[Q] Tips on charging my new z1

Search This thread

shizurushu

Apr 30, 2014
Hi guys. What are your ways, tips and suggestions for charging your z1?. Do you drain it completely and charge it fully afterwards? Or your the type of guy who partially charge and discharge often? And whats the best way to do the charging?. Thanks!

shizurushu

Apr 30, 2014

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-08-22-25-49.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-08-22-25-49.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_2014-05-08-22-26-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-08-22-26-01.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 110

Aegethir

Jul 27, 2013
yes also unplug it after full to prevent battery from damaging

I think the battery has overcharging protection, so it won't overcharge and damage it, so leaving it on charger during night, even if the battery reaches full level, is not going to cause harm.

Also, using the phone while it's charging, won't damage the battery.

Useful battery info HERE.

Reactions: shizurushu

tomascus

Recognized Developer
Jun 5, 2012
Melbourne
Best way to charge:

Quoting from http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries:

Code:
A portable device should be turned off while charging. This allows the battery to reach the threshold voltage unhindered and reflects the correct saturation current responsible to terminate the charge. A parasitic load confuses the charger.

Charge at a moderate temperature. Do not charge below freezing.

Lithium-ion does not need to be fully charged; a partial charge is better.

Chargers use different methods for “ready” indication. 
The light signal may not always indicate a full charge.

Discontinue using charger and/or battery if the battery gets excessively warm.

Before prolonged storage, apply some charge to bring the pack to about half charge.

Over-discharged batteries can be “boosted” to life again. 
Discard pack if the voltage does not rise to a normal level within a minute while on boost.

also see: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Reactions: sruba209

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys. What are your ways, tips and suggestions for charging your z1?. Do you drain it completely and charge it fully afterwards? Or your the type of guy who partially charge and discharge often? And whats the best way to do the charging?. Thanks!

to keep the battery life longer,better charge it after reaches 20% of battery
    Okay thanks for the info!. My battery is not good. Its only 3day old and it drains very quickly. I never imagine how it drain so fast because its a 3000mah battery.

Normally it drain fast if you are playing games or browsing internet

due to it's 1080p screen,battery will be drained more fast.
    ur battery is ok....i charge my phone overnight..its nt a prob...

Sent from my C6902
    yes also unplug it after full to prevent battery from damaging

I think the battery has overcharging protection, so it won't overcharge and damage it, so leaving it on charger during night, even if the battery reaches full level, is not going to cause harm.

Also, using the phone while it's charging, won't damage the battery.

Useful battery info HERE.
    Best way to charge:

Quoting from http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries:

Code:
    A portable device should be turned off while charging. This allows the battery to reach the threshold voltage unhindered and reflects the correct saturation current responsible to terminate the charge. A parasitic load confuses the charger.

Charge at a moderate temperature. Do not charge below freezing.

Lithium-ion does not need to be fully charged; a partial charge is better.

Chargers use different methods for “ready” indication. 
    The light signal may not always indicate a full charge.

Discontinue using charger and/or battery if the battery gets excessively warm.

Before prolonged storage, apply some charge to bring the pack to about half charge.

Over-discharged batteries can be “boosted” to life again. 
    Discard pack if the voltage does not rise to a normal level within a minute while on boost.

also see: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries