[01.FEB.11][CWM][LEO1024][TMOUS] CMYLXGO's Topia HD(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

maff1989

Sep 20, 2010
Bolingbrook
I task29'd, and erased ad nand in magldr before flashing this Rom. Even formatted SD.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

So your whole issue is not having a 3G/HSDPA connection when loading a web page? Follow these steps as it worked for me:

1. Boot into Android
2. Once everything loads, open the Phone Dialer and type this: *#*#4636#*#*
3. tap "Phone Information" when the window loads
4. Scroll down and change "WCDMA Preferred" to "GSM/CDMA Auto (PRL)"
5. Then tap "turn off radio"
6. Wait until radio is off, then reboot phone.

I did these steps and I managed to load www.xda-developers.com completely in roughly 8 seconds. Hope this helps you out.

EDIT: I'm using the 2.08.xx radio btw.

Last edited:

crisisinthecity

Nov 8, 2009
Cincinnati
www.ripplejunction.com
So your whole issue is not having a 3G/HSDPA connection when loading a web page? Follow these steps as it worked for me:

1. Boot into Android
2. Once everything loads, open the Phone Dialer and type this: *#*#4636#*#*
3. tap "Phone Information" when the window loads
4. Scroll down and change "WCDMA Preferred" to "GSM/CDMA Auto (PRL)"
5. Then tap "turn off radio"
6. Wait until radio is off, then reboot phone.

I did these steps and I managed to load www.xda-developers.com completely in roughly 8 seconds. Hope this helps you out.

I did this just to see what it actually does. Pretty cool!

parkerpeach

Feb 28, 2010
Maryland
Android Developer Kit Installed Required

To Enable PPP:
1. Plug phone into computer via usb
2. Open cmd prompt
3. type --> adb shell
4. type --> touch /system/ppp
5. type --> exit
6. reboot

To Enable RMNET:
1. Plug phone into computer via usb
2. Open cmd prompt
3. type --> adb shell
4. type --> rm /system/ppp
5. type --> exit
6. reboot

For plugging the phone into computer via usb - does this mean via HTC Sync or Disk Drive Mount

maff1989

Sep 20, 2010
Bolingbrook
For plugging the phone into computer via usb - does this mean via HTC Sync or Disk Drive Mount

I don't think it matters.. as long as your phone is recognized as an Android Phone on your computer ;) I would try it with "Charge Only" first, and if that doesn't work then HTC Sync; I don't think Disk Drive Mount would have any positive effect for ya.

Vladikox

Jan 4, 2008
Hi cmylxgo,

First, thank you for your great & beautiful build.

I wanna say that I really really love the theme package you used in Topia series based on Desire Sense with some effects like flying popup or sliding windows (not only fading). I've just noticed that in HD series you didn't add those effects. I wonder if there is any way I could add them for my own using, or whether they would appear in your next builds.

Thanks in advance.

P/S: I'm not a developer nor programmer.

ihateu

Dec 15, 2008
voice

so i just now got this nand and i tried to "speak " a txt msg by tapping on the mic icon it dosent pick up my voice. any 1 else have this problem/solution?

maff1989

Sep 20, 2010
Bolingbrook
so i just now got this nand and i tried to "speak " a txt msg by tapping on the mic icon it dosent pick up my voice. any 1 else have this problem/solution?

never noticed that.. But yes, I'm having the same problem.

EDIT: I installed "Keyboard from Android 2.3" by Steven Lin, which is supposed to have speech-to-text support, and I receive a FC as soon as I select my input method.. This indicates that either 1) CMYLXGO didn't include speech-to-text support in his ROM, or 2) The kernel doesn't support speech-to-text. I'm not a dev/programmer/coder/etc.; this is just my hypothesis.

Last edited:

parkerpeach

Feb 28, 2010
Maryland
I don't think it matters.. as long as your phone is recognized as an Android Phone on your computer ;) I would try it with "Charge Only" first, and if that doesn't work then HTC Sync; I don't think Disk Drive Mount would have any positive effect for ya.

HTC Sync does not initialize at all. The more I think about it sync would be required to write the changes to the ROM. I could be wrong I suppose, but I do not know a whole lot about Androids inner programming.

Last edited:

nymikey

Apr 22, 2010
anybody have their led status light stuck on green sometimes. its not all the time,but when it does happen,i cant get to shut off. any ideas? tried doing a search a few times,but nothing. thanks in advance.

ceo4eva

Sep 30, 2008
Ellicott City
OnePlus 11
I dont know why this only happens to me but my tmobile apps just dont work..

It says not available and to dial some numbers on my phone. ( the ones for checking balance, etc)

Besides that, the build is pretty good.

Battery wise not so great. Maybe its due to the lost efficiency of SDbuilds and everything bt after a full nights charge after unpluging my phone within like 20 mins of very minimal usage (sending a text or 2) the battery is at 93%. I dont know if it's the fault of the app im using to look at the charge % but for NAND builds do we have to do that format thing for our batteries just like we did for SDbuilds?

Dec 5, 2010
El Paso, TX
This build is great!!!

Few things....

Battery drain :***(

Dropped calls.....

Unstable HDSPA.

I live in El Paso TX, right next to mexico so we always get intererence with their signals. But im not sure if this i sthe problem. Should I change the kernal?

Also Id love to know hw to change the battery ICON to show%.

And anything else to make this build faster!!!!

Aside from that man....im loving this!!!
thank you

mmduluth

Jun 1, 2008
Atlanta, GA
HTC Sync does not initialize at all. The more I think about it sync would be required to write the changes to the ROM. I could be wrong I suppose, but I do not know a whole lot about Androids inner programming.

Charge only. HTC sync or mounting has nothing to do with it. Your phone just needs to be plugged into the computer with debugging mode active so that it can "talk" with adb (which you have to have installed by the way).

cmylxgo

Feb 13, 2007
What sites are guys going to that have flash and it crashes the browser? I am testing v1.1 right now and want to make sure I have this issue squashed.

-CMYLXGO

cmylxgo

Feb 13, 2007
FYI...

CotullaCode
MAGLDR V1.12 soon! main features: *various bug-fixes *built-in recovery support.

CotullaCode
NOTE: New version have new, incompatible partition layout, so you need reinstall ROM after upgrade. Be warned!

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
What sites are guys going to that have flash and it crashes the browser? I am testing v1.1 right now and want to make sure I have this issue squashed.-CMYLXGO
www.si.com Swimsuit vids cause it. I always use that site for browser testing due to getting to see swimsuits during tests. ;)
I wanna say that I really really love the theme package you used in Topia series based on Desire Sense with some effects like flying popup or sliding windows (not only fading). I've just noticed that in HD series you didn't add those effects. I wonder if there is any way I could add them for my own using, or whether they would appear in your next builds.
Check in Settings/Display/Animation that 'All window animations are shown' is selected.
You MUST have network access for it to work. Other than that, mine works perfectly.
FYI...
CotullaCode
MAGLDR V1.12 soon! main features: *various bug-fixes *built-in recovery support.
CotullaCode
NOTE: New version have new, incompatible partition layout, so you need reinstall ROM after upgrade. Be warned!
Thank you for the heads up! :D

ShadyGravy

Dec 8, 2010
West Chester
My standard boot takes roughly 3 minutes from the time the phone first vibrates till it reaches the lock screen.. I'm curious as to how long it takes some other people to boot this ROM. Any response is appreciated.

Mine takes about 3mins also from vibrate to lockscreen.

tampaboy1984

Jan 11, 2009
Zephyrhills
CMYLXGO how's 1.1 coming along?....im on your 1.0 right now and I'm either gonna hold out and flash your 1.1 when it drops or flash MDJ CyanogenMod 1.6. Any ETA on arrival of 1.1?

captainhakan

Oct 24, 2008
+1 i have the same issue. I reported it few pages before. This issue is also present in gauner1984's HD-FI series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: REMOVED DOWNLOAD LINK UNTIL OP REPLACES MDJ'S KERNEL WHICH IS NOT IN COMPLIANCE WITH GPL

-= CMYLXGO's Topia HD(2) ROM =-
    Build v.2.1.0n [Kernel: MDJ 10.4 OC]
    THIS IS FOR T-MOBILE

This is a CWM build and will require Clockworkmod Recovery.

TopiaHD_Banner2-SMALL-wetfloor.png

-= ALL T-MOBILE APPS WORK OUT OF THE BOX INCLUDING MMS =-

Whats Included:
    ROM is not using squashfs
    Deodex and Zipaligned
    Approx 530MB Free on first boot on LEO1024
    4 Custom TopiaHD Skins
    Custom Ringtones and Alerts
    Custom Boot Animation
    File Explorer
    gMail v2.3.2
    Google Maps v5.0.0
    Facebook v1.5.1
    GPS Test - Used to get intial aGPS data for quick lock
    drocap2
    LED me know
    XDA Forum App - Skinned by CMYLXGO
    Updated Android Market App
    Minor tweak to stock taskbar - To match all skins better
    Skinned Keyboard - To match all skins better

What's Not Working:
    Sharing from Camera App
    720p recording

How to flash and get up and running with CWM & CMYLXGOroms
    Do you have magldr v1.13 Installed? Skip this part if you do...
    • Download MAGLDR v1.13
    • Unrar DFT_LEO_MAGLDR113_DAF.rar
    • Power off phone. Pulling the battery does the trick
    • Power on phone while holding vol down button and wait for rainbow bootloader screen
    • Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe
    • Phone will reboot after flash

