[APP+MOD][4.1.2+ | STOCK][IRC-CHANNEL][GPL] PDroid 2.0 [2013-05-16 v1.57.1]

Do you want to see PDroid2.0 at Google Play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

CollegeDev

Jun 28, 2012
SMSDispatcher.java.rej
Code:
--- root/frameworks_JB_orig/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/SMSDispatcher.java	2012-08-07 16:04:22.000000000 +0545
+++ frameworks/base/telephony/java/com/android/internal/telephony/SMSDispatcher.java	2012-09-30 19:50:49.000000000 +0545
@@ -37,7 +37,11 @@
 import android.os.Handler;
 import android.os.Message;
 import android.os.PowerManager;
+import android.os.ServiceManager;
 import android.os.SystemProperties;
+import android.privacy.IPrivacySettingsManager;
+import android.privacy.PrivacySettings;
+import android.privacy.PrivacySettingsManager;
 import android.provider.Telephony;
 import android.provider.Telephony.Sms.Intents;
 import android.telephony.PhoneNumberUtils;

You can see what happened there.

I haven't had a chance to test your incremental libcore.patch update. I am using the source right now. And I haven't looked at it since, really. But the build patch worked, libcore didn't patch at all, due to the above error finding the file it was looking for, and framework had the rejected hunk you see synopsized above.

Hey Mateo,
I've updated the libcore patch. Delete all changings in java/lang (restore.orig files) and apply new patch. With the SMS dispatcher, put all imports which marked with + in smsdispatcher.java. I will update this in the new patch tonight.

Reactions: mateorod

bonanza123

Nov 11, 2007
'schland
Hey thanks, it works fine!

But I think there is a bug, at least in the GUI (see screenshot attached, doubled Device ID entry after setting this to custom value).
I would be very helpful if you could implement an option to auto generate a random (but then constant) entry in the custom entry case. This would be very helpful e.g. for the google play applications, because 'empty' and 'random' dont work there because then the checkinservice keeps the device constantly awake. Only if you set a constant value it works as normal.

Is it possible to implement a logging feature (for specified applications) instead of the popup?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-08-18-31-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-10-08-18-31-46.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 1,014

ninno_mx

Oct 8, 2012
[*]This is a beta Version of the app, but works like a charm on my own device. I don't know if it works perfectly on all devices, so please test it

Hello CollegeDev,

thanks for this nice extended pdroid patch + application!
I compiled an image for my nexus7 and it looks good so far.

Blocking the camera is definitively working, it only records pdroid banners like it is supposed to. Faced some trouble with the patches at first,
EDIT: unnecessary after reading this thread again: [...] and i had to factory-reset my device [...] /EDIT

Compiling the source, i ran into this nasty "full framework.jar" - problem for cm_grouper:

Code:
trouble writing output: Too many methods: 65770; max is 65536. By package:
    26 android
   145 android.accessibilityservice

If anyone wants to compile a grouper image and runs into the same, you can try to add "voip/java/com/android/server/sip" to SECONDARY_FRAMEWORKS_SUBDIRS in frameworks/base/Android.mk to work around this limitation (found by trial-and-error, these are basically my first steps into the android world, so be careful).

Last edited:

ParanoidHack

Sep 29, 2012
Smali-Patch?

First, thanks for your work, looks great from what I can tell from the images :)

I'm interested in porting to an HTC SAGA ICS Stock Rom, as I did for the original PDroid patch. However, I have no AOSP build environment set up. Any chance somebody could upload smali patches or orginal and patched jars (ideally from AOSP), or are smali patches / these jars already available from the auto patcher development somewhere?

Last edited:

mateorod

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
Hey Mateo,
I've updated the libcore patch. Delete all changings in java/lang (restore.orig files) and apply new patch. With the SMS dispatcher, put all imports which marked with + in smsdispatcher.java. I will update this in the new patch tonight.

First, thanks for your work, looks great from what I can tell from the images :)

I'm interested in porting to an HTC SAGA ICS Stock Rom, as I did for the original PDroid patch. However, I have no AOSP build environment set up. Any chance somebody could upload smali patches or orginal and patched jars (ideally from AOSP), or are smali patches / these jars already available from the auto patcher development somewhere?

