how to: hurricane unlock, patch and upgrade wm 6.1(selang09) ***

Search This thread

oraeanast

Feb 19, 2008
What an ungrateful & rude person you are. YOUR phone was bricked when YOU decided to try something on it. No-one forced you to attempt it.
As you may have guessed from other responses here, most of us have flashed this and other ROMs with no problem.
Is it definitely bricked? Have you tried various recovery techniques.
Have you previously tried asking for assistance in a non-confrontational manner, or even just asking for assistance?

Last time i checked.. im entitled to my opinion. And im not a noob if that is what you are getting at. I have much experience with HTC devices, expecially ones running WMO. Bootloader will not launch... and various .exe command files executed through terminal can not force it into BL either. Trust me, its BRICKED. No connect of any sort from computer, not even a (da-ding) when i plug it in. Don't get my wrong... I understand that the second I type in xda-dev into my address bar the brick-risk percentage escalates from 0% to 99% for any phone. It seemed like an extremely simple tutorial, so i did it exactly as stated... only to receive a brick. Clearly by doing this, the person who started this thread was not intending to tell people how to brick... but hey it happens. Figured since the thread-starter has no WARNINGS (that are required to be there) it was for the most part safe. My SDA is bricked and I figured I'd let people know how I felt about it. As for an ungrateful and rude person, you dont know me -- so do not judge me... especial over and online forum (haha) You may want to re-read my post becuase it seems to me that i merely potsed a log of what i did, what happened, and what the result was (along with a little sarcasm). Any dev would appreciate feedback. The only vulgar words was BS and that was just because I was like grrr yet another brick to toss in my drawer.
Moreover, no biggie I like my g1 better anyway lol.
If anybody is willing to sell me a SDA Main Board for cheap hit me up!

SilentlyScreaming

Feb 7, 2008
Astana
chrismerriman.com
OK, so we're both entitled to our opinions.
I apologize if I over-reacted, and TBH, yes I assumed you were a newbie. From my false assumption (my bad), I thought it sounded like you'd dived into something without any research, bricked your phone, and were now just lashing out at the OP.

I'm sorry your phone is dead, and I hope you manage to sort it one way or another.

I'm also jealous you have a G1. I'm stuck on my Hurricane for another 5 months or so until I can get my TyTnII screen fixed.

Anyway, I digress, sorry for assuming you were a school kid that had not followed instructions and was now throwing a tantrum. Hope you find a source for a cheap mainboard.

ac2806

Oct 21, 2009
Hi
I tested this ROM some days without problems, only the MMS were not really working because there were no MMS network settings.
Today I inserted my memory card with Tomtom 5.2 installed and now after entering the pin it hangs up and only shows a white screen. If I press the "hang up" button there is the Enter SIM Pin dialog and "waiting .." is written. No other button is working.
I waited a half hour but nothing happened. Removing the memory card didn't solve the problem.
What shall I do?

3d.dido

Sep 14, 2007
Ruse
Is there some way

Hi
I have a SPV C550 Orange - the phone was very slow and may say not workable.

What I do & what happen
1. Hard reset - L + R soft buttons + power
2. answer 0
3. phone become live and star to responding
4. cert.cab --> dont start because for some reasons the software isnt compatible
5. SDA_applicationUnlock --> return the device is unlockable
6. SPVServices --> crashed with windows error
7. Patched_RUU --> work but ...
"do the same thing we did before, hold the camera button and it will show you a 3 colour screen. but this time it will say
need an I U(0)?" --> this message is not appear at all.
9. MMTY142 --> successufuly connected to device but only "info 2" run well
"format BINFS" --> is forbiden - I meen because 4. 5. 6. not pass right.

Now the question:
Is there some way to flash the Hurricane. At the "ubrhurricane.rar" have ROMUpdateUtility.exe and *.nbf - I have Qtek S200 and HP 6828 and both devices pass flashed well.

What will be happened if I rename 413.bin to 413.nbf and try to flash device with ROMUpdateUtility.exe

SilentlyScreaming

Feb 7, 2008
Astana
chrismerriman.com
Sorry I can't help on the question above.
Just a quick note, I mentioned previously that I had around 2mb of storage space left on the device itself. Today the phone crashed (wouldn't progress beyond successful PIN entry at turning on), so I decided to try out option 2 during boot up. Phone worked again. I then cleared the hive, and I now have ~12Mb of storage space.
So if you have what you need backed up, and can selectively restore, it could be well worth clearing the hive when you flash.

kaiserstumm

Dec 30, 2008
Got one SDA to unlock here...have instaled the Cert.cab on the phone with sucsses but when I run the SPVServices.exe and type AGREE the program freezes and just sends the error report and close..have tryed it on two PC-s...what could be the prob:confused:

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
It seems that the Orange Devices have special security settings in the OS that does not allow the SDA-Unlock to do its job. Luckily there is another way to get it done. Run the attached file on the PC, it will install a tool that runs on the device and basically "macros" the HTC-signed Reg-editor to enter the changed security settings to the registry. After a reboot you can run SDA Unlock and continue.

