[BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Search This thread

zooster

Oct 14, 2007
20110718_223029 is the latest kernel tho... are you saying emwe is lying? :p.

emwe - perhaps you should be like us heathens and try to run the pre-compiled binaries? I know, blasphemy...

I don't know emwe, but I did try both kernels and with 20110718_223029 topaz can boot... with 20110716_005117 it doesn't :)

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I don't know emwe, but I did try both kernels and with 20110718_223029 topaz can boot... with 20110716_005117 it doesn't :)

Ok, I thought you meant the other way around. That 20110718 kernel won't boot and 20110716 will - it seems I got mixed up in the signals.

Oh, and sorry about the confusion - I didn't notice he uses a different handle here!

mweirauch = emwe ;)

elmanortega

Aug 31, 2009
perez zeledon
arrrghh this is not working for me

i install titanum nrgz rom for a nice little rom

install all files in the root of sd card
click on haret nothing happens
airplane on

tis is what i get
haret version pre blabla bla bla sorry too much

launch a script file. default path.....default.txt run

start waiting for connection on port 9999 .......listen for network connection

found machine topaz

what can i do?

Last edited:

bigheadlyf

Jun 4, 2009
Caveats:

• BT - works! But audio doesn't route. See this thread if you're feeling adventurous and want to play with/don't mind using some unstable/incomplete code...
  • Kernel bundled doesn't work! Grab the latest from the autobuild service. I've heard 1342 works well..
  • After booting, TOPA seems to have a crippling issue where if the first call is inbound, the phone reboots. So I guess after booting make an outbound call and everything is fine? Someone please confirm...

That audio routing thread is in the RHOD section, and I've only tested it on a RHOD - but AFAIK it should work on other devices. Let me know.

It's great that we got a Topa thread! Thanks arrrghhh!

Just copy my post to here from RHOD section...

Again, this FRX07 build is really awesome! Every thing work perfectly, battery is good-almost 20 hours. Only few minor issues i could found for now:

1. Battery meter is crazy - always jump back to 100% from 9x%, it make me so happy... ;)
2. The Exchange account randomly lost.
3. Need to make a 1st call after startup, else it will reboot when get a in-coming call (Topaz)
4. Get a error on installing the Toggle 2G app.

Thanks everyone for this amazing work!

I am playing with the "old" kernel - 1332(htc-msm-linux @ 20110622_180615) and the bundled rootf, all functionality work well, i would like to have a try with the newest kernel and rootf :D

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
1. Battery meter is crazy - always jump back to 100% from 9x%, it make me so happy...
2. The Exchange account randomly lost.
3. Need to make a 1st call after startup, else it will reboot when get a in-coming call (Topaz)
4. Get a error on installing the Toggle 2G app.

I am playing with the "old" kernel - 1332(htc-msm-linux @ 20110622_180615) and the bundled rootf, all functionality work well, i would like to have a try with the newest kernel and rootf :D

1. Battery meter is crazy, yes. It doesn't account for peripherials - as in wifi, data, BT, etc - so it bounces around and has to 'normalize'. There was some work to calibrate batteries, but unfortunately it was never accepted mainline... Not sure what's going to come of it, AFAIK he only got it working on RHOD :(.

2. Explain.

3. Yea, I've heard of that issue... I've already added it to the caveat list in fact ;).

4. No clue, need more explanation.

What's holding you back from the newest stuff? Give it a shot, it should work fine.

bigheadlyf

Jun 4, 2009
1. Battery meter is crazy, yes. It doesn't account for peripherials - as in wifi, data, BT, etc - so it bounces around and has to 'normalize'. There was some work to calibrate batteries, but unfortunately it was never accepted mainline... Not sure what's going to come of it, AFAIK he only got it working on RHOD :(.

2. Explain.

3. Yea, I've heard of that issue... I've already added it to the caveat list in fact ;).

4. No clue, need more explanation.

What's holding you back from the newest stuff? Give it a shot, it should work fine.

Tasted the new kernel and rootf, work well and I feel my Topaz runs much smooth ;)

For #2, The Microsoft Exchange account lost twice after reboot, both mails and calender were missing in my Topaz, i need to set it up again in Setting->Accounts&Sync, it seem like a Android issue, but not the build?

Since there is no any 3G network in my hometown, I would like to make the phone work only under 2G network, I suppose it might save few battery with Toggle 2G:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=739530

It works well in FRX06, however, I got a message "Application not installed" when i want to install it in FRX07...

