New ROM :: 407 OFFICIAL GB ROM IS OUT

Search This thread

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
Hmm, if you installed the pkg it should have also fac resetted.

Try reinstalling again, it's not the first time i've seen this happen but I dont have a solid explaniation for it

Once i install this. Can i then install Streaknod? Or will phone no longer be rooted?
After installing this, fastboot flash streakmod, then go directly in streakmod and flash superuser.zip. You will now be rooted. Also, since this is a stock rom, when it boots it will overwrite streakmod with stock recovery. In /system folder there is a file named something along the lines of install-recovery-from-boot.p or similar. Delete this and it won't overwrite.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
the framework-res part should work, if it contains apks dunno if they'll work.

I'm going to re-port the portrait hack in a day or 3

Hmm, if you installed the pkg it should have also fac resetted.

Try reinstalling again, it's not the first time i've seen this happen but I dont have a solid explaniation for it
Just reflashed it for the second time and it still shows as 406. I'll try to flash the recovery separately once you post the decrypted files.

Actually, I'm impatient....I am flashing 354 stock, then will reflash 407.

Last edited:

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
It should say GAUSB1A140714-xx

I've had multiple times where I just flashed the bb to test and the version string doesnt update till I twiddle with the caches/install.

But this doesnt sound right if you use the entire pkg as it fac resets and takes care of all that.

_n0p_

Apr 9, 2009
Kyiv
n0p.8bit.fm
Shane, thank you. Ril modules are of same size and functionality.
Think there won't be any significant differences vs 406, hope your wifi troubles would be fixed.

TheManii

Wiki Admin / Inactive RC
Dec 8, 2010
It only has english and korean, it also has olleh kt carrier apps installed.

Besides that it works on any streak

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I'm NeCoritol

Moments ago, Dell streak 5's OFFICIAL GB ROM was OUT
    (Sorry, my English)

Region :: Korea, Republic of

Carrier :: Olleh (KT)

DOWNLOAD :

http://mobileupdate.dell.com/PackageProductionLocations/Streak_407_20707_14.pkg
    Rom:
    Version: 407
    Build: 20707
    Android version: 2.3.3
    Build date: Dec 1, 2011

Changelog:
    • First official 2.3.3 pkg
    • Dell Stage 1.5
    • Swype 2.27.69.19339
    • BB version is named GAUSB1A1406214-xx instead of GAUSB1A140714-xx

It's exactly as simple as it sounds, it is only a marginal update from 406, but it's an official PKG. Recommended to flash the pkg for the proper basebands as per the general recommendation. (ie. 360 for any froyo custom rom users and this one for any gingerbread custom rom users) Manually flashing the amss and dsp1 is NOT recommended if it can be avoided, now that it is out it CAN be avoided.

Guides:
    (Read this to learn how to flash recoveries with fastboot)

Install instructions:
    1. Recommended: make a backup of userdata with preferred method
    2. Flash a region 14 recovery: stock 407 recovery.img
    3. download 407 update.pkg
    4. copy update.pkg to sdcard
    5. reboot into recovery mode
    6. follow onscreen instructions
    7. finished
    8. optional: reinstall streakmod
    9. optional: root with superuser.zip

Stock Deodexed + slimmed varient:
    407 is available as a zipaligned, deodexed, and slimmed down version:
    It has had all it's bundleware and enginneringmode apps removed.

Mod compability:
    • From 406 compatable roms:
      • Portrait mod
      • Theme mods

All previous GB based roms are 406 compatable, so any mods that were designed for 406 should work on 407
    Dude, don't wait any longer to move to a custom ROM. I did the same thing you did, going to 407 first. There are so many issues with it, I wish I'd made the jump to DSC ROM sooner. Everything works now, and is so much smoother than 407 was. I'm very pleased with DSC as it stands now. It's convinced me to hang onto the Streak for a little longer, maybe see what the next Nexus device is like.
    I got that when I had the wrong recovery flashed. If you are running a stock rom and flash the correct recovery, DO NOT let your phone boot after flashing the recovery. If you do, the stock recovery for your rom will be reinstalled upon boot. Flash the necessary recovery and do not reboot. Pull the battery, and immediately power up into recovery (both volume buttons). Update again and see if the problem remains.
    Once i install this. Can i then install Streaknod? Or will phone no longer be rooted?
    After installing this, fastboot flash streakmod, then go directly in streakmod and flash superuser.zip. You will now be rooted. Also, since this is a stock rom, when it boots it will overwrite streakmod with stock recovery. In /system folder there is a file named something along the lines of install-recovery-from-boot.p or similar. Delete this and it won't overwrite.