Change Your Bootanimation The Easy Way!

Search This thread

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
For Use With The Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G (T699) Only!
I found many people do not realize how easy it is to change there bootanimation... and I just made it easier!

With this easy to use Aroma Package, simply flash in recovery like any ROM, you will have option to flash a bootanimation to your phone.!
There are plans to add more bootanimations (about 2 dozen right now)
as well as add more options such as sounds, wallpapers, etc. anything that isn't ROM dependent can be added.

This Can Be Used On Any ROM For The Relay! So flash on!

Requests will be taken and feedback is well appreciated, let me know what you're interested in!

Current Build : 05/17/2014
Download Link : BootanimationAromaRelay1.1.3-signed.zip - 137.88 MB
MD5SUM : 6d15b35f5ff8098d5247818a92d010f1

ps....
I have made similar packages for a few different devices, I was bored so this is just a quick slapped together copy and paste
of parts of my old ones modified to work for the relay. So yes there is a bunch of HTC stuff and random bootanimations that
many probably don't want here
(preview coming too)

As Always,
Happy Flashing!

Last edited:

chuckiev79

Jul 29, 2012
I found many people do not realize how easy it is to change there bootanimation... and I just made it easier!

With this easy to use Aroma Package, simply flash in recovery like any ROM, you will have option to flash a bootanimation to your phone.!
There are plans to add more bootanimations (about a dozen right now)
as well as add more options such as sounds, wallpapers, etc. anything that isn't ROM dependent can be added.

Requests will be taken and feedback is well appreciated, let me know what you're interested in!

ps....
I have made similar packages for a few different devices, I was bored so this is just a quick slapped together copy and paste
of parts of my old ones modified to work for the relay. So yes there is a bunch of HTC stuff and random bootanimations that
many probably don't want here, I will have the time over the week to add a bunch more and remove the HTC stuff...
(preview coming too)

As Always,
Happy Flashing!

Very very cool! I would like to use the thundercats carbonrom bootanimation with carimina burana intro (sound from doors soundtrack). Is this doable?

Sent from my SGH-T699 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Yeah of course! This is finals week for me so I'll try and fit in some time shortly and add this for you in the next release

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: chuckiev79

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Ok updated, added an option to back current bootanimation and to restore it later
also fixed the wallpaper issue
add more bootanimation - including the one i think you wanted @chuckiev79

added boot sounds but something is off so i removed it - this appears to be different than on other devices i worked on so bear with me
unless any of you know off hand how to add boot sounds specifically for the relay, as in it works when you do it?

anyway, ill look into it all next week,
happy flashing!

chuckiev79

Jul 29, 2012
Well the sound didn't work for me either. Actually the thundercats carbon bootanimation bootlooped my relay. Currently using the xda bootanimation. If you get the sound thing figured out let me know. I have been trying to figure out sound with boot animation since my sammy epic.

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Yeah, I'll need to dig some more about the bootsounds, finals week so not much time right now.
I noticed two of the bootanimations I added I forgot to change the actual image size which seems to be too much for the relay to handle, that's the mashup and carbon thundercats ones, when I get some time I'll fix er up and upload a new build

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

chuckiev79

Jul 29, 2012
Yeah, I'll need to dig some more about the bootsounds, finals week so not much time right now.
I noticed two of the bootanimations I added I forgot to change the actual image size which seems to be too much for the relay to handle, that's the mashup and carbon thundercats ones, when I get some time I'll fix er up and upload a new build

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Much appreciated! And could you change the color to white? I'm not much a fan of pink. Lol. Good luck with finals! ?

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Much appreciated! And could you change the color to white? I'm not much a fan of pink. Lol. Good luck with finals! ?

Here's the link I originally found it and has white version. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2687462 I hope this helps.

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Here's the link I originally found it and has white version. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2687462 I hope this helps.

yeah thats the one i found as well, ill quick resize the broken ones and switch the one you wanted to white
after this all should work 100%

but please, testers really appreciated!
havent had a lot of time in the last year to play with android and i have some more free time but not a lot, certainly not to test everything
If people can try this out and let me know whats good/bad works/broken add/subtract
it will be best for anyone interested

thanks all, new build should be up in like 20min
happy flashing!

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
can anyone post a screenshot? i would like to see what you guys did. thanks so much.

Sorry, been a bit lazy and have made the gifs for you all to see the options
But its quick and easy to just flash it (like you would any ROM from recovery) and then it will bring you to the aroma ui, from there just pick to backup current bootanimation. Then try some out and worse case scenario you just restore the back up you made.
But if I find the free time I'll make some gifs for you all to see
Happy flashing!

bfok

Nov 12, 2009
Hello! Could you please provide an updated link to download BootanimationAromaRelay1.1.3-signed.zip?
Many Many Thanks!

ps....
(preview coming too)

As Always,
Happy Flashing!
[/QUOTE]

kiboy6

Nov 5, 2012
Thanks so much for this demkantor - works great (although the thundercats bootanimation still sends me to bootloop).

One question - could this app be extended to include the possibility to change the splash screen too? I am loving my omnitoad rom but not a fan of the teamapexq green android splash screen.

Thanks!

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Really? I thought I fixed that... I'll check when I get a min
As for the splash screen I have made aroma packages in the past to changes these but for different devices, the way they are set up on this phone makes it impossible as they aren't a separate partition rather in the kernel so a new kernel would need to be flashed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There are plans to add more bootanimations (about 2 dozen right now)

Current Build : 05/17/2014
    Download Link : BootanimationAromaRelay1.1.3-signed.zip - 137.88 MB
    MD5SUM : 6d15b35f5ff8098d5247818a92d010f1

ps....
    (preview coming too)

As Always,
    Happy Flashing!
    Yeah of course! This is finals week for me so I'll try and fit in some time shortly and add this for you in the next release