Search This thread

poacher2010

Apr 20, 2010
Awesome... It would be great if we can get this stable and fully functioning.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
this is pretty awesome,

test it out and it seems it feels smooth for being a alpha, but my question though is,
i thought honeycomb wasnt meant for phones??? from all the info out there, and the way it runs and fits in the evo does look like its for phone.

bumsock

May 2, 2010
Wichita
this is pretty awesome,

test it out and it seems it feels smooth for being a alpha, but my question though is,
i thought honeycomb wasnt meant for phones??? from all the info out there, and the way it runs and fits in the evo does look like its for phone.

As of now I don't think it is... only for the tablets. I would imagine eventually they have some official version of it... or variant of it to run on future phones.. but I'm guessing that won't be for awhile... seeing how gingerbread taken this long to get on how many phones..the nexus s? Lol, But they did have some video on youtube from the MWC of the samsung galaxy s 2 running gingerbread With touch with 4. 0 running over it.

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
If 3.0 is meant for tablets, wouldn't it be more productive to try and make a port of 2.4 since this is supposed to be the future for Android phones? Otherwise may be fighting a losing battle for full functionality (could be on 2.4 as well I guess).

brokentoaster24

May 9, 2010
Kansas
If 3.0 is meant for tablets, wouldn't it be more productive to try and make a port of 2.4 since this is supposed to be the future for Android phones? Otherwise may be fighting a losing battle for full functionality (could be on 2.4 as well I guess).

IMO, the evo is a mini tablet :p I understand your point though. I think this is more of a "because we can" kind of thing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honeycomb-SDK-United-Base

I have a half baked barely functional rom based off the sdk download here or here thank you RiotMAC, t3hh4xx0r, andriodball and aximilation for the mirror

and a thank you to Biofall for this themed lanchers and apps from his cm7 build here

You flash it at your own risk. Backup everything.
    Many things are broken like

SD card
    Music player
    Audio
    camera
    wifi (working on fix)
    4g
    Radios
    App drawer if you stick with default launcher

Things we have got to work
    Bottom buttons (although needs some work still)
    Bookmarks
    Widgets
    Menus
    contacts
    launcher pro
    ADW launcher
    root explorer
    ROM manager
    Superuser

One note so far clockwork recovery 3.0 or higher wasn't working for me so I downgraded to 2.5 and booted it up fine
    RA-supersonic-v2.3 works great just the way it is.

these guys are working on this here thanks to (t3hh4xx0r)
    video of honeycomb on the EVOhere thanks to (t3hh4xx0r) Android Ball
    the original rom is under his video

IRC channel #HC-United-Evo on freenode thanks to dc13
    Reserved

Okay. The svn repo is up.

http://code.google.com/p/honeycomb-sdk-united-base/

For the folks who want to contribute, please PM me your gmail/google email address and I will add you.

Also here is an outstanding tutorial on using TotoiseSVN with code.google.com.

http://mzaher.wordpress.com/2009/03/02/how-to-use-svn-with-google-code/

The latest version of the AndroidKitchen now will ignore source management repository directories (.cvs, .svn, .git) so I recommend fetching this repository into a WORKING_XXX directory within the kitchen. The .svn directories will automatically be removed when you do a Build (option 99).

If one of you have a Linux hosting provider with shell and cron access we can also set up a cronjob to create nightly releases automating this for us.

onicrom had written a script for me to generate these for my Warm Z nightlies that we can reuse, assuming we have a host.

Let me know if you have questions.

Add this here for everyone to see
    Yea was chatting with sacs and DC13 Fri night and was telling him about how I was upset at the fact that you beat me to it!
    And he said oh yea well I just started working on honeycomb as we speak!
    So the joy,expectation,and suspense began!!!

Then for the next few hours it was quiet........

Then suddenly he reappears on the chat box and he says hey old man get on gtalk so bang boom kapow I load the page and I see the pretty blue link and press to download!

Since I work with Ubuntu Linux download was about 20 seconds!
    Hooray pushed the chat button and frantically was determined to be the first one to flash and boot Android 3.0 Honeycomb with with working something?

Then it started off good loaded,booted,......force close couldn't get it past launcher fc....

Then the work began DC the launcher is fcing
    He said try a different launcher I said how's about launcher pro he said try it!

I then ripped into the zip found ol reliable LP
    And placed her sweet little ass in system/ app!
    Loaded her back up and at last the door was open and I c could taste the honey!....lol

Then we commenced for the next 4 to 5 HOURS to test this baby out mind you I am in fl. and he is in san diego!

So I believe that I am the FIRST to boot Android Honeycomb 3.0, in the state that it is now , with density fixed and tested with a fine tooth comb with the ROM master DC13!

TO ME IT,S A BIG DEAL! And sorry for my crappy attitude towards you Spyder its just all about Passion when it comes to being a Dev!
    My selfishness please forgive me!

Anyhow yea I want in my fingerprints are all over it and if not I am satisfied thus so far with progress!

Just pm me thanks

Ps. This is nothing but fact

Not to add gas to the fire, but what are you even trying to say? First off, the OP just downloaded from thehaxxor and re uploaded it. We've determined that. MD5s match. Second, what? You're mad because he posted it before you? If you've got actual skills to fix things that are broken, then fix them. Hell, fix them all and post your own thread if you feel so inclined! But that post is just a little ridiculous.

/theend
    there's a reason it's a dev rom and the OP says it's half baked :p

still cool to see this. is there a list of working/not working?
    i will be working on a list i could use help though
    this will be pretty bad ass once its made as a functioning rom...
    i love the menus