[GUIDE] How to port AOSP ICS roms to your Device

Search This thread

priyesh103

Mar 18, 2012
ahmedabad
help

can i port aosp gb rom for my device galaxy 551..
i have base rom cm7.2 RC-1..
and can i use aosp rom of galaxy 3 (gt 5800) for porting aosp rom for my galaxy 551 (gt 5510)..???
any help will be apreciated...
thank you...

ops sorry for bad english...

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Ok Im telling the truth

I thought this guide was rubbish, but I looked at his thanks meter it changed my mind but i still didnt think itll work, di everything it told me, works perfectly but com.android.phone kept showing this error message every 3 seconds, added new phone.apk and telephony app from cm9 resized it to tablet values works great..

Reactions: kyanox

kyanox

Dec 2, 2007
I'll have to try this. I want to make a port of paranoid android for the optimus 3d however there isn't a cm9 or cm10 for the optimus 3d, just the SU760 converted ICS rom and possible compatible phones are the lg prada with omap4430. There is a cm9 for the samsung i9100 which has the same processor. Looks like i'll have to try this, see if I can get it to boot and logcat for errors after that.

Thanks for the info.

brainiac.cm

Apr 5, 2012
Belgrade
I have ASUS Padfone, is it possible to port CM 10.1 from ASUS Transforomer Pad tf300? Can I just follow the instructions? What about kernel?

gusduenas

Jan 3, 2013
about AOSP..do I have a device with it?

How can I know I have an AOSP android 4.0.4 rom as stock on my device? There is a way to chek this out. Actually I have mine rooted is a MTK6575 double sim 7" phablet 512 mb ram 4gb rom running android 4.0.4 and I'd like to install on it the Jelly bean Aosp from CM10 or the Paranoid Android Jellyban...How can I know if I can port my device to it? thanks. build is alps.ics.mp.v2.2 Baseband version MAUI.11AMD.W11.50.SP.V18.2012/12/11/19
20:48
Kernel version:
Android@system-desktop #1

Gus

ZoneBlaze

Mar 16, 2009
see i hve a question...., what does base mean? does it mean the ics rom which i hve for my device already ported or any ics rom available for my device's manufacturer?
like my phone is samsung galaxy 3....so shud the base be the rom which is available for my g3 or it can be any ics rom like say ics rom for samsung galax s?

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

i m seriously cponfused with that part..... m not gettin g what the base and the rom to be ported shud be?

Yeah, I'm not sure, but I think you just need another ROM that has the same Android version(4.0.x) and from the same manufacturer. So if my Galaxy S2 CM9 isn't being supported or w/e, you can download a CM9 ROM for the S3 and copy&replace the files mentioned in the OP.

I'm just guessing, I don't know for sure. I also need an adult to confirm this T_T

bones420la

Nov 10, 2010
wilmington nc
Yeah, I'm not sure, but I think you just need another ROM that has the same Android version(4.0.x) and from the same manufacturer. So if my Galaxy S2 CM9 isn't being supported or w/e, you can download a CM9 ROM for the S3 and copy&replace the files mentioned in the OP.

I'm just guessing, I don't know for sure. I also need an adult to confirm this T_T

Base ROM must be a ROM for your device.. The other you download should be of the same android version from a device with similar specs(processor ram screen size etc). If your device doesn't have NFC make sure the build.prop doesn't have NFC mentioned anywhere and make sure there isn't a NFC.apk under system/apps

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Ayoproxy

Aug 1, 2013
Help me help me

I DID EVERYTHING RIGHT...THE BASE ROM DOES NOT VE CPU TWEAKS BUT D PORTED ROM AS A CPU TWEAK,i removed it via n++ i zipped and flasshed but am stuck at BOOTLOOP i even changed d bootanimation....reflashed....flashed gapps but same

DEVICE;HTC MYTOUCH 4G
PORTED;JELLY BABY ROM FOR HTC VISION(G2) 4.2
BASE: flinnyAOSP42_glacier_07(4.2)
LOGCAT; I DONT KNOW HOW TO RETRIVE IT BUT VE RAN IT

I WILL BE VERY GLAD TO FIND A SOLUTION. THANKS N ADVANCE AND GOD BLESS!!!!
http://xdaforums.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to port any ICS AOSP based roms to your Device (AOKP, CM9 & many other)

- for best compatibilty
    --> use same android versions. (4.0.4 -> 4.0.4 example)
    --> use latest base from CM9 (is best choose for port) or any AOSPbased ICS ROM
    --> use each brand for port (mean Desire HD -> Desire S or other HTC devices). you also can port other roms, but you will have issues.

PORT:

-> download latest cm9 base and extract it
    -> download target rom and extract it

for Camera
    use Camera.apk from base rom for camera issues fix.

copy
    /app
    /framework
    /media
    /fonts folders and replace in cm9 folder.

repack your zip and let it boot.
    if it doesn't boot then copy /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so from target rom and repack your rom.zip and install again.. if you get bootloop anyway, then just type in adb "adb logcat" and share it with us in this thread..

if you dont get success dont cry, just try to port another rom :D you can not port all roms

for HTC Devices
    to fix network auto select,
    decompile framework-res.apk
    go to \framework-res\res\values\bools.xml change
    <bool name="skip_restoring_network_selection">true</bool>
    to false.
    to fix graphichal issues,

decompile framework.jar

change these files with cm9 base

smali\smali\android\os
    Environment
    SystemProperties
    smali\smali\android\view
    HardwareCanvas
    HardwareRenderer$Gl20Renderer
    HardwareRenderer$GlRenderer
    HardwareRenderer

enjoy!

if you like this guide, just give 5 stars to thread and click thanks button ;)

Base ROM must be a ROM for your device.. The other you download should be of the same android version from a device with similar specs(processor ram screen size etc). If your device doesn't have NFC make sure the build.prop doesn't have NFC mentioned anywhere and make sure there isn't a NFC.apk under system/apps

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
    I think I kniw what the problem is...gonna attemot a fix after dinner

EDIT i got out of the boot loops and booted into my portes slimics...now to fix the bugs...there is ALOT

thanks for the guide will def give you some credit once i get this stable...may be getting some help from another dev
    good guide

You can add

Copy etc\cron

And etc\init.d files to run RomControl fix

;)
    Ok Im telling the truth

I thought this guide was rubbish, but I looked at his thanks meter it changed my mind but i still didnt think itll work, di everything it told me, works perfectly but com.android.phone kept showing this error message every 3 seconds, added new phone.apk and telephony app from cm9 resized it to tablet values works great..