Thanks Meter: 1,020

More
---
27th October 2015, 10:21 PM |#20572  
Thanks Meter: 179

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p_mike83

The problem is when listening to radio/music etc and a navigation announcement is made, we expect that the music/radio volume lowers so that the navigation advice can be heard clearly. This happens when the navi app uses normal voices, but not when using TTS-voice (Text to speech)
The app soundabout allows the navi app to reduce/mute other android sounds when it makes an announcement, but this doesnt work with the mtc apps.
In the settings there is a menu to choose whether to mix or switch to the gps announcement, but that only work with non-TTS-voices.

I see the problem. Funny thing is that my work (http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...sound-t3234660) will mute/lower Radio for navigation app regardless of the stream type. This software tries to mimic what the stock MCU does, but not ideally follows it - I don't consider the stream type. Only problem is that it needs a HW modification, which is not suitable for everybody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_mike83

i tried modifying the radioapp to output the sound using the av channel sys, but then i couldnt listen anything, so i reinstalled the original app.

That's not the way. The radio SHOULD use "fm" channel, not the "sys" because this is exactly what makes the sound switch/processor to switch to the correct hardware input for the radio module.
Can you send me your navigation app's APK file? I guess it's TomTom? I can try to decompile it and see if it is possible to e.g. write an Xposed module to make it work thru the music stream instead of TTS, so that stock MTC's functionality will apply for it.
27th October 2015, 10:35 PM |#20573  
Flag Buckinghamshire
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by halloj

That could cause problems, again I believe its function is to block DC supplied to the internal mic. Can't you just get whatever cap with connecting pins and bridged it.
Go for a 0,01 micro-farad or something similar.

Tried bridging - internal mic still works, so looks like like it's an issue with external mic somehow. I'll try another mic when I can just to guarantee it isn't the mic and go from there. Frustrating!

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa8310

I don't understand either why the external mic does not work with BT/handsfree. Is the central mic wire going to #4 and the shield, is it going to ground (#5)?

Now, since the internal mic has stopped working, you are in the very case described by @dnts originally:
C32 was a bridge, used to power the internal mic from the BT card. Once cut, you need to power the internal mic from the bias voltage supplied by the CODEC chip - as @dnts has done.

Restoring a bridge instead of C32 would power the internal mic as well. But then, there is no separation between the BT external mic and the internal one. However, it will tell you that indeed the internal mic was powered by the BT card (with the bias voltage).

Don't panic, proceed methodically.
Try to feed the bias voltage from the CODEC chip to the internal mic while C32 is still cut. If the internal mic works again, you have solved the Android part (e.g. Skype).

Then focus on the external mic & the BT card. Here I have no advice but to replace the external mic. You may temporarily use the internal mic for this purpose - because it's a valid mic (disconnect it entirely from its current internal role/location).

Good luck.

Thanks for this - I only did the first part of @dnts' post as I am only concerned with BT audio, not Android audio. I don't see the link between the requirement to the Android part just to get BT working. Bridging it allows the internal mic to work again - I'll try another external mic etc when I can get one. For now the unit is back in the car as I am driving a lot the next few days, so I'll revisit this in a week or so (wither another mic!)

Thanks for all your help @dsa8310 and @halloj
27th October 2015, 11:03 PM |#20574  
Thanks Meter: 36

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7floor

I see the problem. Funny thing is that my work (http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...sound-t3234660) will mute/lower Radio for navigation app regardless of the stream type. This software tries to mimic what the stock MCU does, but not ideally follows it - I don't consider the stream type. Only problem is that it needs a HW modification, which is not suitable for everybody.

That's not the way. The radio SHOULD use "fm" channel, not the "sys" because this is exactly what makes the sound switch/processor to switch to the correct hardware input for the radio module.
Can you send me your navigation app's APK file? I guess it's TomTom? I can try to decompile it and see if it is possible to e.g. write an Xposed module to make it work thru the music stream instead of TTS, so that stock MTC's functionality will apply for it.

i thought that the non TTS-Voices are streamed as notifications (stream_notification). an xposed module to fix this would be great! the TTS voice announcement is made through the TTS engine though. you can choose the google one, or download one from the play store. only the soundabout engine allows the android apps to lower their volume respecting the navigation announcement. TT has its own TTS engine on board?
27th October 2015, 11:21 PM |#20575  
Thanks Meter: 1,020

More
---
27th October 2015, 11:35 PM |#20576  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7floor

I had already read about your solution, and I find it very interesting , but I am hesitant to do the HW mod. I would rather wait a little longer until a modified MCU may become available, so it would only be a software mod.
28th October 2015, 12:25 AM |#20577  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsa8310

Next to the MIC+ pin (#4) of the BT card there is a recommended SGND pin #5 to use for external mic's ground (do not use use pin #3 though it's SGND marked, too).
Avoid ground loops - use only one ground point (preferably pin #5 of the BT card).

