[ROM] Android Revolution HD Telus RC2 | Gingerbread 2.43.661.1 | Android 2.3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shamps

Jan 25, 2011
Hi all ,
First of all, kudos to Mike for his great work with the froyo rom and now the beta GB 4.x rom.
its just a bit offtopic but i want a suggestion from all you experienced beta rom users. This is my first Android device and i am loving it. Even my bro using an iphone envys me now for the endless customization that this platform has to offer. I am currently on the stock rom and am ready to move to a custom rom. So, now should i first use the 3.2 froyo rom so as to appreciate the benifits it gives over the stock rom or I should stright away jump to the beta GB rom. I hope you understand what point i am tying to make here.
Cheers!!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Restorer

Dec 14, 2007
2000th post :p
Awesome Rom. Glad the notes widget is working again. I know its pointless, but I liked it.

Pointless? For me it's the most useful widget on my phone! When you are out and about it's great to have the option to draw or type right there without having to open anything. Thing is too there doesn't appear to be anything else on the market that does the same thing.

xplained

Sep 26, 2010
Singapore
Hi all ,
First of all, kudos to Mike for his great work with the froyo rom and now the beta GB 4.x rom.
its just a bit offtopic but i want a suggestion from all you experienced beta rom users. This is my first Android device and i am loving it. Even my bro using an iphone envys me now for the endless customization that this platform has to offer. I am currently on the stock rom and am ready to move to a custom rom. So, now should i first use the 3.2 froyo rom so as to appreciate the benifits it gives over the stock rom or I should stright away jump to the beta GB rom. I hope you understand what point i am tying to make here.
Cheers!!

i would recommand this beta GB rom, according to mike, it's the best up till now =)

Try4Ce

Jul 29, 2010
NRW
Hi all ,
Cheers!!

Well, thats a tough one. But personally, if I would be new to Android and custom ROMs, I first would go for 3.2 Froyo, since that release is out of BETA status and runs extremely good. The devs in this Forum are kind of wizards, so to speak. Even on Froyo Base, you will notice quite the improvement in speed, usabilty, stability and responsiveness.
This 4.x release is BETA and therefore I suggest only people who know what they are doing should go for it. The advandages of Beta 4.x are quite clear: It is the new Gingerbread Base (2.3.x) and has some great new features to offer. But since its not official and not final, it suffers from specific issues.
Our quite talented devs here are working hard on ironing HTC's issues and bugs out, and to be honest, they do a way better job than HTC itself ;-)

JaseLegenda

Sep 5, 2009
Vienna
Hi all ,
Cheers!!

jump straight to GB you will not regret it ... it´s Mike´s work after all:):):)

maarten00

Jan 11, 2011
Hey Mike, I want to thank you for all the hard work you have put into this. I am currently still on beta2 and desperately waiting for beta 4. I'll put up a mirror as soon as it's up.

shamps

Jan 25, 2011
Thanks for the input guys. Yes, i think i'll first use.the 3.x rom so as to appreciate mike's work and also to feel good about moving away from the srock rom. Btw just read in the 3.x thread that Mike is releasing 3.3, so i guess i will play around with that for a while and maybe then jump on to the beya stuff. I guess i will not be turned off by the little nags and glitches that beta versions suffer from.
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android Revolution HD TELUS RC 2

based on newest RUU 2.43.661.1

All tweaks / mods etc. are the same as on Android Revolution HD 5.1.12 so basically it has:

- root
    - buxybox
    - init.d scripts
    - O/C daemon
    - O/C kernel
    - EXT4
    - all tweaks from my official ROM thread
    - etc.

This is network provided related update. Please keep in mind that this might now work well on non-TELUS devices.

Don't flash any mods / themes over this version because it's different base.

have you seen this mike ? :D
    [PD98IMG] ACE_Gingerbread_20110314.zip [TEST ONLY]

Waiting for new GB ROM
    Lets hope it's not buggy

Downloading now and beta 3 to come very sooooon :D
    Mike shouldn't make a topic today, if its gonna be 5 days or 1 month till a release. There would be absolutely no use for this topic now, besides from boosting his ego.

It's gonna by today.

Just a little teaser, that is nearly ready for launch - HONEY HD (as soon as I know which platform will be next...)

Menu.jpg

PopUpListe.jpg
    The beta 3.1 is just a little laggy when you turn on screen after 2 sec everything is fine. Has anyone else observed this??

Yes, it was like that on beta 3.1 but I managed to 100% solve this issue on beta 4 :) No lags after unlocking on incoming beta 4 :D