Will work on the package tonight, thanks.

mateorod

Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
The update to 4.1.2 yesterday broke both pastime1971's pdroid patches as well as yours. The failed hunk is the same for both, I have already talked to pastime a little about it. Here is the info and my attempts to patch it manually. Just a head's up, I doubt that it will be a huge hurdle for either of you, but it does break the compile.

Also, with the libcore patch, the patch now works, but you have it adding the PrivacyInputStream.java file twice, resulting in a failed hunk. If it is ignored, the pertinent pieces are all added, but it could confuse users.

CollegeDev

Jun 28, 2012
How to change the outgoing Caller ID?

What do you exactly mean? If you like, you can send me pm in your native language :p

Hey thanks, it works fine!

But I think there is a bug, at least in the GUI (see screenshot attached, doubled Device ID entry after setting this to custom value).
I would be very helpful if you could implement an option to auto generate a random (but then constant) entry in the custom entry case. This would be very helpful e.g. for the google play applications, because 'empty' and 'random' dont work there because then the checkinservice keeps the device constantly awake. Only if you set a constant value it works as normal.

Is it possible to implement a logging feature (for specified applications) instead of the popup?

Hey, thanks for Bug report, but I never was able to reproduce this. Can you explain it a little bit more detailed?
Yes, logging feature is nice to have will probably implement it after finished backup function.
For custom values you just have to put in numbers in right length, but I can looking forward to implement it too.
If you find any other bug, please report it!

Hello CollegeDev,

thanks for this nice extended pdroid patch + application!
I compiled an image for my nexus7 and it looks good so far.

Blocking the camera is definitively working, it only records pdroid banners like it is supposed to. Faced some trouble with the patches at first,
EDIT: unnecessary after reading this thread again: [...] and i had to factory-reset my device [...] /EDIT

Compiling the source, i ran into this nasty "full framework.jar" - problem for cm_grouper:

Code:
trouble writing output: Too many methods: 65770; max is 65536. By package:
    26 android
   145 android.accessibilityservice

If anyone wants to compile a grouper image and runs into the same, you can try to add "voip/java/com/android/server/sip" to SECONDARY_FRAMEWORKS_SUBDIRS in frameworks/base/Android.mk to work around this limitation (found by trial-and-error, these are basically my first steps into the android world, so be careful).

Thanks, but please be careful with sip phones ;)

If you ported it last time, why aren't you able to port it now?

Any News??
Would realy nice. :)

What are you thinking about?

I have been waiting for this for a long time.
Gr8 work !!!

Many thanks :)

The update to 4.1.2 yesterday broke both pastime1971's pdroid patches as well as yours. The failed hunk is the same for both, I have already talked to pastime a little about it. Here is the info and my attempts to patch it manually. Just a head's up, I doubt that it will be a huge hurdle for either of you, but it does break the compile.

Also, with the libcore patch, the patch now works, but you have it adding the PrivacyInputStream.java file twice, resulting in a failed hunk. If it is ignored, the pertinent pieces are all added, but it could confuse users.

I will have a look at it the next few nights. Why does it break compiling? I've not updated CM10 until the last release -> I don't know about source changings. Will pastime have a look at it?

Thanks, I will update the libcore patch. Too many failures last time, f*** sh***.....

Last edited:
Reactions: yhrn

mateorod

Nov 16, 2011
New Orleans
www.gigmasters.com
I will have a look at it the next few nights. Why does it break compiling? I've not updated CM10 until the last release -> I don't know about source changings. Will pastime have a look at it?

Thanks, I will update the libcore patch. Too many failures last time, f*** sh***.....

While pastime is for sure aware of the issue, I cant speak as to his availability. But he will eventually fix it if you or I do not. All the info about the compile error is at that link, I am pretty sure. I will keep looking at as well, although my java barely qualifies.

Everytime we do a big update with auto_patcher the patches break. PDroid is a moving target even when you think you have it beat..

nerbrume

Jul 24, 2011
Hi,
I'm using your SGS2 build, and so far, everything works great. Being able to set default permissions is wonderful.
Thanks a lot !

