“Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" after flashing custom rom

Search This thread

aboalghool

May 19, 2012
hey i have a note 2 running stock firmware v4.1.1 ... i tried to update the phone to 4.1.2 by the phone and not kies and when the download of the upgrade finishes , the phone says upgrade fails and keeps me on 4.1.1 ...............

so i went into a different direction to root my phone and then flash a custom rom.... i rooted it successfully and flashed MJ5 bootloader also and was ready to install the custom rom running 4.3... i went into recovery and was flashing the rom .... when i choose the flashing method and finished everything and did reboot ... the phone got me a message says that “Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" and i need kies recovery

Please help me out with this and give me the correct way to fix this.

NB: My phone is international Note II [N7100]

Mufrad

hey i have a note 2 running stock firmware v4.1.1 ... i tried to update the phone to 4.1.2 by the phone and not kies and when the download of the upgrade finishes , the phone says upgrade fails and keeps me on 4.1.1 ...............

so i went into a different direction to root my phone and then flash a custom rom.... i rooted it successfully and flashed MJ5 bootloader also and was ready to install the custom rom running 4.3... i went into recovery and was flashing the rom .... when i choose the flashing method and finished everything and did reboot ... the phone got me a message says that “Firmware upgrade encountered an issue" and i need kies recovery

Please help me out with this and give me the correct way to fix this.

NB: My phone is international Note II [N7100]

Install latest philz cwm or twrp recovery, go into recovery and wipe data/factory reset or choose option to clean for new rom Install, after that flash custom rom.