Search This thread

bruce2728

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 5, 2009
Walton-on-the-Naze
banner.jpg

Standard Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Bugs

MHL
Bluetooth works with most devices
Chrome browser is a bit glitchy (stock is ok)

Any others? Let me know, with a logcat please.

Features

This ROM is a team effort with myself maintaining the pyramid device tree, tamcore maintaining the OS/CM base and hosting for updateme and bluewall supplying the graphical elements, thanks guys :D

Pdroid privacy control
USB-OTG
OTA Updates (thanks to tamcore)
Removed CMUpdater and Terminal Emulator
Custom Wallpaper and boot animation by Bluewall
With all the speed and fuctionality of my CM10 kang
Built with Android 4.2.1 toolchain

Installation

I recomend to use 4EXT Recovery
A 'format all partitions except sd card' is recomended on first install, although if you are coming from my CM10 ROM and you know what you're doing, you can flash over the top of that with a couple of minor and easy to solve issues.
3.32 or 3.33 Firmware (I use 3.33 with 11.76 radio)
If you device is S-ON you must enable 4EXT’s SmartFlash)
Install ROM
Install GApps
Reboot

If you want 4.2 apps just flash the transform pack in the themes section, and don't forget to thank the guy that posted it :)
I removed them as not everyone wants them and they are freely available to flash separately.

Credits

Thanks to all the people that have made this possible.

Vorbeth, intervigilium, Bluewall, cretin45, tamcore, blahbl4hblah

If I forgot you let me know

Screenshot.jpg

Last edited:

bruce2728

Mar 5, 2009
Walton-on-the-Naze
Changelog

10 December
Some audio fixes, speaker volume + headset
Updated kernel to 3.0.55
Removed 4.2 apps(see first post)
Upstream changes from here

23 November
Kernel updated to 3.0.52
Upstream changes from OS and CM
Fixed fc on photosphere
Added adreno firmware ripped from Nexus 4
Enabled OTA updates thanks to tamcore.

03 December
Built with Android 4.2.1r1 toolchain
fixed gtalk voice issue
Modified display and overlay code, let me know how it is please

Last edited:

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
if you are coming from my CM10 ROM and you know what you're doing, you can flash over the top of that with a couple of minor and easy to solve issues.

Are there more details on what these minor issues are?

I'm all for fixing stuff, but I'm really bad at figuring out what's broken. :D

Mesum

Jun 25, 2008
Quick noob question. When I flash 4.1.2 gapps, wouldn't they override the features of 4.2 apps?

bruce2728

Mar 5, 2009
Walton-on-the-Naze
if you are coming from my CM10 ROM and you know what you're doing, you can flash over the top of that with a couple of minor and easy to solve issues.

Are there more details on what these minor issues are?

I'm all for fixing stuff, but I'm really bad at figuring out what's broken. :D

Just need to clear data on a couple system apps like clock and gallery and anything else that fc's

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
Just need to clear data on a couple system apps like clock and gallery and anything else that fc's

Oh...well that's easy!

Is there any reason why I'd want to do a full wipe when switching between them? (Other than the normal reasons why I'd want to like glitches due to bad installs or something)

I didn't realize that you were putting the pdroid mod into this. That is the single biggest reason I'm switching tonight. That is pretty exciting stuff! That the CM caved to pressure from google to leave similar features out of the basic framework was weak on their part. Thank you for putting it back in!

Thank you for all your work for the Sensation. That really can't be said enough!

Reactions: Sunny88

rentbox

Feb 1, 2012
Allen
Shouldn't do, not tried 4.2 gapps myself though

I can confirm this works and that this rom runs excellent. I haven't played with this enough to know if it's a daily keeper, but it's a bit more stable than the OS2 previews you had tucked away last week. :D

Thanks for keeping the sensation a viable option in the agree of hyper phones Bruce! :cool:

Sent from my mobile

Reactions: Dragonstones

slacker1979

Jul 1, 2012
Fayetteville
Finally :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

11/16 preview build I'm getting a slight bug where when I turn my WiFi off it takes a while for data to pick up. Nothing major like the data bug but it takes as much as 3 mins to start working. When it does come on I get amazing signal though. I'll try to replicate it while I have alogcat running and see what I get but in the meanwhile maybe someone else can verify.

Edit:just noticed 11/19 up so no sense in reporting that bug until I flash the latest and check it out.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    banner.jpg

Standard Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
    YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Bugs

MHL
    Bluetooth works with most devices
    Chrome browser is a bit glitchy (stock is ok)

Any others? Let me know, with a logcat please.

Features

This ROM is a team effort with myself maintaining the pyramid device tree, tamcore maintaining the OS/CM base and hosting for updateme and bluewall supplying the graphical elements, thanks guys :D

Pdroid privacy control
    USB-OTG
    OTA Updates (thanks to tamcore)
    Removed CMUpdater and Terminal Emulator
    Custom Wallpaper and boot animation by Bluewall
    With all the speed and fuctionality of my CM10 kang
    Built with Android 4.2.1 toolchain

Installation

I recomend to use 4EXT Recovery
    A 'format all partitions except sd card' is recomended on first install, although if you are coming from my CM10 ROM and you know what you're doing, you can flash over the top of that with a couple of minor and easy to solve issues.
    3.32 or 3.33 Firmware (I use 3.33 with 11.76 radio)
    If you device is S-ON you must enable 4EXT’s SmartFlash)
    Install ROM
    Install GApps
    Reboot

If you want 4.2 apps just flash the transform pack in the themes section, and don't forget to thank the guy that posted it :)
    I removed them as not everyone wants them and they are freely available to flash separately.

Credits

Thanks to all the people that have made this possible.

Vorbeth, intervigilium, Bluewall, cretin45, tamcore, blahbl4hblah

If I forgot you let me know

Screenshot.jpg

Changelog

10 December
    Some audio fixes, speaker volume + headset
    Updated kernel to 3.0.55
    Removed 4.2 apps(see first post)
    Upstream changes from here

23 November
    Kernel updated to 3.0.52
    Fixed fc on photosphere
    Added adreno firmware ripped from Nexus 4
    Enabled OTA updates thanks to tamcore.

03 December
    Built with Android 4.2.1r1 toolchain
    fixed gtalk voice issue
    Modified display and overlay code, let me know how it is please
    ROM Updated

Sorry I've not been about, if you follow me on twitter you will know that I've been busy building 4.2 for the sensation.
    I got it as far as getting logcat output but it told me that it cant load the display HALs. Once they are fixed it should boot but I'm busy over the weekend so will get back on it next week.
    Thanks man

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

So this is kind of a fake 4.2. When is the real and full 4.2 coming? With the new lock screen widgets, new notification bar etc.

Just gotta fix audio and cam, Bluetooth just needs configuring, then 4.2.1 will be up.

I forgot to change the file name in updateme, I'll fix it tonight.

I'm going to build my own add on pack using 4.2 apps built from source. I'll post it in op when it's done