FFU5y

Feb 3, 2011
AOKP Build 4 for Galaxy Nexus patched mostly OK (JB_libcore.patch problem with something being in there twice, but easy to skip, and a rejection in the MMS app but again pretty obvious to fix). Build went fine, and it now appears to be working.
I previously had PDroid on there, and I think there were some problems because of the old database so I deleted it and rebooted the phone.

Unfortunately, I didn't get logcats of the problem with the existing database, but I don't really see the database thing as a big issue, and if it shows up again I'll try to get the logcats. (In fact, I can even revert to a backup, and re-update my rom just to grab them if you're interested).

I was planning on testing it on CM10, but I did a 'repo sync' and so now can't patch it (but I am trying to roll back to a version I can patch). I'll give more feedback as I use the phone more with this mod.

It looks great. Lots of options which I am going to have to get my head around, and that's a good thing.

ParanoidHack

Sep 29, 2012
If you ported it last time, why aren't you able to port it now?

The issue is that I do not have a AOSP build envoronment at the moment, so I cannot appy your java patches. I'd need both patched and unpatched versions of framework.jar, core.jar and services.jar (I assume this extension only applies to these jar files, if there are additional jars changed, these as well.), ideally AOSP ICS, although other versions will probably work as well. Alternatively I could use smali patches (e.g. a list of differences in the smalied version of the jars), which the auto patcher uses internally.

I haven't seen built versions of this around, but maybe I wasn't looking hard enough? Would be great if somebody could point me to these files, then :)

karamelos

Apr 6, 2012
Hi & thank's
I tested patch on paranoidandroid source but .........
Code:
patch -p1 < ~/android-pa/patches/JB_build.patch
patching file build/core/pathmap.mk
patching file build/target/product/core.mk
Hunk #3 succeeded at 120 (offset 1 line).
patching file build/target/product/security/privacy.x509.pem
& after i have error.
Code:
patch -p1 < ~/android-pa/patches/JB_framework.patch 
can't find file to patch at input line 4
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|diff -rupN '--exclude=.svn' '--exclude=.git*' '--exclude=*.java~' '--exclude=*.mk~' '--exclude=*.orig~' '--exclude=*.txt' '--exclude=*.orig' /root/frameworks_JB_orig/base/Android.mk pang/frameworks/base/Android.mk
|--- /root/frameworks_JB_orig/base/Android.mk	2012-08-07 16:03:43.000000000 +0545
|+++ pang/frameworks/base/Android.mk	2012-08-08 12:55:59.532931145 +0545
--------------------------
same for mms & framework

Do you have any plan B ? :eek:

romracer

Apr 4, 2010
Kansas City

I posted what I believe is a fix for the change to Location Services in 4.1.2 in your other thread. My compile is still going so I'm not 100% sure, but it passes the initial compile anyway.

Reactions: mateorod

testman86

Mar 23, 2012
I do not know how much I can thank you!!! :) This is THE greatest and most needed APP for Android!!! Perfect great awesome work!!!

I really care about privacy and this is the best thing which happens after the Original PDroid! Great!!!

Have a nice weekend Dude! :) :) :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. 
     * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features 
     * included in this Patch and application before flashing it! YOU are 
     * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger 
     * at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

First of all, many many thanks to svyat who developed the main application PDroid, thank you!! Before I describe some new features (and old too) I want to say that the Application PDroid2.0.apk is written completely by my own. I just took some styles from svyat to give users the "old PDroid" feeling :) It is a stand alone application and does not need PDroid itself anymore. You just have to apply my patches, install the application and have fun :)

PDroid 2.0 allows blocking access for any installed application to the following data separately:

