"There will be no specific updates coming for the HTC One X to improve battery"

Search This thread

Eddzz!!

Jan 6, 2011
"There will be no specific updates coming for the HTC One X to improve battery"

...say HTC. :rolleyes:

It can all be found here at techradar.phones

Well what do you guys think? Are you satisfied by the battery considering the HOX's demanding setup? Mine lasts around ten hours with moderate to heavy use. Which is similar to my last phone, the SGS i9000. I found this quite acceptable.

HTC are a very reputable company, and often listen to their consumers (hence HTCdev). Is this latest move a shy away from that?

Would be great to hear everyones thoughts. :)

audioslim

Oct 7, 2010
Manchester
More than happy with mine. 2 days on battery with average use. 3 hours screen time during that time, with an hour using sat nav.

Slim

snowwhite007

Jan 17, 2011
Scotland
Im happy with mine 8.5 hours mod use data off wen not in use my gs2 lasts 10 galaxy nexus lasts 9 so it aint really that bad plus the screens awesome

Mod Or Die

Htc_One_X

Apr 13, 2012
Deal
I'm still waiting to see what mine will manage, before the update I had 11 hours. Come off charge this morning and this is what's left...

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335010350687.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335010350687.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,173
Reactions: Eddzz!!

chriswroth

Feb 16, 2009
Dordrecht
I'm not having an high end smartphone to constantly be in battery problems.

I consider the battery usage as a real annoying problem with no option to buy extra batteries.

Who buys a smartphone to use as less as possible???

Sent from my HTC One X

KrzakalD

Dec 1, 2011
Mysłowice
Happy here with battery life of One X, battery is even better than it was in SGS2. For me at least. Around ~36h battery time while SGS2 ~30 hours when I was using it.

lawrence750

Jul 18, 2008
Berkshire
Gawwd why do people expect something with the resolution of a tv, and the same amount of cores of a high end pc, to not take much battery? I think its a bloody miracle these smartphones last longer than 5 minutes! As I've said before, you wouldn't expect a supercar to be economical?
Plus, the battery is an improvement to my dhd , so that is another miracle, considering the extra horsepower behind the one x
Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Ruudfood

Aug 1, 2008
Gawwd why do people expect something with the resolution of a tv, and the same amount of cores of a high end pc, to not take much battery? I think its a bloody miracle these smartphones last longer than 5 minutes! As I've said before, you wouldn't expect a supercar to be economical?
Plus, the battery is an improvement to my dhd , so that is another miracle, considering the extra horsepower behind the one x

Where's the like button? I really do wonder what people expect. Get a Motorola if you want the battery to last you for a week.

Reactions: xavier2k3

xavier2k3

Apr 11, 2010
Melbourne
More than happy with the battery life of the handset. Lasts me from when I leave home in the morning till when I get home at night and then some. Beats having to charge my phone during the day like on my DHD.

People need to get used to charging their phone every night, really don't understand people's issues with that. What's the big deal?

farnsbarns

Mar 14, 2009
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Why would they? It's fine.

To all the "glass half empty" whining types. You guys do know these things charge from USBs right. I got a great solution; plug it in when its running low.

Besides, the battery life is staggeringly good if you think about it. Mine lasts 2 days for simple calling and texting here and there and a whole day for quite heavy usage, browsing, YouTube, calls and so on. 18hours total, 4-4.5 hours screen on, 40/50mb data and 1.5 hours of calls yesterday, put it away at 1%, still not dead 2 hours of standby later.

Last edited:

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Mine's OK, not great. I really didn't expect it to be. It'll be interesting to see how the S4 One XL does now that it's shipping. If it's about the same (with LTE off) than it's not a Teg3 issue. If it's dramatically better than we know it's not the display alone causing battery challenges.

Johnny0906

May 30, 2011
I think that no update coming anytime soon is acceptable but no update AT ALL?

Im sorry but f*** that! Why can't they focus abit on the battery, some simple things would be to have less CRAP and bloatware, maybe if they could release 2 versions 1. simplified with the sense camera ONLY and rest ICS and the other with the full sense package that is really no necessary.

The most important thing to remember is that this a a PHONE to make calls and for that it works nicely and the battery lasts if you keep the screen off most of the time, but for a phone like this that was made to do more things I think you need to at the very least have a battery or a software symbiosis that can last for 8,9 hours of screen time.

