[Q] (READ PLEASE) Why is everyone a big DOOOSSHH?? (yes I know what i did there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
My goodness lol I know a lot about hacking, my phone, roms ,general troubleshooting and a lot of other things and also a lot about forums and the vermin that live in them. I just don't say much because I never was a forum posting guy I'm a do it my self guy. Throwing "NOOB" around to some guy/girl that just wants to know how to operate or troubleshoot his/her galaxy that he paid a great deal for is b.s. I read countless a** hole replies that don't even answer the question, a lot of the answers are just failed attempts to sound like the "cool" :cool: sarcastic guy that sits in the back of a remedial math class. I've been coming to xda since I had a g2 (never registered) and slowly and slowly the community is turning from people that would kind of help you to d**ks with a false sense of entitlement that reply with a totally unreasonable response. Yeah it's common knowledge to a lot of people but some people really don't know what they are doing and don't want a brick and need the help of this lovely community. I'm not ranting its just my opinion on whats CLEARLY going on if you don't like it f*** off and go fly a kite.

I do not support smart guys who constantly ask eta questions though.

Pennycake

Nov 20, 2012
Rupert
The problem I see is that, as you say, these people don't know what they're doing and want the information handed to them.

I've never seen a post get a BAD response when the person clearly outlined their problem and explained what they already knew and why their research wasn't getting them anywhere.

The people that DON'T make posts like that need to do some research - not just have the information thrown at them for their own good. Think about if you just gave someone information on how to build and operate a bomb without them knowing how it worked and how to do it safely. Sure, they're probably not going to lose fingers - but they could brick an expensive device and it's kinder to give some tough love and pointing in the direction of research, knowledge, and understanding before they make a mess that they can't get out of.

In the words of H.P. Lovecraft : "Do not call up that which you can not put down".

Reactions: WillieWonka1985

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
Yeah I know what your saying and I agree. Just that some people ask questions live what boxes should I check in Odin, whats a zip lol, should I wipe b4 or after, what original dev, how do I root. Those a simple questions and they are common knowledge to a lot (maybe not how do I root because many things can go wrong if you derp it up). These can get simple responses or links but ppl will post turd responses like noon read the op, we answers that in 2011 look it up, just don't root. Stuff like that I'm not saying go in to depth with a dude asking about something when he doesn't ever know the dos, don'ts and risk. I know I'm not the only one there's threads about it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 who wishes it was red and not American.

mrbmg

Nov 14, 2010
Midlothian, TX
I agree 100%. The thing that irritates the F out of me is the few that run around here acting like they know it all... Then ***** and say search, then like each others post for being asshats to someone who asked a simple question that deserved a simple answer. I do occasionally call them out but it doesn't do any good.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
Lol yeah one guy asked does any one know where I can find the inverted YouTube I'm new.. A did responded Noob you'll find it in a different section. Thank me for the help.

Then a civilized guy posted a link to the apk (which is simple to find for the average user) and said to the guy above something like I think this is what you meant to do but the xda douche in you did not allow it.

Sent from my SGH-T999

mgbotoe

Because they think they are cool when in reality they are more noobish than the person they are replying to. There's a simple if you don't have anything good to say dont say nothing at all...but I guess their mamas didn't teach them that common sense.

For some reason they rather reply being a total dipsh*t than simply IGNORE the post. Don't get me wrong some of the replies Realy are deserving like the ones when the person constantly whines about their problem and want to b*tch aT the dev...most of the time noobs...such as my self just want simply answered because we've search and couldn't find the answers or we found an answers but it pertains to another device.

They probably didn't get much love from high school so wants to be the cool jogs here :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
From the moderator

To all in this thread.......

Most of the moderators would appreciate it if everyone were considerate, kind and patient........BUT......... that said,
Some do act with arrogance and inconsideration, ......report them we are here to assist.

Understand that the important responsibilities of a member is to Read enough that they can understand what to ask and how to ask it.