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=506873&d=1296659361

Have you previously installed CWM with a 425mb partition? If not or you don't know please complete thess set. If you already have, skip this part...
    • Downlaod from the first post CMYLXGOs.ClockworkMod.Recovery.Partition.Setup.02.04.2011.rar
    • Unrar CMYLXGOs.ClockworkMod.Recovery.Partition.Setup.02.04.2011.rar
    • Power up or reboot phone and hold down the red end/pwr key until MAGLDR Boot menu: appears
    • Scroll down to option 5. USB Flasher and hit the Green Send key
    • Plug phone into PC and run DAF.exe
    • Phone will reboot after flash

Flashing a CMYLXGO CWM ROM is now a very easy thing to do...
    • Download your favorite flavor of CMYLXGO ROM to your PC or directly to the SDCard on your phone
    • Reboot phone and hold down the Red/End/PWR button until the MAGLDR Boot menu appears
    • Scroll down to option 8. AD Recovery and hit Green/Send key
    • Phone will now boot into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode
    • Scroll down to 'install zip from sdcard' and hit Green/Send key
    • Scroll down to 'choose zip from sdcard' and hit Green/Send key
    • Scroll down to your favorite CMYLXGO ROM and hit Green/Send key
    • Scroll down to 'yes - install CMYLXGO...blah...blah...blach.zip' and hit Green/Send key
    • Sit back and wait approx 2-5min. Don't worry if the progress bar does not move
    • Once you get the rom flashing has completed message hit the back arrow key
    • Scroll down to 'reboot system now' and hit Green/Send key
    • All done! Let phone boot normally
    • Repeat these steps only for future CMYLXGO ROM flashing

-= MUST USE CMYLXGOs.ClockworkMod.Recovery.Partition.Setup.02.04.2011.RAR TO UPDATE KERNELS =-
    Backup with CWM prior to updating kernel or you will lose all data.​
    Change Log...

v2.1.0n
    -Moved to new base: CMYLXGO's Stock Desire HD(2) v2
    -Updated kernel to MDJ's 10.4 OC
    -Fix root issues. ROM is fully rooted now.
    -Fixed browser crash with embeded flash sites
    -Fixed audio only for streaming video sites
    -Changed boot splash screen to match stock Desire HD boot animation
    -Updated Market
    -Updated FaceBook to v1.5.1
    -Tweaked CWM install script
    -Updated FlashPlayer to v.10.1.106.16
    -Fixed Voice Search Force Close on first boot
    -Rebuilt update-script from the ground up
    -Data and Cache are now formated when flashing this ROM [SETTINGS WILL BE LOST]
    -Added some CMYLXGO flare to CWM flashing script
    -Tweaked taskbar Battery Icon
    -Discontinued DFT builds. CWM FTW!

v1.4n
    - patch su to v9.9.9
    - Updated Kernel to MDJ's 10.2OC
    - removed T-Mobile Visual Voicemail. When cooked in settings are lost on reboot.
    - removed T-Mobile MyAccount

v1.3n
    - Fixed root
    - Fixed WiFi MAC Issue
    - Updated kernel to MDJ's 10.1OC

v1.2n
    - Fixed Voice Search

v1.1n
    - Updated hosts file with current ad blocking list
    - Removed GPS Test
    - Added GPS Status & Test
    - Downgrade Flash from 10.1.105.6 to 10.1.92.8 to resovle Browser Crashing

v1.0n
    -Initial Release

-= CMYLXGO's Carrier Splash Screens =-

CMYLXGOromsSplashScreens-SMALL.png

To install Splash Screen power up phone while holding the volume down button to put phone in boot loader moede. Run Leo_Splash.Screen.Updater.exe

Download Red Splash
    Download Grey Splash
    Download Blue Splash

TopiaHD_Screens-SMALL-wetfloor.png

-= Enable DROID Bootup Audio =-
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=511579&d=1297111107

-= Disable DROID Bootup Audio =-
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=511580&d=1297111107

Flash via ClockworkMod Recovery. This will not delete your data.
    just wondering what is the max mms size and also does the wifi tether work...im using Desire Nand build 1.1n...everything works great on that build with no complaints...but i like this version better...looks cooler...thanks

This ROM uses the same base as my Stock Desire HD 1.2n build without squashing the file system. I have added more apps and of course my badass skins :)

-CMYLXGO
    Is it possible to change the battery icon to circular %1 one by simply overwriting the framework-res file by root explorer? Has anyone tried that yet?

Apply custom circular battery:

Download, unzip on desktop
    Connect your phone to PC (charge only, debug on)
    Run change_framework.bat
    Phone will be rebooted automatically.
    (If you want to apply your own custom framework-res.apk - just place it inside this folder and run bat file).
    NOTE: you need to reenter your google account after reboot. And dont forget to backup firstly:)

Update framework

Regards,