I use a Parrot external mic: http://store.parrot.com/ie/parrot-sy...410020841.html .

Quote:
Originally Posted by halloj

That mic is the ultimate one for car use. I'm using that one in two installations. Except for any problem
with that particular mic it's good. Dsa 8130 above has another input you might consider. On the other hand
your connector is grounded in the chassis if I understood you correct. The shield should than be left open in the BT end.

Is this mic mod applicable for all units in the family of units in this thread? I have a Klyde that I bought as an Eonon GA5167. I would really like to get a usable mic wired up.
28th October 2015, 12:48 AM |#20578  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanBRZ

Is this mic mod applicable for all units in the family of units in this thread? I have a Klyde that I bought as an Eonon GA5167. I would really like to get a usable mic wired up.

With all this talk about using different mic's and the inbuilt one being rubbish, I am really surprised that the manufacturers haven't sorted this issue out.
We are talking about a known solution for around a year or more now!

Id gladly pay an extra $5 or $10 for proper Mic and Wifi

Cmon chinese, work on this ****
28th October 2015, 04:00 AM |#20579  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaysk

NEW from 27 October, 2015
Only for RK3066 800X480

Most global firmware update from me, perhaps a few months to 800X480.
Changes, updates, deletes, transfers, etc. lots of. I write about everything I will not. Here are just a couple:
+++ Android part of 10 October.
+++ New NEXT launcher - a slightly redesigned our radio me
+++ The new boot logo (the very first - that appears when you download a few seconds)
+++ Added gradient Status Bar (Settings - System)
+++ A new panel ext. programs and recently run (Settings - System)
+++ Added new tab in Preferences - Advanced Settings screen (think there will understand)
+++ Fixed program MTCBlueTooth - incorrectly displays the number of the incoming call
+++ Well, and so on. D.

Firmware I have not done a simple upgrade - erased all the data. Make a backup of your applications (System Settings then do by hand - not to restore from backup !!!)
HERE

@Malaysk,

Thank You for your great work!!! Does this release also have the standard launcher that you can switch to?

Steve
28th October 2015, 04:07 AM |#20580  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWilks

@JEMShoe JY unit 1024X600 Malaysk rom........here's my screen shot but I don't see any "Services". Perhaps an apk adds this to the Accessibility tab and I just don't have an apk that adds it....just guessing on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEMShoe

I have been working on a lockscreen setup solution for our Android HUs; I have it working decently on my Nexus 7. However when I tried it on my JYHU it would not work due to missing 'Services' under Android Accessibility settings.
I sent a post yesterday (24-OCT-2015) requesting ***ANYBODY*** please just "...check under Settings->Accessibility and tell me what sub-sections there are (i.e. SERVICES, SYSTEM)?".
Everyone has Settings on their units; It only takes a few minutes to check and reply (and maybe post a screenshot of your accessability menu).

Help me and I can help everyone else.

FYI, here is a picture of my Settings screen on my 2013 Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.4. Any app I install can, if it needs to and I accept it to, insert an entry under Settings->Accessibility->Services. The Android OS on these HuiFei Android Head Units appear to be ARE giving us a crippled version version of Settings. I have asked Joying to fix this but no response. I am trying to fix it but I am an Android programming newbie. I am appealing to anyone with experience to help me repair this. There are apps that can improve the way this device behaves in the car if it can fully utilize the Settings->Accessibility->Services.

Screenshot of my Nexus 7 Settings Accessibility Services
28th October 2015, 05:00 AM |#20581  
Thanks Meter: 5,320

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by comptechltd

@Malaysk,

Thank You for your great work!!! Does this release also have the standard launcher that you can switch to?

Steve

Yes, now all my new firmware has TWO launcher, factory and Next. Default loaded factory launcher from JY
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)