By pakidermo5000, Senior Member on 24th February 2014, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th October 2015, 06:04 PM |#20551  
Flag Buckinghamshire
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa8310

The so called pin #4 of the BT card is the pin that was connected to C32 which in turn was connected to the internal mic(+). Double check it, starting from the internal mic(+) end, in order to identify correctly pin #4 of the BT card.

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

It checks out - it also checks out with the marking on the back of the BT board (mic)

I confirm Th mic signal from the socket has continuity to pin 4 on the BT card, which has continuity to the pad where the C32 resistor was but not to the other side which is cut.

Stumped here, was expecting this to be easy!

Is there a BT mic volume in software that needs to be enabled or set?
27th October 2015, 06:19 PM |#20552  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze Falconburger

It checks out - it also checks out with the marking on the back of the BT board (mic)

I confirm Th mic signal from the socket has continuity to pin 4 on the BT card, which has continuity to the pad where the C32 resistor was but not to the other side which is cut.

Stumped here, was expecting this to be easy!

Is there a BT mic volume in software that needs to be enabled or set?

AFAIK there's no mic volume adjustment. What kind of mic is it, some microphones need a supply voltage to work. There's no such thing present
in this HU. Have you tried the cheap Chinese mic? They don't sound good but you could at least test it for function.

Have you checked your soldering, so you didn't drop solder in between the connecting pins? We have had that in this thread before.
27th October 2015, 06:23 PM |#20553  
Thanks Meter: 1,020

More
---
27th October 2015, 06:26 PM |#20554  
Flag Buckinghamshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by halloj

AFAIK there's no mic volume adjustment. What kind of mic is it, some microphones need a supply voltage to work. There's no such thing present
in this HU. Have you tried the cheap Chinese mic? They don't sound good but you could at least test it for function.

Have you checked your soldering, so you didn't drop solder in between the connecting pins? We have had that in this thread before.

Good point about the mic - how can I check this? I'll see if I can find an old mic somewhere

I am using this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o09_s00

edit- I've checked the soldering, everything looks clean as far as I can tell, nothing obvious at least..
27th October 2015, 06:37 PM |#20555  
Thanks Meter: 1,020

More
---
27th October 2015, 06:41 PM |#20556  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze Falconburger

Good point about the mic - how can I check this? I'll see if I can find an old mic somewhere

I am using this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o09_s00

edit- I've checked the soldering, everything looks clean as far as I can tell, nothing obvious at least..

That mic is the ultimate one for car use. I'm using that one in two installations. Except for any problem
with that particular mic it's good. Dsa 8130 above has another input you might consider. On the other hand
your connector is grounded in the chassis if I understood you correct. The shield should than be left open in the BT end.
27th October 2015, 06:57 PM |#20557  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark alex

@veget83 I sent a PM to your inbox.
It seems as if you had an Audi A3 like me and I am having serious problems getting CAN-Bus to work correctly.
Probably we could sync our settings so to say. Could you please have a look at my question catalog I sent to you?
I hope I can find a solution by this.
(Anyone else having an A3 8P could contact me, too)

Hi Alex
I have and A3 8P. I am in the process of retrofitting a multifunction steering wheel and will need to figure out how to get the steering wheel controls to work with my unit. What problems are you having?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I ordered my audi a3 unit from keylo on aliexpress and never received the correct fitting brackets so my unit is hanging out I can no longer contact keylo on aliexpress and the other contact Hanker Yu, from the same company (HuiFei), says I bought my unit from a fake company!
Does anyone have a reliable contact where I could get the brackets from? Preferably from UK. I have given up with the original seller

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
27th October 2015, 06:57 PM |#20558  
Thanks Meter: 179

More
I've decided to make a separate thread for my MTC Sound mod here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...sound-t3234660

In that thread, I will publish updates and provide support regarding the mod.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 7floor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 7floor Ad-Free
27th October 2015, 07:07 PM |#20559  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hello, suddenly the screen every time I turn the car beeps sound to light but not turn it on screen, it goes black and nothing works
27th October 2015, 07:20 PM |#20560  
Flag Buckinghamshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa8310

Next to the MIC+ pin (#4) of the BT card there is a recommended SGND pin #5 to use for external mic's ground (do not use use pin #3 though it's SGND marked, too).
Avoid ground loops - use only one ground point (preferably pin #5 of the BT card).

I use a Parrot external mic: http://store.parrot.com/ie/parrot-sy...410020841.html .

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloj

That mic is the ultimate one for car use. I'm using that one in two installations. Except for any problem
with that particular mic it's good. Dsa 8130 above has another input you might consider. On the other hand
your connector is grounded in the chassis if I understood you correct. The shield should than be left open in the BT end.

With C32 removed the internal mic is dead, as is the external built in rear jack - so this confirms it is the correct resistor.
Bt with the new mic directly on the BT card pins 4 & 5 I get nothing - I would expect this to just work as it is direct on the card, continuity is good everywhere I've checked (it feels like a hundred times now). Totally stumped here. The BT card isn't dead as it can still make calls, play audio etc, I just can't get the input to work :s
27th October 2015, 07:42 PM |#20561  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
please help my g5163 not turn radius model, but if you enter the cd asin if you have power, please help
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)