Its Tegra 3 for f*** sake! With the super-dupe-triple-super-important-kill core2dou like nothing-quad-core-and a dedicated 5 companion core THAT IS SUPPOSE TO DELIVER KILLER BATTERY LIFE.

What is the problem?

I think there is simply too much Sense on the phone, too many uneceassy widgets and other crap that run in the background (oh you can flash cusom rom bla bla, you can freeze services with Titanium backup bla bla, but what if I want to use a stock rom?) bull**** I say, wih such and advanced CPU and memory and so on I do not see why you cannot have better battery life.

My Samsung Galaxy S2 can work for up to 3 days (ok it has a AMOLED ok ok but still, touchwhiz seems to not over run ICS) On stock ICS. Why? Because they have less 'painted over ICS functions that almost makes it run 2 OS's at the same time so maybe its no wonder the battery gets chewed up by all the sense applications.

This just my opinion from observing the phone and all the fanzy sense stuff after a week.

I believe this phone could be better in terms of software (without a doubt).

One thing they have to adress is the camera, why cant the image files be bigger than 2.9 megapixels? This is so stupid considering it has an 8 mpx camera... Also the full HD and 720p records in the latest firmware 1.28xx at approximately 24 fps and it should be 29 or 30. My Asus Prime records at a steady 30 fps at 1080p and 720p and its running Tegra 3 too.

They MUST at some point focus on battery life because if you dont have the juice to run all those fanzy apps and UI then why are they there in the first place?

I LOVE the weather graphics but I could live without it too (If I absolutely HAVE to....) the only thing necessary is the camera sense app because its the only thing that makes the phone unique and very fun and nice (but again whats the point without proper battery life?)

I hope HTC continues to work on making this one of the best first quad-core phone.

Another thing I noticed with SetCpu is that the phone is very high frequencies very frequently, if you install it and use the phone for a day you will see the graph scale, it uses 1.4 abut 40% of the time, but why? I never played games during this period or anything.

Im gonna keep my 1X because I love it and I believe in it and in the HTCdevs if they cant just be more positive perhaps :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmyb5374

Arthur Hucksake

Mar 8, 2010
Nottingham
Why would they? It's fine.

To all the "glass half empty" whining types. You guys do know these things charge from USBs right. I got a great solution; plug it in when its running low.

Besides, the battery life is staggeringly good if you think about it. Mine lasts 2 days for simple calling and texting here and there and a whole day for quite heavy usage, browsing, YouTube, calls and so on. 18hours total, 4-4.5 hours screen on, 40/50mb data and 1.5 hours of calls yesterday, put it away at 1%, still not dead 2 hours of standby later.

4-4.5 hrs screen on isn't typical usage that the majority are getting though. Closer to 3 hrs.

It's easier to be quick to judge others when your own device defies the norm for the better.

If you were struggling to get 2.5 hrs , I doubt you'd be as chirpy about it all.

Reactions: kylec

webjunky

Jun 15, 2009
did the update improve the batterie life and if so , does the HOX still run as fast or did things low down ?

jimmyb5374

Apr 15, 2012
Pretty much echo the below , i have had an sgs2 and have an xperia s and this phone with its companion core is at least 33% worse on battery than both of these, and the processor is supposed to be more efficient . The display excuse won't wash much as the xperia s display is at least as bright/power hungry if not more .

I would love to see the exchange / return rates on this handset due to it not living up to its hype , let alone the fault rates.

And i am not whining, i upgraded to one, i like it , i will keep it and maybe one day learn to root it and replace the rom, but lets not kid ourselves its just not a finished polished product in terms of software !

thats my 2p, thanks for reading

james

I think that no update coming anytime soon is acceptable but no update AT ALL?

Im sorry but f*** that! Why can't they focus abit on the battery, some simple things would be to have less CRAP and bloatware, maybe if they could release 2 versions 1. simplified with the sense camera ONLY and rest ICS and the other with the full sense package that is really no necessary.

The most important thing to remember is that this a a PHONE to make calls and for that it works nicely and the battery lasts if you keep the screen off most of the time, but for a phone like this that was made to do more things I think you need to at the very least have a battery or a software symbiosis that can last for 8,9 hours of screen time.

Its Tegrra 3 for f*** sake! With the super-dupe-triple-super-important-kill core2dou like nothing-quad-core-and a dedicated 5 companion core THAT IS SUPPOSE TO DELIVER KILLER BATTERY LIFE.

