[Live Wallpaper] Custom Creater 2.6 [SCRIPT] [WINDOWS]

Search This thread

Daneshm90

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 1, 2009
Going to do a test now. :D
The images in the "placeimages" folder are referred to as placeholder images and must stay there when I add my own images? :confused:
Thanks!

To clarify wht i meant in the script,

So replace only the images u want, so if ur animation is 20 images, replace n01-n20 with ur own images, but leave the rest of the placeholder images (21-100) in the folder. They're required but won't be used.

notxel21

Dec 2, 2008
Jacksonville
twitter.com
To clarify wht i meant in the script,

So replace only the images u want, so if ur animation is 20 images, replace n01-n20 with ur own images, but leave the rest of the placeholder images (21-100) in the folder. They're required but won't be used.

Got it. But for future reference, if I'm creating a LWP with 100 images, I would replace all, but if the LWP after that one only has say 50 images what about the placeholders? Sorry for all the questions, I could always use the place holders from your original zip to fill those. Just wondering. :eek: :confused:
Thanks! Doing a test LWP now.

Daneshm90

Jun 1, 2009
Got it. But for future reference, if I'm creating a LWP with 100 images, I would replace all, but if the LWP after that one only has say 50 images what about the placeholders? Sorry for all the questions, I could always use the place holders from your original zip to fill those. Just wondering. :eek: :confused:

Yea u gotta extract the place holders from the zip. Hmm wht i cud do is, upon executing the script, it checks if there are missing images, and creates placeholders for u ;) So in essence, after u've created a lwp with 100 images, and u want to go back to 50, u can delete the rest of 50 and it would create the other 50 palceholders. I'll try doing it now before i get busy for rest of the day.

Daneshm90

Jun 1, 2009

Ok so now this is how it works. U place ur images inside the placeimages folder with the naming convention of n01...n10....n100 (all .png) and then u run the script. The rest lets say ur animation is 50 images, the other 50 will be automatically be filled with placeholders at the time of creation.

ultra spikey

Jul 5, 2006
Here's one I made using this .gif (credit goes to C0mpu13rFr34k). I just extracted the images and resized them.

boot1.gif

...the only problem I'm seeing with using this tool, is that you can't install more than one LWP that has been created with this.

Attachments

• AndroidPee.apk
    794.3 KB · Views: 247

notxel21

Dec 2, 2008
Jacksonville
twitter.com
Ok so now this is how it works. U place ur images inside the placeimages folder with the naming convention of n01...n10....n100 (all .png) and then u run the script. The rest lets say ur animation is 50 images, the other 50 will be automatically be filled with placeholders at the time of creation.

Ok I had my file names n1...n15 vice n01...n15. :eek: Version 2.1 only has 20 placeholder images, is that supposed to be? :confused:

Daneshm90

Jun 1, 2009
Ok I had my file names n1...n15 vice n01...n15. :eek: Version 2.1 only has 20 placeholder images, is that supposed to be? :confused:

No the reason i did that was to make use of the auto-placeholder feature. So u can create up to n100 images and use em, the ones u dont, will b filled with placeholders. As for the package name, i'll try a few things to change them, although its quite difficult to change an apk's package name :(

Daneshm90

Jun 1, 2009
Ok guys so i uploaded v2.4. now it lets u change ur package name, for those who are clueless, its so u can have multiple custom lwp created by this script on ur phone.

I think this is as far as this project can go LOL :D

ryan75

Feb 8, 2009
Dearborn, MI
This is pretty sweet - thanks for sharing it. BTW, does anyone of a tool (freeware/open source) that will extract, say 30 seconds of one of my .3gp videos, break it down into .png's to use with this tool?

Daneshm90

Jun 1, 2009
This is pretty sweet - thanks for sharing it. BTW, does anyone of a tool (freeware/open source) that will extract, say 30 seconds of one of my .3gp videos, break it down into .png's to use with this tool?

I still do this ;) fast-stone is remarkable for renaming/batch processing images. U can set it to n## and it'll auto-rename ur images from n01 to n(w/e) lol

Ok if u guys want to create some urselves this is how i did it.

