[ROM] PURE Windows Mobile 6.5 upgrade for the SE XPERIA X1 [26 NOV 09 | SEX1 R5.07]

Search This thread

promonr1

Nov 9, 2008
Eindhoven
Is there a mirror for this download, megaupload tells me that the file is temporarily unavailable.
Really excited about your new ROM!

Cheers

Edit: Worked, downloading now!

Last edited:

promonr1

Nov 9, 2008
Eindhoven
I just flash your ROM but there are no X2 panels? I thought you had included X2 panels in your previous release, why not in this release?

Last edited:

raundown

Jun 1, 2009
I cant read text messages and email with this rom, i can go into the inbox, but it stuck when i want to read a particular mail or SMS.

Also the shortcut to pictures on homescreen isnt working. some jpgs cannot be open directly and i got a message saying

"There is no application associated with '(pictures name)'. Rum the application first then open this file from within the application"

Other pictures that work were opened with internet explorer, weirdddd

P/s I have soft-reset after the installation before anyone asked

sve1313

Dec 8, 2008
Veliko Tarnovo
Hi gtrab,
While I waited your new ROM a couple of months, I tested some other ROMs and I will say yours ROM's is most fast and stable than any other
Thanks

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
I just flash your ROM but there are no X2 panels? I thought you had included X2 panels in your previous release, why not in this release?

:confused:
Check some posts back: Front post was updated last night and thread title was edited updated, and a fixed ROM was released: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=588882

1- as stated, this is a PURE ROM
2- as stated, first test build R5.05 bugs are fixed in R5.07

I cant read text messages and email with this rom, i can go into the inbox, but it stuck when i want to read a particular mail or SMS.

Also the shortcut to pictures on homescreen isnt working. some jpgs cannot be open directly and i got a message saying

"There is no application associated with '(pictures name)'. Rum the application first then open this file from within the application"

Other pictures that work were opened with internet explorer, weirdddd

P/s I have soft-reset after the installation before anyone asked

Yes this was all reported and discussed in previous posts, please read front post here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=588882 and download NEW VERSION R5.07 released last night

What has in SEX1-R5.07_Pure rom?:confused:

Read the front post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=588882

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America

a1234567

Sep 15, 2007
voicecommand

thanks for the mirror, and please keep testing
I am using it too, so far no bugs

I really want an as-close-as-possible PERFECT Windows Mobile 6.5.0 base to start porting X2 stuff

Sure.
Please correct registry for working voicecommand:
1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\VoiceCommand:path=\Windows\VoiceCmd.exe
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\VoiceCommand:VoiceCmdEnable=1
and for working bluetooth key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway:BTAGExtModule=\windows\vcbthag.dll

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
Sure.
Please correct registry for working voicecommand:
1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\VoiceCommand:path=\Windows\VoiceCmd.exe
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\VoiceCommand:VoiceCmdEnable=1
and for working bluetooth key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway:BTAGExtModule=\windows\vcbthag.dll

thanks again
REG added into a CAB installer
ENABLE VOICE COMMAND ON ROM SEX1 R5.07
Please test !!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also Having the same issue trying to update... it jus hooks @ 0% n shows an error then takes me to recovery mode, done this several times but no luck... Any one wit a bright idea pls?
    This ROM paves the way for SEX1toX2 :rolleyes:

Windows Mobile 6.5.0 PURE upgrade
    for the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1

[SEX1 Release 5 R5.07]
    (unnofficial, of course, but as close as possible :D)​

STATUS: "Pure" WM6.5 ROM upgrade UP and OK - no bugs | For a Godspeed "Barebone" version of this ROM go here

DESCRIPTION
    • Current Version SEX1-R5.07 Pure Upgrade release date: 26 NOV 09
      (Previous version SEX1-R5.04 Pure, released 24 NOV 09 had bugs due to incomplete system files)
    • This is a PURE Windows Mobile 6.5 OS/firmware ROM upgrade for the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1, which means no Manila shizz, no wierd customizations, no nothing: just the OS upgrade and the pure XPERIA feeling :)

WHAT'S INSIDE
    • Operating System upgraded from Windows Mobile 6.1 to 6.5
    • Preserved all XPERIA X1 native contents, apps & customizations
    • Updated software for XPERIA Camera with autoflash/geotag & MS .NET 3.5 Compact Frameworks
    • Removed obsolete or non-WM6.5-compatible stuff as Google search, Google Panel, trial games, demo videos & a couple of big wav files
    • Some pre-installed goodies: SEX1 "TF3D apps compatibility" drivers pack, XPERIA X2 Flash deployment, tnyynt's SD tuneUp, MS SDK certificates, Security unlock for registry editing & CAB installs
    • Eye candy: A custom XPERIA X2-based theme

2mmgs1v.jpg

jt9jj8.jpg

- WM 6.5 for the XPERIA X1 (unnofficial of course, but as close as possible) -

t6yqub.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTES
    • Scroll down to next post to find bug fixes, should bugs arise
    • As always, feel free to modify/edit/recook/copy/share/burn/whatever all of my works ;)
    • Many customization packs and enhancements will soon be available for download @ next post
    • If you need support, remember I am not a clairvoyant :D so please give as much info as possible
    • Don't be shy to post (but SEARCH and READ before posting !!), just be respectful, don't flame, share and have fun
    • Finally, if you like my works, just come back and say "thanks". It is much appreciated

DOWNLOADS

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
    wow... so many people has contributed to this ROM I don't know where to start !!
    • Bengalboy for the XPERIA inspiration and imagining the "SEX1" acronym
    • olipro / cmonex for opening the doors, bepe / ervius / bot / MrVanx for the tools and apps
    • Da_G, joojoobee, but especially jerpelea, who struggles to keep up the "SHARE" spirit alive on this forum
    • All of my friends and fans in the forum, who pushed me to release a new, updated version
    • Anybody else to whom I owe a piece of this work (tnyynt, ethermind, ultrashot, ganondolf... so many !!)

FOR SUPPORT / MANY APPS & ADD ONS --> go to post 2

FOR KITCHEN download / INFO for cookers / TUTORIALS --> go to post 3

:cool:
    Guys I recently bought Xperia X1, but it stays in the sony logo, does not boot, I need the rom for installation. All downloads no longer work. Please.
    I will check if I have the ROM later today
    I was digging through some old hard drives and came across some old stuff related to my Xperia X1 days. A copy of the Pure SEX1 6.5 ROM was in there. I've uploaded it to Google Drive for anyone who still needs it.

I flashed it to my old X1 and it works perfectly.