What is the problem?

I think there is simply too much Sense on the phone, too many uneceassy widgets and other crap that run in the background (oh you can flash cusom rom bla bla, you can freeze services with Titanium backup bla bla, but what if I want to use a stock rom?) bull**** I say, wih such and advanced CPU and memory and so on I do not see why you cannot have better battery life.

My Samsung Galaxy S2 can work for up to 3 days (ok it has a AMOLED ok ok but still, touchwhiz seems to not over run ICS) On stock ICS. Why? Because they have less 'painted over ICS functions that almost makes it run 2 OS's at the same time so maybe its no wonder the battery gets chewed up by all the sense applications.

This just my opinion from observing the phone and all the fanzy sense stuff after a week.

I believe this phone could be better in terms of software (without a doubt).

They MUST at some point focus on battery life because if you dont have the juice to run all those fanzy apps and UI then why are they there in the first place?

I hope HTC continues to work on making this one of the best and first quad-core phones.

Reactions: Johnny0906

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But then you're slow little 1.3 litre car wont have the performance of a supercar, so you're putting loads of effort in with little return. If a supercar followed your 1.3 litre car at the same speed, it would be under so little stress it would probably match your MPG!

But let's move on from cars... as you know, my point was progression is possible so long as 'good enough' isn't accepted. At the moment it seems to have been. Companies like HTC have huge resources at their disposal, if they took some of it away from the 'massive clockspeed please' department and put it to the battery life department, that'll be super.

The lots of effort with no return is true, you're absolutely right. This is the same as an old Nokia that takes 3 days to load one internet page, that would rinse the battery just as much as this phone loading the same page in 3 seconds. It's the battery at fault, and companies like HTC etc aren't the ones making the batteries so why do we expect them to? It's only a matter of time before the new type batteries come out, and then HTC won't have to change anything for these phones to last 2 weeks again.
    Lets just hope the battery labs get moving and have this released damn soon :)

Yeah but my flip phone with 2 inch display used to last three days. It didn't have all these apps and stuff running in the background. I hate how all these phones have all this functionality, it really sucks when doing computer type tasks it uses the battery. My old phone would take a really long time to connect and browse the Web which was really nice because I wouldn't want to use it and I would just use my computer and therefore use less battery. I can't wait until this fad is over so we can go back to when phones did a **** load less and we could save battery.

killing is my business, And business is good.
    Like some other members have said, what the hell do you expect when your buying one of, if not the fastest phone currently available on the market??? What i REALLY don't understand though is that under what i consider "normal usage" the One X lasts longer than my old DHD, in fact i don't think i've had a smartphone that lasts as long as the X does.
    I took mine off charge at 7:30 am on Thursday morning and with a mixture of Wi-Fi, 3G, texts, emails, calls, and an hour of gaming, it managed to get to about 11pm on the Friday night before the battery was drained to 5%, this is definitely more than i expected. I don't know what some peoples days are like but mine consists of 12 hours at work (max) and then home to where i'm surrounded by USB and power sockets so even if the battery only lasts 12 hours, it doesn't cause a problem. If i'm away travelling for a day or 2 i've usually got a bag of some sort so i simply carry a £25 rechargeable battery pack that is hardly any bigger than the phone, but can charge it 3 times.

I cant help but think these complaints about battery are simply from people that cant help but pick faults with everything, if you want a week from your phones battery than can i advise you get one of these ..

http://www.play.com/Mobiles/Mobile/...e-Pay-Pay-As-You-Go-Mobile-Phone/Product.html

I have one as a backup that lives in my laptop bag, it actually lasts about 2 weeks on standby so maybe its a good option for some of you :D
    yeah i get your point, mine being 1000 charge cycles from NEW , eg no degradation through months of storage etc , and 1000 cycles from new , i have had the phone 10 days and must have honestly done about 25 partially empty to full charge cycles already .... so by that logic in 400 days out of 720 i will have done the 1000 cycles at least , and i have only just loaded videos on it now to watch on the train etc , so i am guessing around 2 charge cycles a day minimum if it draws as much juice as it does on video, with a 1 hour train either way watching an hour of video i will be down to around 30 % each trip .

All my point is really is that no one has looked from a longevity aspect yet , just how many charges they have to do each day etc.

james

I'm amazed people have this much time to play with their phone. Do you have a 3 hour commute or something?