One of the overriding problems with XDA is we (the members) are not from one country, or one culture..so, many have to use Google translator or some other method to post in in English.
This creates an additional layer of misunderstanding, which in turn, makes things even more complicated.

Couple all of this with have a bunch of adolescent kids posting as well..... and now you have described XDA.......

So, with this explanation......it basically means to be patient, polite and considerate and when others begin to troll, or flame report them, this keeps these inconsiderates participation to a minimum

Unfortunately, this is thread is way to prone to escalating a flame-war....

Thank you for posting and "venting" off some of the common frustration we all feel from time to time....

...........THREAD CLOSED..........

~~~ oka1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My goodness lol I know a lot about hacking, my phone, roms ,general troubleshooting and a lot of other things and also a lot about forums and the vermin that live in them. I just don't say much because I never was a forum posting guy I'm a do it my self guy. Throwing "NOOB" around to some guy/girl that just wants to know how to operate or troubleshoot his/her galaxy that he paid a great deal for is b.s. I read countless a** hole replies that don't even answer the question, a lot of the answers are just failed attempts to sound like the "cool" :cool: sarcastic guy that sits in the back of a remedial math class. I've been coming to xda since I had a g2 (never registered) and slowly and slowly the community is turning from people that would kind of help you to d**ks with a false sense of entitlement that reply with a totally unreasonable response. Yeah it's common knowledge to a lot of people but some people really don't know what they are doing and don't want a brick and need the help of this lovely community. I'm not ranting its just my opinion on whats CLEARLY going on if you don't like it f*** off and go fly a kite.

I do not support smart guys who constantly ask eta questions though.
    From the moderator

To all in this thread.......

Most of the moderators would appreciate it if everyone were considerate, kind and patient........BUT......... that said,
    Some do act with arrogance and inconsideration, ......report them we are here to assist.

Understand that the important responsibilities of a member is to Read enough that they can understand what to ask and how to ask it.

One of the overriding problems with XDA is we (the members) are not from one country, or one culture..so, many have to use Google translator or some other method to post in in English.
    This creates an additional layer of misunderstanding, which in turn, makes things even more complicated.

Couple all of this with have a bunch of adolescent kids posting as well..... and now you have described XDA.......

So, with this explanation......it basically means to be patient, polite and considerate and when others begin to troll, or flame report them, this keeps these inconsiderates participation to a minimum

Unfortunately, this is thread is way to prone to escalating a flame-war....

Thank you for posting and "venting" off some of the common frustration we all feel from time to time....

...........THREAD CLOSED..........

~~~ oka1
    There is also the thread below that you can link people to regarding their posting attitudes.

Posting Etiquette - Don't Anger a Developer
    The problem I see is that, as you say, these people don't know what they're doing and want the information handed to them.

I've never seen a post get a BAD response when the person clearly outlined their problem and explained what they already knew and why their research wasn't getting them anywhere.

The people that DON'T make posts like that need to do some research - not just have the information thrown at them for their own good. Think about if you just gave someone information on how to build and operate a bomb without them knowing how it worked and how to do it safely. Sure, they're probably not going to lose fingers - but they could brick an expensive device and it's kinder to give some tough love and pointing in the direction of research, knowledge, and understanding before they make a mess that they can't get out of.

In the words of H.P. Lovecraft : "Do not call up that which you can not put down".
    Yeah I know what your saying and I agree. Just that some people ask questions live what boxes should I check in Odin, whats a zip lol, should I wipe b4 or after, what original dev, how do I root. Those a simple questions and they are common knowledge to a lot (maybe not how do I root because many things can go wrong if you derp it up). These can get simple responses or links but ppl will post turd responses like noon read the op, we answers that in 2011 look it up, just don't root. Stuff like that I'm not saying go in to depth with a dude asking about something when he doesn't ever know the dos, don'ts and risk. I know I'm not the only one there's threads about it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 who wishes it was red and not American.