• Device ID (IMEI/MEID/ESN)
    • Subscriber ID (IMSI)
    • SIM serial (ICCID)
    • Phone and mailbox number
    • Incoming call number
    • Outgoing call number
    • GPS location
    • Network location
    • List of accounts (including your google e-mail address)
    • Account auth tokens
    • Contacts
    • Call logs
    • Calendar
    • SMS
    • MMS
    • Browser bookmarks and history
    • System logs
    • SIM info (operator, country)
    • Network info (operator, country)
    • IP Tables(until now only for Java process)
    • Android ID
    • Call Phone
    • Send SMS
    • Send MMS
    • Record Audio
    • Access Camera
    • Force online state (fake online state to permanent online)
    • Wifi Info
    • ICC Access (integrated circuit-card access, for reading/writing sms on ICC)
    • Switch network state (e.g. mobile network)
    • Switch Wifi State
    • Start on Boot (prevents that application gets the INTENT_BOOT_COMPLETE Broadcast)

• Big credits to ce4. He is the first donator. Many thanks :)
    • Another thankful guy: schertling. Thank you for your donation :)
    • Thanks to MacDog_AU, who also donated a beer :)
    Big thanks to following translators of PDroid2.0, who made the app available in their native language:

PDroid2.0 Flash-Repo:
    @ all guys who ever build a ROM with PDroid2.0, please upload the ROM here and post it in this thread or send me the link via pn. I need following additional information:
    • What ROM is it?
    • When do you build it (optional)
    • Which version of PDroid is included (Framework)
    • For which device is the ROM
    You will get full credits in the OP and the link for the REPO will also be present inside the description for the app in googleplay.

How does it work? Just download the ROM for your device and flash it. Then you're able to use PDroid2.0!
    Side-Note related the devices:
    Nexus 4 = mako
    Nexus 7 Wi-Fi = grouper
    Nexus 7 GSM = tilapia
    Nexus 10 = manta
    THX to Koetermann!

• ROM: PACMAN
      Date: 02.15.2013
      MD5: c810f45732bf1f3fd82eccd7bfda2ca0
      PD-Version: 1.57
      Contributor: AuSSiELaMbChOpS
      Download: here
      ----------------------------------------------
    • ROM: CM10.1
      Date: 18.05.2013
      MD5: unknown
      Side-Note: Also includes kernel patches needed for DriveDroid to let you boot your computer from an iso image on your phone.
      Contributor: jpeg725

Galaxy Note 2 (N7100):

Date: 15.05.2013
      MD5: db79e0530214299120409be241063a1e
      Contributor: biglsd
      MD5: daa60cde908b43addc8be9e711cb6c2e

MD5: bcdfee8a5b18b31871cc992ee875810d
      Contributor: optx
      Date: 12.05.2013
      MD5: 7d3baba799c4b65ee2aeabf8d56d9839
      Contributor: Koetermann
      Date: 19.05.2013
      MD5: b5d07c91c12c913cf6aa06f3f45ef56f
      Date: 23.05.2013
      MD5: 9d147c00d863723f801c1e434e51b77f
    • ROM: JellyBeer
      Date: 16.05.2013
      MD5: b5d07c91c12c913cf6aa06f3f45ef56f

MD5: baa6445ae4162666010509bdcce8ad7c

Samsung tab 2 7" (p3100)

MD5: 93de5d7866b1cee7bc224fb4411380f1

Google Nexus 10 (manta)

Date: 11.05.2013
      MD5: bf19181df5d4b76e4b218ee5a31a58cf

Date: 10.05.2013
      MD5: unknown
      Contributor: Hired Geek

Samsung Galaxy Note (n7000)

MD5: 16bb075282405af00ce9eb47b7e6eee5
      Contributor: I900-Nutzer

ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco

• ROM: CM10.1 by KonstaT
      MD5: 5ab4126a095ddb9329c831e0a10e7e2d

Galaxy Nexus GSM (Maguro) (i9250)

MD5: da95b698cbdeb9da4285e1629047b9be
      Contributor: Teemoo

Samsung Nexus S (crespo)

Date: 21.05.2013
      MD5: 3c98c8056a65b4f0709e61bc736d9100
      Contributor: En0id

Samsung Galaxy S (i9000)

Date: 24.05.2013
      MD5: d5e8a8ccf40aa8f4a239479a73b94ff2

galaxy note 1 (n7000)