Found some text in that application thread:
I CAN ONLY GUARANTEE IT WILL WORK WITH CyanogenMod 6 and 7
This is because it is signed using the CyanogenMod platform.x509.pem so not sure what other ROMs it will work with. ROMs based on CyanogenMod might also work along with the CyanogenMod 5 ROMs. Best thing to do is try it and see.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
For #2, The Microsoft Exchange account lost twice after reboot, both mails and calender were missing in my Topaz, i need to set it up again in Setting->Accounts&Sync, it seem like a Android issue, but not the build?

Sounds like an Android issue... I sync with Google and it's never just disappeared...

Since there is no any 3G network in my hometown, I would like to make the phone work only under 2G network, I suppose it might save few battery with Toggle 2G:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=739530

It works well in FRX06, however, I got a message "Application not installed" when i want to install it in FRX07...

Found some text in that application thread:

Why don't you just use the built-in settings for 2g...?

Also, have you tried installing the app with the new rootfs?

bigheadlyf

Jun 4, 2009
Sounds like an Android issue... I sync with Google and it's never just disappeared...

Why don't you just use the built-in settings for 2g...?

Also, have you tried installing the app with the new rootfs?

Yes, i could use the built-in setting to toggle 2G only, however, it's temporary, the setting will back to default/auto after reboot.

Got the same message with the new rootf (7.21) :(

Anyway, thanks so much for looking into these "issues" ;)

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
i dont see STARTUP.TXT, where you suppose to go into startups folder, find topaz and copy the txt file to your android root.

This ^^.

As I said before, either your startup.txt is not present or empty. Seems "not present" is the answer.

Re-read the first post. It's pretty clear that you need to grab a startup.txt file from the STARTUPS folder.

MusikMonk

Aug 6, 2008
Paris
Good work putting everything together. Let's hope that this thread won't get flooded with the same questions over and over again like the old one.

Anyway, I've just gave the pack a test (with latest kernel), I still haven't played with everything just yet but so far so good. Except for this:
Also let me know if ts-calibration file is good or not ;).
The ts-calibration file provided is mirrored (left is right, right is left, top and bottom are correct).

The one here seems to be good (not 100% precise but good enough for usability).

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Good work putting everything together. Let's hope that this thread won't get flooded with the same questions over and over again like the old one.

Anyway, I've just gave the pack a test (with latest kernel), I still haven't played with everything just yet but so far so good. Except for this:

The ts-calibration file provided is mirrored (left is right, right is left, top and bottom are correct).

The one here seems to be good (not 100% precise but good enough for usability).

Ah, thanks! I'll put this file instead...

uberto.costanzo

Sep 25, 2008
Venice Italy
hi to all,
my FRX07 work good, all work, only 1 not work is picotts.apk for vocal control for call, and any solution for save battery with gps and bluetooth 7 houre.
Thanks all reply me.
sorry for my english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Figured you TOPA folk needed your own thread... At least to track TOPA-specific issues!

FRX07.1 is here!!

This is a maintenance release - basically taking the newest components to make a completely up-to-date (as of Sept. 1).

Quite a lot has changed since FRX06 - the install process hasn't really, but be sure to read the changelog in the next post and the caveats in post #3!

<<<This is a link to the... FAQ Click it!!>>>​

I have created a complete bundle of FroYo with a stable kernel from GIT (August 19 / 1348), and rootfs from GIT (Sept. 2).

Please, feel free to DONATE to the XDAndroid project!

Every little bit helps!

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated September 1 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) (Updated July 15 2011) file by itself... Don't download this if you're not sure! Grab the full bundle!

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, FRX07.1, copy its contents to the root of your SD card. If you want to run Android from a folder instead of all the files on the root of the card, follow the steps below.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device (if you don't know what device you have, you should read the FAQ), and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Screen calibration - you have three choices:
    • Re-use an old ts-calibration file if you have it and you know it's good.
    • Download the ts-calibration.zip file and extract it to where you put the rest of the files (root of SD or in a folder - make sure it all stays together!)
    • Manually calibrate - boot with no ts-calibration file and watch the boot process - you'll be asked to hit 5 points to calibrate the screen. If you have issues calibrating, try an older kernel (1225 works well) Once you have the calibration file hold on to it (make 15 copies if it's a good one :p), reboot & go back to the newest kernel!

6. Run haret.exe.. Profit! :D

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - if you let it sit for about 10 mins so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. it will be much more pleasurable experience. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot ;).

Troubleshooting:
    Please read the... FAQ
    If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
    There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

See Incremental Updates for more information on updating the kernel and other components.

