tell you this, I did a hard reset today to install the new version of Manilla2D and after reading your post I decided to test it again and it did the samething, so my guess is that the version in this thread probably has a corrupt file or a registry key that's changed(I'm too lazy to look :rolleyes: because I can't even disable word suggestion through settings\personal\input and with the other version I can. Actually I don't even see the word suggestions like I do with the one in this thread, they are the regular windows way,

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
I thought they were different builds since the file size was different but I will tell you this, I did a hard reset today to install the new version of Manilla2D and after reading your post I decided to test it again and it did the samething, so my guess is that the version in this thread probably has a corrupt file or a registry key that's changed(I'm too lazy to look :rolleyes: because I can't even disable word suggestion through settings\personal\input and with the other version I can. Actually I don't even see the word suggestions like I do with the one in this thread, they are the regular windows way,

Well, you have a curious way to jump to conclusions.
You admit you're too lazy to check, but since you don't even know how to send useful details about how to repro your issue, there must be only a reason for you, to explain the issue: this cab is faulty.

Good point of view. I'm really lucky to get this useful report, since I - and the other 650 users who have downloaded this cab - are so dumb or lazy that we have not even been able to see what you're talking about.

So, please, I know that you are lazy and I wouldn't really like to ask for some details, but everyone here would really like to understand. Would you please be so kind to give us some details about which editing mode are you using, ABC or T9, if you're talking about software or hardware input, and if you are using hardware, if you have tried to use the Fn+Space OR NOT ??

We need detailed reproduction steps - without them your issue cannot receive support.

BJK

Last edited:

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
Well looks like you're right. There's an issue on the .cab for the 16 keys too. Sometimes when I press backspace, the problem is exactly that: I press backspace, and then, instead clear the digit, ok it clear, but also it puts another one. That "another one", I'm not yet able to understand if it's random or no. I'll try to understand next days. This happened in three Rom's I used, and one of them has manilla2D. Sorry my english is not the best to express myself.

The tests are going on, in a closed beta group.
We have discovered that it's not related to the ROMs used, because we've been testing the issue on stock roms, thanks to users who have been willing to share their time and even hard reset or reflash.
So, it seems that it's a bug in the Tegic libraries. The fact is that they have changed quite a lot, since the Touch Dual release, but so far HTC has not created a successor to the Dual - all newer phones don't have a keyboard or have a full one.
The registry settings I've bee using are exactly the same found in the Opal Rom, tweaked for the hardware mapping compatibility with the Nike versions, but since the issue happens on both versions (which are using different files), probably it's not even related at all to the hardware mapping.
The tests show that it has something to do with how the Spell check and the Auto Substitution work, and we'll have to found a workaround for it.

EDIT: I detected two bugs connected to the backspace issue: For example, I press letter m (do not forget is a 16 keyboard), and then i do backspace and when I do m again it puts an "n". Other times, I do backpsace to the first letter just no erases nothing. EDIT again: Sometimes I press the second letter (for example "e" of the "3" key, and instead the "e", it puts an 3.

You might think that they are bugs, but indeed they are not. It's just the way the auto prediction works. The letters you see are just the "next in sequence". The issue is still related to the backspace only.

BJK

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
No one is wrong in the above deleted Posts.

Opinions may vary as to how to get a good working version out.

But let's take a step back and breath.

We all want the same thing here.

Yes suspending the Download might be contra productive.
But there is a reason to it and i can only respect that.

If that causes a new thread to arise that will only raise the question of why there are two threads and it becomes Contra productive to unless the two thread holders Exchange information.

It's worth the time to think about it and discuss in private.

Last edited:
N

nothin

I'll help you with something that I've written on the download page, which probably you have not noticed:

Yes, the PLK is on the list. No, the fact that you need to try it for yourself doesn't change anything.

And next time, since the rules are quite clear, you should begin by giving us an installation report. That's the only way to receive support.

BJK
dude, relax. i won't bother You anymoar, then. i can see what your attitude is, exactly.
i don't care, if you will do this, or not, i just wanted to know HOW to do this, right?
you may not waste your time for answer, good luck.

Last edited:

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
dude, relax. i won't bother You anymoar, then. i can see what your attitude is, exactly.
i don't care, if you will do this, or not, i just wanted to know HOW to do this, right?
you may not waste your time for answer, good luck.

No, not exactly enough. You can't get my attitude from that.

You posted on the thread, where I'm wasting a lot of time trying to explain users that a report *must* be filed, successful install or not. Every time, a "me too" syndrome starts.

If you had read the rules, you had known that you should have sent a PM, for personal requests. So, maybe you don't care, ok, but if you check the previous posts, you'll see that I've already talked about a Polish language pack. And even if your language has no support files at all, and I'll have to make all the layouts on my own, this is the FIRST language I've offered, and I've offered it to a Polish user.

People keeps asking me russian, dutch, portuguese, and so on. But it's Polish, the one I'm working on. Browse just a little bit more, and you'll find the post.

So, if you feel offended, just think about the time I'm spending for free. I'm not doing it for you since you've not ever requested it, but you should respect someone else's work - including the rules.

And no, time for giving answers is never wasted time. But the questions have to be made in the right way.

BJK

Last edited:
N

nothin

damn, i did not read you posts carefully enough..
indeed, rules were clear..
sorry for everything..