Date: 24.05.2013
      MD5: b790483b2d17627c7e5cb55fd31b64ab
      Contributor: karamelos
    • ROM: SlimRom v5.6
      MD5: b46740fcbf0e8688707863be88704d86
    • ROM: JellyBeer v4.20
      Date: 22.05.2013
      MD5: 0703f5730b8e90b83cca980f83f801e5
    • ROM: PACman v22.3.0
      MD5: c84cfaeda5fb9fb651030f740353a9fd
    this release is a prerelease
    I'm ready now and want to pull out a pre-release of PDroid2.0 v1.54. Please feel free to test it and report bugs if there are any :).
    The patches are not tested so please report if anything fails! I'm now going to host all this stuff on github asap.

News related to the Manager Application:

• fixed angry birds bugs (multiple apps with same name can't access the privacy settings)
    • Fixed bug in batch profile mode where also system apps gets the profile instead of user only
    • Minor GUI improvements -> new dialog layout, fixed layout for devices which have no hard-keyboard, fixed layout for tablets (ou, that was ugly), a lot of more gui improvements
    • Added Random button in batch profile mode
    • Added random and clear button in the settings dialog if you want to add custom values
    • Added installed notification preference, now you can disable instant notification
    • Changed the update notification to smartmode -> same function as discussed in thread. Only if permissions changed you will get instant notification
    • Fixed the search bar
    • Fixed the keyboard bug if you leave pdroid with home button
    • Added failSafeMode handler(description look at core feature)
    • Added persistence notification in notificationbar which is showing current protection state(logging state, failsafeMode state, current PermissionMode, Database Connection Error Count or Manager Connection Error Count). You're also able to quick access settings, preferences, and logs
    • Switch Debug mode for core logging feature
    • Disable applications handling (description look at core feature)
    • Additional information in "Core and App Information" to see which current hardcoded default deny mode is active
    • many more...

News related to Core:

• Fixed llam bug
    • fixed google listen crashed
    • fixed camera bug (thx to MB66)
    • a lot of more fixes. I can't listen them all here, if you want to know some specific fixes, just ask for :)
    • Fixed the announced security bugs (thx to FFuy5)
    • Fixed bug where users have to delete the privacyDatabases to upgrade to PDroid2.0 or OpenPDroid
    • Fixed more security related bugs (every app was able to create its own data access log and a lot of more)
    • Implemented FailSafeMode with self recovery: Until the latest versions every root application was able to delete your privacy database which causes that all "doors" are open and PDroid decided to give the applications the real value. It also was able to modify entries inside of the database for ALL applications and change the settings. But what is the FailSafeMode? This mode is permament watching for unauthorized database accesses. That means if anyone tries to make changes in your privacy database or delete it to get your personal information PDroid triggers the FailSafeMode. The database and all current settings will be deleted and the return values of all settings will be empty, so all accesses will be blocked while you're in FailSafeMode. If PDroid detects a possible attack you will get an instant notification which informs you about the attack and that your system is now in FailSafeMode. After that PDroid tries to handle this case itself, that means it will try to recover the latest privacySettings and set up PDroid from scratch. It will take some seconds and you will receive another notification if the recovery was successful or not. Than you can go to preferences and deactivate the failSafeMode. Now your system is safe again! Once again, if you're currently in FailSafeMode, no application is able to get your personal information.
    • Implemented a core Privacy Debugging Bridge (PDB): A lot of developers wrote me emails and asked for such a feature. Here it is. With the latest version I wasn't able to detect a bug directly because of missing framework logs. But if you logging the whole time the problem is that your system logs will blow out, that's bad. Now you can enable and disable the core logging by enable/disable the preference in PDroid2.0. It alos has the advantage that you can now provide PDroid2.0 logs in a very effective way. You just have to open CatLog or other LogCat readers and type in the tag field "PDroid2.0". Now only core logs which are related to PDroid2.0 will appear and I can have a look at it.
    • enhanced core logging -> Added additional core logging information for EVERY class, now I'm able to give better support.
    • Restructured - partial or complete rewritten PDroid related framework classes. I did it because I implemented also a hardcoded default deny mode
    • Enhanced complete database threading (in a similar way ffuy5 did it, but not the same)
    • Added complete privacyCaching: I've added a complete privacy Cache handling system which allows very effectiv privacy settings access. Why you did that? If you open the Database in android it will cost a lot of CPU and that causes more battery consumption. PDroid open and closes the database a lot of times and that will cause a lot of battery and cpu consumption of your device. Harmful applications can hammer on the settings and your system will lag, that's not good at all! Now you can say: "ok, then i just leave the db connection open". Yes you can, but if you read the developers guide on android you will see that it is not a good way to do it. Summary: The cache will save battery, preserves your cpu. The only disadvantage of this is that it needs more memory, but you will never notice that :)
    • Fixed horrible service connection bug: Until now the problem is that the connection to the privacy service often fails. This causes some privacy information leaked. How did you implemented it? I was able to implement a central reconnection management. Now, on every dataaccess the system tries to connect to the service 5 times, if that fails the hardcoded default deny mode will trigger (description below). I'm running this bugFix now 3-5 weeks and never noticed (I have implemented a counter which is watching this error) a connection failure anymore.
    • Implemented a hardcoded default deny mode: This mode is the last and deepest "surface" which prevents PDroid2.0 from leaking data. What will happen if ever security mechanism fails? The answer is the default deny mode. The default deny mode is hardcoded and cannot be changed dynamically. People who compiling by their own can easily change this hardcoded mode. They have just to change one variable. You can decide between 3 modes: EMPTY, REAL, RANDOM. Just adjust this setting before you compile. You can easily check the current default deny mode of your framework in the manager application at "Core and App information". If you have notification enabled, you will get a special notification which indicates that the default deny mode was active. Btw: since I've fixed this bug I've never noticed that this hardcoded surface was active. So now PDroid works really really stable.
    • Implement disabling apps feature: The disabling apps feature allows you to automatically disable (freeze) the application until you've commit and saved the settings of the new installed application. There are some additional features (like freeze also system apps or freeze on update ....) which allows you to fine tune your settings. This feature will not disable the application like TitaniumBackup does. It search for every provider, receiver, activity or service and deactivates them. So the application cannot receive broadcast's or whatever until you enabled it.
    • Implemented/enhanced task Killing feature: First: the task killing feature is NOT similar to other task-killer you've ever seen on android. It does not showing you current running processes or whatever. With this feature you're able to FORCE CLOSE an application, similar to the force-close-button in the detailed app screen on android. Why should I need this feature? Sometimes you don't want that applications like face-book or google-play running in background. Normal taskkiller are not able to kill background service so task-killing won't work. With PDroid2.0 you can just kill them and they won't restart anymore until you opened the application by yourself.
    • many more.....

For people who compile by their own, you can change the dafault deny mode in the package android.privacy [class PrivacySettings.java].
    Just change this line:
    Code:
    public static final int CURRENT_DEFAULT_DENY_MODE = DEFAULT_DENY_EMPTY;
    to your demanded mode. Examples:
    Empty
    Code:
    public static final int CURRENT_DEFAULT_DENY_MODE = DEFAULT_DENY_EMPTY;
    Real
    Code:
    public static final int CURRENT_DEFAULT_DENY_MODE = DEFAULT_DENY_REAL;
    Random
    Code:
    public static final int CURRENT_DEFAULT_DENY_MODE = DEFAULT_DENY_RANDOM;

Ready Build for SGS2:
    I'm not sure if this build contains the latest changes. If it doesn't work for you please get in touch with me.

Preview:
    screenshot20130128211633B5V5A.png
    screenshot20130128211703G76OC.png
    screenshot201302081534243LNRN.png
    screenshot20130208153447SJ73G.png
    screenshot20130208153457ABJ5T.png
    screenshot20130208153522B39QZ.png
    screenshot201302081537554HJUP.png
    screenshot20130208154959FJKC9.png
    Hey,

here I am. Hopefully back in business with PDroid2.0 :D I know a lot of people sitting on needles and can't wait until the new version released. I can understand you :) So, I would like to answer some questions:

Why you need so much time for the next release?
    First: I have a real life and had a lot to do last time so I wasn't able to work on PDroid2.0 the whole time.
    Second: I've restructured a lot in the framework and the core is now partial rewritten by me, more detailed description will follow below.