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data (all user data is stored in the data.img!!), Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Even though this build is considered fairly stable, you are more than likely going to run into issues. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.
    Hey guys, updated to FRX07.1 maintenance release. Some outlying bugs fixed, and the build is completely up-to-date. See the changelog for details!
    stinebd's Changelog:

stinebd said:
    Here’s a new release for you, folks. This is a major release with a ton of changes, new features, and fixes. Our friend hyc/highlandsun did most of the heavy lifting for this release. Highlights include a rewritten RIL with support for world phones and greatly improved CDMA support; fixes for the media codecs; fixes for MMS on Sprint; increased security with the Superuser app.

A list of changes is included below. The FRX07 system image is available for download now, and will require the use of a new rootfs image, also available now. Additionally, we have a new bundle containing everything needed to enjoy a full FRX07 system.

Note: Due to the incredibly long list of changes, this is a somewhat condensed, terse changelog describing only the overall scope of the changes.

FRX07:
    • frameworks/base:
      • Major frameworks changes for CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
      • Fixes for data connection handling to improve startup time. (hyc)
      • Fixes for wifi handling to avoid issues on hanged drivers. (hyc)
      • Stagefreight (media codecs) fixes. (hyc/viruscrazy)
      • Fixes for Sprint’s wonky MMS markup structure. (hyc)
      • Fix MediaScanner not finding audio files (including ringtones) in system.ext2
    • hardware/libhardware_legacy:
      • Minor GPS driver fixes. (Alex[sp3dev])
      • Rename wifi interfaces to wlan0 on all devices (hyc)
    • hardware/xdandroid-ril: Major RIL refactoring for improved performance on all devices, and added CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
    • packages/apps/Gallery3D: Switched back to Gallery3D as the gallery app (closes bug #111)
    • packages/apps/Mms: Fixes for Sprint’s wonky MMS markup structure. (hyc)
    • packages/apps/Phone: Fixes for CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
    • packages/apps/Superuser: Added the Superuser package for authorizing su privileges. This, along with our signed builds, provides greatly increased security for the end user (mostly against malicious apps from the Market).
    • system/extras/su: Added as a dependency for the Superuser package
    • vendor/qcom/android-open: Include missing stagefright codec symbols. (hyc/viruscrazy)

To coincide with the FRX07 system image, the following rootfs changes have been made:
    • init.froyo.rc modifications...
      • Adjust wpa_supplicant service for the new abstraction provided by libhardware_legacy, as well as interface rename
      • Abstract the hciattach service to provide bluetooth support on both chipsets
    • Rename wifi interface to wlan0 on all devices
    • apns-conf.xml updated
    • keymaps completely reorganized, and RHOD end-call key has been remapped to be the Home key in Android.
    • default.prop: set ro.secure=1 to lock down the adb shell - su can be used with the Superuser app to authorize root access in adb if needed.
    But's it's really slow and I can say it's the slowest kernel I ever used. I'd love to see a nice .35 kernel for our devices. Since I don't have the necessary knowledge of developing open source (yet!), I can only wait to use other dev's work :(

I am no expert but the cutting edge development right now in terms of kernels for our devices is in fact happening in the .35 trees for topaz and kovsky. In fact, the LED changes to .27 are only a backport of ideas emwe and Alex had already in place in their .35 trees. Count yourself fortunate that the main .35 effort seems to include topaz right now (more so than say rhodium).

Alas, as with most advancements, it's not a smooth progression and I think the newer kernels are seeing some of this. While .35 and .39 both seem to improve the way our devices behave in certain aspects, they seem to break other things on our phones.

Finally, while wince "developers" porting android seems like a mythical group of people, they are in fact only human, and only a few of them at that. They all take vacations, have jobs in real life, and most of all, have the freedom to pick the projects that interest them. It is the nature of things, and I think it's best to come to terms with the situation right now: many people that have the know-how to develop for our phones have moved on to other devices, and more will with each passing week. I would temper my expectations and not even hope for a stable release of a post .27 kernel that would work across all legacy devices that the current kernel supports.

The moral of the story is, if you want something done, it's best you start staring at the git trees and trying to learn low level C.
    Whew, here you go TOPA folk!

I figured you guys needed a thread for this, if only to track issues that are TOPA-specific. Let me know what I need to add in the caveat section for TOPA! Also let me know if ts-calibration file is good or not ;).

Also, if you guys already have FRX07 running/working... there's nothing new here. Mainly using this thread as a place for newbie's to go and you experienced folk to help me track issues again for new users!