Get one of these utube videos, these r gud Link

Then download it using an online converter, i download at hd quality as mp4

Now i used vidcrop to crop the length of the video as well as the resolution.

Then once i exported the video from vidcrop, i used avcutty to dump them as bmp.

Then i used faststone photo resizer to convert them to png's at the same time controlling the quality of the images so they dont end up being 10mb each ;)

Thats it, then just place them inside a extracted bootanimation.zip and rezip it WITHOUT compressing.

Last edited:

h_zee13

Dec 31, 2009
Montreal
Hey you know what would be nice if you could find a way to use images of bigger resolution....so that the LWP doesn't show up as a static wallpaper

ogdobber

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 4, 2008
this is the one I'm working on. (I had to make the picture smaller to upload)
helicopter2.gif

h_zee13

Dec 31, 2009
Montreal
That one is nice....i'm trying to find a way to convert .swf files to .gif because i found really nice LWP but they are flash files

Daneshm90

Jun 1, 2009
Hey you know what would be nice if you could find a way to use images of bigger resolution....so that the LWP doesn't show up as a static wallpaper

I can't begin to imagine how hard that would be w/o the source for the app. Im no java guru :( , if someone is would be awesome if they could do it, but this as it is serves the purpose. Seems as though all lwp on market that use a series of images to show the animation have the same implementation (no scrolling). If u do find one however, let me know n i'll see to bring these features to that app ;)

h_zee13

Dec 31, 2009
Montreal
yeah that's what I thought also...anyways I'll use this app as much as i can until we find another way to make LWP :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Purpose : Create a live-wallpaper out of a bunch of images

Instructions :

- Download zip
    - Extract zip
    - Run Run.bat (follow instructions)
    - Once done, install the resulting apk

Tip : Pre-attached with the zip comes the "haters gonna hate" animation, so if u want to test it, just Run.bat and enter 14 as the # of images.

Requirements :
    - Java in ur environmental path (to check go start -> run -> cmd -> java -jar
    Do u see "command not found" ? if so go to java.com and install it, otherwise ur fine.

Capabilities :

- Customizable live wallpaper w/o coding
    - Change application name / icon
    - Adjust loop invariant to ensure no skipping
    - Change app description
    - Now u have up to 100 images to use

- Automatically inserts the place-holders
    - Change package name
    - Apk produced now takes on the package name (easier to identify)
    - Option to install the app to ur phone at end of script
    - Added java check, it'll tell u if java is in ur path or not

- Now u have up to 300 images to use (thanks olivvv59)
    - Added vista compatibility (delete's $.tmp files if they exist)
    - Cleaned up the code a bit.

Note : The naming convention of the images are n01.png,n02.png,n03.png..n32...n100.png

Thanks : Goes to the andrew121 who created this link I just took his apk, modified it and made it customizable.

Heres his site : Link

I thought I would share my settings screen changes, the attached zip is a working creator with the exact settings screen in the screen shots. I will leave the customization up to you all. You can also change the watermark image by replacing settings.png in the drawables folder, I left mine so you could use it for reference. I am going to be working on a slider option for FPS vs. the text edit option. I will post it once successful, unless someone else has got that already and wants to help a guy out..... ;)

Oh yeah, almost forgot I also updated the resolution sizes as well! Hope you like and hit thanks it you like, I RARELY ask for thank you's but this is kinda my pride and joy atm.

CustomCreatorMrdavisoTwist.zip

ClearSettingscrn.png
    ResoSizes.png
    Done!

The mediafire link has been taken down. Can the OP or someone re-post this somewhere?

Thanks ahead of time!

I have re-uploaded it to mediafire, it is with an .jpg extension , open it it will be an image file , so mediafire will have no rights on this. if you change the extension to .rar you can see the files inside!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Size: 14.28 MB
    http://www.mediafire.com/?73j6pw7cg5lkar3
    Ok guys uploading new version with up to 300 images support. Thank oliv5559 for doing the handy work ;)
    Can someone repost a link since the OP is link is dead? Thanks.

This is my twist, with alternate resolution sizes, settings screen and other small tweaks.
    http://db.tt/rNhQKnvM

utaqasem.jpg

u9uqame3.jpg

Sent from my HTC GLACIER using Xparent Blue
    My Race Videos