What the state of the current development?
    I'm now running Android 4.2.1 for 2-3 Weeks and it is working really stable now. I've finished my work at the last night and it need just a little bit of testing, but there is one BIG problem. The "upload electronic" (in german it calls "ladeelektronik", hopefully it is the right word in english...) of my device is damaged. I have to save some money to get a new device :( Now I only can test my work with the device of my girlfriend if she allows that :laugh: I just need to update the CM10.1 version and check if my code fits with the newest updates (I'm currently developing with a nightly which is older than 1 month) and then I will build the patches and release them.

It took a long time until you released your new version. Can I except a bunch of "changings"?
    Yes, you can. There are a lot of changings in the new version at the CORE and Application itself. The only disadvantage of this is that it is not compatible with OpenPDroid or older version of PDroid2.0. I will looking forward to make a compatible version, but you all sitting on needles to get it and I will release the "pre-version" of it.

News related to the Manager Application:

• fixed angry birds bugs (multiple apps with same name can't access the privacy settings)
    • Fixed bug in batch profile mode where also system apps gets the profile instead of user only
    • Minor GUI improvements -> new dialog layout, fixed layout for devices which have no hard-keyboard, fixed layout for tablets (ou, that was ugly), a lot of more gui improvements
    • Added Random button in batch profile mode
    • Added random and clear button in the settings dialog if you want to add custom values
    • Added installed notification preference, now you can disable instant notification
    • Changed the update notification to smartmode -> same function as discussed in thread. Only if permissions changed you will get instant notification
    • Fixed the search bar
    • Fixed the keyboard bug if you leave pdroid with home button
    • Added failSafeMode handler(description look at core feature)
    • Added persistence notification in notificationbar which is showing current protection state(logging state, failsafeMode state, current PermissionMode, Database Connection Error Count or Manager Connection Error Count). You're also able to quick access settings, preferences, and logs
    • Switch Debug mode for core logging feature
    • Disable applications handling (description look at core feature)
    • Additional information in "Core and App Information" to see which current hardcoded default deny mode is active
    • many more...

News related to Core:

• Fixed llam bug
    • fixed google listen crashed
    • fixed camera bug (thx to MB66)
    • a lot of more fixes. I can't listen them all here, if you want to know some specific fixes, just ask for :)
    • Fixed the announced security bugs (thx to FFuy5)
    • Fixed more security related bugs (every app was able to create its own data access log and a lot of more)
    • Implemented FailSafeMode with self recovery: Until the latest versions every root application was able to delete your privacy database which causes that all "doors" are open and PDroid decided to give the applications the real value. It also was able to modify entries inside of the database for ALL applications and change the settings. But what is the FailSafeMode? This mode is permament watching for unauthorized database accesses. That means if anyone tries to make changes in your privacy database or delete it to get your personal information PDroid triggers the FailSafeMode. The database and all current settings will be deleted and the return values of all settings will be empty, so all accesses will be blocked while you're in FailSafeMode. If PDroid detects a possible attack you will get an instant notification which informs you about the attack and that your system is now in FailSafeMode. After that PDroid tries to handle this case itself, that means it will try to recover the latest privacySettings and set up PDroid from scratch. It will take some seconds and you will receive another notification if the recovery was successful or not. Than you can go to preferences and deactivate the failSafeMode. Now your system is safe again! Once again, if you're currently in FailSafeMode, no application is able to get your personal information.
    • Implemented a core Privacy Debugging Bridge (PDB): A lot of developers wrote me emails and asked for such a feature. Here it is. With the latest version I wasn't able to detect a bug directly because of missing framework logs. But if you logging the whole time the problem is that your system logs will blow out, that's bad. Now you can enable and disable the core logging by enable/disable the preference in PDroid2.0. It alos has the advantage that you can now provide PDroid2.0 logs in a very effective way. You just have to open CatLog or other LogCat readers and type in the tag field "PDroid2.0". Now only core logs which are related to PDroid2.0 will appear and I can have a look at it.
    • enhanced core logging -> Added additional core logging information for EVERY class, now I'm able to give better support.
    • Restructured - partial or complete rewritten PDroid related framework classes. I did it because I implemented also a hardcoded default deny mode
    • Enhanced complete database threading (in a similar way ffuy5 did it, but not the same)
    • Added complete privacyCaching: I've added a complete privacy Cache handling system which allows very effectiv privacy settings access. Why you did that? If you open the Database in android it will cost a lot of CPU and that causes more battery consumption. PDroid open and closes the database a lot of times and that will cause a lot of battery and cpu consumption of your device. Harmful applications can hammer on the settings and your system will lag, that's not good at all! Now you can say: "ok, then i just leave the db connection open". Yes you can, but if you read the developers guide on android you will see that it is not a good way to do it. Summary: The cache will save battery, preserves your cpu. The only disadvantage of this is that it needs more memory, but you will never notice that :)
    • Fixed horrible service connection bug: Until now the problem is that the connection to the privacy service often fails. This causes some privacy information leaked. How did you implemented it? I was able to implement a central reconnection management. Now, on every dataaccess the system tries to connect to the service 5 times, if that fails the hardcoded default deny mode will trigger (description below). I'm running this bugFix now 3-5 weeks and never noticed (I have implemented a counter which is watching this error) a connection failure anymore.
    • Implemented a hardcoded default deny mode: This mode is the last and deepest "surface" which prevents PDroid2.0 from leaking data. What will happen if ever security mechanism fails? The answer is the default deny mode. The default deny mode is hardcoded and cannot be changed dynamically. People who compiling by their own can easily change this hardcoded mode. They have just to change one variable. You can decide between 3 modes: EMPTY, REAL, RANDOM. Just adjust this setting before you compile. You can easily check the current default deny mode of your framework in the manager application at "Core and App information". If you have notification enabled, you will get a special notification which indicates that the default deny mode was active. Btw: since I've fixed this bug I've never noticed that this hardcoded surface was active. So now PDroid works really really stable.
    • Implement disabling apps feature: The disabling apps feature allows you to automatically disable (freeze) the application until you've commit and saved the settings of the new installed application. There are some additional features (like freeze also system apps or freeze on update ....) which allows you to fine tune your settings. This feature will not disable the application like TitaniumBackup does. It search for every provider, receiver, activity or service and deactivates them. So the application cannot receive broadcast's or whatever until you enabled it.
    • Implemented/enhanced task Killing feature: First: the task killing feature is NOT similar to other task-killer you've ever seen on android. It does not showing you current running processes or whatever. With this feature you're able to FORCE CLOSE an application, similar to the force-close-button in the detailed app screen on android. Why should I need this feature? Sometimes you don't want that applications like face-book or google-play running in background. Normal taskkiller are not able to kill background service so task-killing won't work. With PDroid2.0 you can just kill them and they won't restart anymore until you opened the application by yourself.
    • many more.....

Now I have no more time to write and hopefully I will edit this post soon.
    @All people who tries to get in touch with me via PM or email (flooded :eek:) I will answer as fast as I can. But the highest priority now is to release the new Version of PDroid2.0 ASAP.
    Thanks for reading this post and hopefully you can understand my text. If not, just ask, because I wrote this text very fast....
    It also works with TWRP. Tested it on my i9300.

@CollegeDev: Could you edit the OP concerning to TWRP?

Regards

Koetermann

Yes, I will do it.

News:
    PDroid2.0 goes now to Github. :good::good:

I'm currently learning how to handle sources with github and if anyone has a good solution how I can sync my sources with Github -> please get in touch with me, thanks

You can find me on GitHub for this application under following link:
    https://github.com/CollegeDev/PDroid2.0_Manager
    Other repos:
    https://github.com/CollegeDev/PDroid2.0_Manager_Compiled -> here you can download the newest builds under the "devil" branch
    https://github.com/CollegeDev/PDroid2.0_Framework_Patches -> patches

You can now open issues and enhancements if you like :)