Attachments

• HTCUnlock-CVS.zip
    134.7 KB · Views: 79
May 12, 2006
I would like to ask you guys for some assistance.
Everything has been going great untill after the format BINFS. Here is the log of MMTY and some other basic info:

Current ROM: TE_TMOUK_101584_13145_0160_Ship.exe
Hurricane
IPL 1.00.15
Hurricane
SPL 1.00.84
Hurricane

After Patched_RUU:

Hurricane
IPL 1.00.15
Hurricane
SPL 1.00.100
Hurricane

MMTY logging:

info 2
GetDeviceInfo=0x00000002
+ SD Controller init
- SD Controller init
+StorageInit
CMD55 failed
+ SD Controller init
- SD Controller init
+StorageInit
CMD55 failed
HTCSSuperCID ' HTCE
Cmd>
Cmd>format BINFS
Format BinFS partition.
Format is completed!!
Cmd>
Cmd> | c:\413.bin
Invalid command : | c:\413.bin
For a help screen, use command ? or h
Cmd>?
Invalid command : ?
For a help screen, use command ? or h
Cmd>

Now i can't seem to be able to update the rom... I have AS terminated and i'm in the bootloader screen with IU enabled. Am i missing something here?

I will now try to download the Patched RUU SPL from another download location see if it helps as in the other post regarding the failure to flash a Rom... Will update soon.

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
Which command are you entering at the end?
As I read the doc at the bottom it should be:
l path<filename>
where the first character is a small letter "L" (for load).
You seem to use the pipe character "|" and this does not work.

May 12, 2006
Hahahha yes you're right. Damn. That was stupid of me.

l c:\413.bin
clean up the image temp buffer at 0x8C080000 Length 0x01C40000
MTTYDownloadImage "c:\413.bin"
:F=c:\413.bin
start download
SAddress 82040000Hh Length 02500000h
Before flashing new image , formatting old OS is completed!!
Start flashing new image!!!
*OEMFlashWrite(82040000h,8C080000h,01C00000h)
Update BINFS offset 0x00000000 length 0x01C00000 ...
WBinFS D=0x0 L=0x1C00000 CS=0xD416BFB0
WBINFS from S 0 l=29360128 57344 SS
ReadB A=0x0 L=0x1C00000 CS=0xD416BFB0
Update BINFS success.
*Image Download Finish
OEMFlashWrite(83C40000h,8C080000h,00900000h)
Update BINFS offset 0x01C00000 length 0x00900000 ...
WBinFS D=0x1C00000 L=0x900000 CS=0x458B7581
WBINFS from S 57344 l=9437184 18432 SS
ReadB A=0x1C00000 L=0x900000 CS=0x458B7581
Update BINFS success.
Please reset the device to restart the program!!
DownloadImage success.
Cmd>ResetDevice

And it works :) Thanks for the pointer!

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
I have no Hurricane to check, but does the command "format BINFS" actually also accept a parameter <size>? It does this for the Tornado and you can reclaim device storage space from the flash if the loaded flash-image is smaller than the previously loaded. This works in 1MB increments. Look up this thread (post 2): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=491240

If you leave out the <size> it will format to the previously allocated size of the BINFS partition. You must make sure that loaded image fits into the partition - no need to tell you that...

Nov 7, 2009
after that my phone cant on

we will now patch the ruu,
you will need to turn your phone off and hold the camera button whilst putting the usb into the phone. this will turn it on and show you a three colour screen. go to the spl folder use Patched_RUU.exe to flash your phone, after the bar has reached 100% you can unplug the phone. and turn it off.
plz psot here how to on my phone

Jurdz

May 24, 2006
in the unlock folder you will find SPVServices.exe click SIMLock Tool and let it do its magic, after this click CID Tool. This will set your phones CID to 1111...

If I run this exe from my laptop (windows 7) I just get a message saying

"Unable to create new document"

If i copy it to the phoen and run it from there I get a "website" window with "related Searches". No sign of SimLock Tool???

SilentlyScreaming

Feb 7, 2008
Astana
chrismerriman.com
Do you get the same error if you run the exe either in admin more, or compatibility mode (XP SP3 or similar)?

Right click the EXE, click the compatibility tab to access the tick boxes you need for XP compat., or right click and run as admin for admin access.

Not guaranteed to work, but worth trying first, if you haven't already.

Jurdz

May 24, 2006
nope.

tried running as admin - no luck
tried compatibility for xp sp3 - no luck
tried compatibility for xp sp2 - no luck

still get "unable to create new document"

Does the zip file need to be unzipped anywhere in particular? I just want to rule that one out.

SilentlyScreaming

Feb 7, 2008
Astana
chrismerriman.com
Where are you unzipping the files to? Only thing I can think of right now that might be Win7 related might be that some folders are protected, like if you put something within program files (and /program files x86 if Win7 64 bit I think). That said, I think run as admin would stop that being an issue.

Can we re-check the obvious.
Have you deleted the original files you downloaded, and re-downloaded them again?

Is the error message that mentions not being able to create a new doc something that looks like a generic Windows message, or is it an error message/text from within the SPVServices program internally?

Are you definitely running the program once it has been extracted, or just double clicking from within WinRAr/WinZip/7-zip

tobbbie

Jan 5, 2007
Stuttgart
SPVservices needs a web-service for the decoding of the encrypted block. This is no more available since about a year. Look up the "Lokiwiz" tool that can do it locally. Mind that wrong use could make the device unusable for any SIMcard, so be careful.

Jurdz

May 24, 2006
Thanks for the help guys. I did find the lokiwiz stuff and tried that too. However on running that, it said that it couldnt copy or update itsutils.dll. So I cant go any further until thats done.

As a matter of info, on the tri-color screen on my phone the info is :

RED
Hurricane
IPL 1.00.15

GREEN
Hurricane
SPL 1.00.84

BLUE
Hurricane