Last edited:

jeiyuu

Aug 15, 2007
Pacifica, CA
Works beautifully!

I have had this keyboard installed on my HTC Vogue for a few days now. Installed over a clean hard reset (JD Clean rom), and Manilla 2D. No speed or lag issues, all 3 layouts work beautifully.

Maxxd01

Jul 19, 2008
The tests are going on, in a closed beta group.
We have discovered that it's not related to the ROMs used, because we've been testing the issue on stock roms, thanks to users who have been willing to share their time and even hard reset or reflash.
So, it seems that it's a bug in the Tegic libraries. The fact is that they have changed quite a lot, since the Touch Dual release, but so far HTC has not created a successor to the Dual - all newer phones don't have a keyboard or have a full one.
The registry settings I've bee using are exactly the same found in the Opal Rom, tweaked for the hardware mapping compatibility with the Nike versions, but since the issue happens on both versions (which are using different files), probably it's not even related at all to the hardware mapping.
The tests show that it has something to do with how the Spell check and the Auto Substitution work, and we'll have to found a workaround for it.

You might think that they are bugs, but indeed they are not. It's just the way the auto prediction works. The letters you see are just the "next in sequence". The issue is still related to the backspace only.

BJK

But there are a solution?

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
I have had this keyboard installed on my HTC Vogue for a few days now. Installed over a clean hard reset (JD Clean rom), and Manilla 2D. No speed or lag issues, all 3 layouts work beautifully.

With the risk of being again called a Napoleon, even if I have really nothing to complain about him, I have to remember you that yes, I'm pleased to know that the cab works for you, but that you've forgot the rules, which clearly tell that reports are needed both for successful installs and issues.

I'll give you an example, to restore the "1st mistake bonus".
From your message, I get that you are using a Vogue. You tell me that you've made an hard reset, for which you deserve another thank-you, but you can't expect me to have detailed infos on all the custom roms around and so I still don't know if your rom already included a prerelease of these keyboards, or even if the Manila2D version you've installed is one of the version that includes a pre-release of this keyboard, too.

You might find all these informations not so relevant, after all, but I've been trying to iron out a specific issue on a Vogue for two weeks, with users that could not always answer to my requests or do an hard reset, just to discover on three devices, two with a Telus official rom and one with a custom one, that the speed issue was no longer experienced after removing some other keyboards or making an hard reset.

Successful reports allow me to better understand issues, when they are reported.

So, please, take a look at the first post, an give me a detailed report.

Thanks,

BJK

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
But there are a solution?

I am trying to change registry settings a bit, to see what changes. Obviously it will take time, because the users base of the Nike devices is the one who has sent less reports, and which is actually the less active. You are the only one who has made a public post regarding the request for help of that Nike user. All that has been discovered so far has been discovered only thanks to a bunch of users, who I've had to contact by PM.

If the attitude won't change, it will take time - quite obvious.

This said, we have new official files for the Tegic libraries that I'm going to add to the cabs. We'll have to try all over again, to see if anything changes.

BJK

jeiyuu

Aug 15, 2007
Pacifica, CA
I'll give you an example, to restore the "1st mistake bonus".
From your message, I get that you are using a Vogue. You tell me that you've made an hard reset, for which you deserve another thank-you, but you can't expect me to have detailed infos on all the custom roms around and so I still don't know if your rom already included a prerelease of these keyboards, or even if the Manila2D version you've installed is one of the version that includes a pre-release of this keyboard, too.

You might find all these informations not so relevant, after all, but I've been trying to iron out a specific issue on a Vogue for two weeks, with users that could not always answer to my requests or do an hard reset, just to discover on three devices, two with a Telus official rom and one with a custom one, that the speed issue was no longer experienced after removing some other keyboards or making an hard reset.

No problem BJK, I'm only here to help. Here is the info fromt he first page as detailed as I can be:

* Model: HTC Vogue (Sprint)
* Language: English
* Previous keyboards installed: None
* Previous SIP changer installed: None
* ROM version (6.0/6.1 - HTC/Cooked): JD's Clean Hybrid Rom: The Rom is a hybrid between the 19960 and 19965 builds of Windows Mobile 6.1, The XIP CE Base is 19208 Sprint 3.03 Build, Stripped Clean, no office, no games.. (IMO, the best rom to start fresh from.. However, I updated the pagepool to 24mb)
* Description of the issue: None found as of yet.. Will keep you posted.
* Did this issue exist even before the cab was installed?: N/A

DupinBJK

Sep 15, 2008
No problem BJK, I'm only here to help. Here is the info fromt he first page as detailed as I can be:

* Model: HTC Vogue (Sprint)
* Language: English
* Previous keyboards installed: None
* Previous SIP changer installed: None
* ROM version (6.0/6.1 - HTC/Cooked): JD's Clean Hybrid Rom: The Rom is a hybrid between the 19960 and 19965 builds of Windows Mobile 6.1, The XIP CE Base is 19208 Sprint 3.03 Build, Stripped Clean, no office, no games.. (IMO, the best rom to start fresh from.. However, I updated the pagepool to 24mb)
* Description of the issue: None found as of yet.. Will keep you posted.
* Did this issue exist even before the cab was installed?: N/A

That's it ! Thanks and welcome on board :)

BJK