[APP 07.06] I C THRU U 1.0 Final - Auto Transparent Wallpapers (WM6.5 & M2D)

Search This thread

Jumba

Nov 16, 2008
Johannesburg
I C THRU U v.1.0 Final

ictu-interfwq-c.jpg
ictu-13.png
ictu-14.png

About ICTU

I C Thru U is a tool for WM6.5.x and Manila2D version 2.0 and lower (not Manila3D - version 2.1-2.5) that automatically crops sections from your wallpaper and sets them as the backgrounds to your taskbar and softkey bars so they appear "transparent". Of course this isn't real transparency but it's the next best thing. ;) It can also do some other tricks like scaling large images to fit, removing the background from the softkey buttons, making all Manila elements on the home tab transparent, etc.

ICTU works with W|QVGA and W|VGA resolutions. Install to your device and run via the "I C Thru U" shortcut. When clicked, you will be asked to select from a menu of options - Backup, Restore, Current Wallpaper and New Wallpaper. I advise you to make a backup before continuing.

Clicking "Current Wallpaper" or "New Wallpaper" will take you to the main selection screen where you can choose which parts to make transparent. Take a look at the screenshot above - it's arranged so you simply click the button for the transparency you want to apply, e.g. the first button makes the start menu transparent, the second makes the taskbar transparent, and so on. If you clicked "New Wallpaper" it will first let you choose a new image then apply the transparency you have selected.

Please note: Because this new version uses a more complex method of resizing and cropping, some operations will take longer than they did in the older version. Sometimes it may appear like nothing is happening, but please do wait for the app to finish. You will be prompted to restart when done, or Manila will auto-refresh.

Have fun! To return to your previous settings either restore your backup or re-select your themes in Settings>Home as well as in M2DC.

Updates:

07.06 - 1.0 Final - Fixed a small error in the backup script, fairly confident everything is running smoothly now. Also included scripts to remove any left-over files and registry entries after uninstalling.
07.06 - 1.0RC - Lots of improvements, stability and added features. Now the app lets you scale/crop large images to fit, automatically syncs the Manila and Today wallpapers, allows for the removal of all Manila backgrounds on the home tab, transparent start menu background, no need to restart after making changes to Manila, etc. Please test.
01.06 - 1.0b5 - After many attempts, the app with gui should new be working. :p
01.06 - 1.0b4 - Hopefully this will have fixed the startup bug introduced in v1.0b3, please test.
(removed) 31.05 - 1.0b3 - There was a problem with applying transparency twice in succession - that should now be fixed.
Sorry guys, had to remove the previous 1.0 betas, they weren't working on some devices. Will try and solve the problem. In the meantime, try an earlier version.
(removed) 31.05 - 1.0b2 - Please download the new beta - I think it will have fixed the "include" error. Also, the app can now be installed to your memory card and you don't have to have Mortscript installed!! Thanks magawa. :)
(removed) 31.05 - 1.0b1 - MAJOR UPDATE: The app now has a GUI of sorts.
30.05 - 0.9 and earlier - Test builds

For the resizing and conversion this script uses ImgResize.exe by Andrew Coates, the interface uses cimg.exe by Cyclonezephyrxz7 and JMLMenu by JMHL/MichelDiamond. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Jumba

Nov 16, 2008
Johannesburg
Known Issues:

1. There is a known issue with resizing certain images. Sometimes the app reports an Out of Memory Error - this is caused when the image is too big, or there is some other internal error. This occurs only with certain images and I am trying to solve it.
2. The piece of wallpaper for the top bar is actually a duplication of the part just below it, so it will appear like the wallpaper is repeated at the top - this is a limitation of WinMo I'm afraid (well, at least it is in 6.5.3), because the wallpaper actually only starts 18/36 pixels from the top of the screen. Hope that makes sense.
3. Sometimes the Manila slider and button don't look so good when transparent, because without the button you can see through to the icon below - this isn't always a problem but sometimes it doesn't look good. Solve this by leaving the slider and button untouched, or only make the slider transparent. Play around and see what works for you.
4. If you have an issue with your start menu going screwy (this sometimes happens after changing themes in Settings > Home) try re-selecting your wallpaper in ICTU.
5. This was tested on an Omnia using WM 6.5.3 - things may work differently for other builds and resolutions. I take no responsibility for damage to your unit. ;)

Planned:

- Save layout as a single skin file so you can have multiple saves, and you can share skins with others!
- Multiple backup/restore slots

Last edited:

srgudhka

thanks.

great app. works perfect on my qvga device.

here is a screenshot.
i have a little suggestion. is it possible to use this app w/o manila installed in device.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1,631
Last edited:

magawa

Apr 29, 2009
Nice MortScript JOB

Thanks

edit : Ican make an exe file for your script just give a small picture for your app 64×64

Last edited:

magawa

Apr 29, 2009
Thanks m8, that would be really awesome!

But, is it an easy process to make into an exe? I can't keep asking you to convert it each time there's an update. :p

No problem to me

I will Make the EXE read your script for better view and I will add wm6.5 start menu picture

Now I need a picture for it

124×124 and 48×48 if you can

124 × 124 for startmenu
48 × 48 for EXE picture was 64 sorry

Last edited:

Jumba

Nov 16, 2008
Johannesburg
No problem to me

I will Make the EXE read your script for better view and I will add wm6.5 start menu picture

Now I need a picture for it

124×124 and 48×48 if you can

124 × 124 for startmenu
48 × 48 for EXE picture was 64 sorry

Great stuff, you're a champ. I will get to work on an icon right away.

Please use the latest version 0.7 - I've done some minor tweaks.

Thanks m8, just for the record, what res is your device?

Last edited:

magawa

Apr 29, 2009
Great stuff, you're a champ. I will get to work on an icon right away.

waiting ................

EXE finished

the exe file reads the script only
and you can just edit the script only without touching the exe

is that helps You ??

Last edited:

magawa

Apr 29, 2009
Ah, I see now. That helps me a great deal, many thanks. I will send the icon soon.

EXE working and testing

nice program and working 100% in my device with my rom

but I have this problem with m2d todaypage that the wallpaper is different ( it uses old hh_background )

see picture:

screenshot1nb.png

cheers

Last edited:

Jumba

Nov 16, 2008
Johannesburg
EXE working and testing

nice program and working 100% in my device with my rom

but I have this problem with m2d todaypage that the wallpaper is different

see picture:

cheers

Great that it's working on your device.

Regarding the todaypage issue, I did try to overwrite hh_fw_background.png using Mortscript but it's completely locked (even with attribs set to FALSE). :( If you know of a way to unlock it then I'd love to know.

The answer is to set your Manila wallpaper to "\Windows\stwater_yourwidth_yourheight.png" - unless there's some other way to set it automatically and refresh Manila...

Please find attached the icons!

Last edited:

magawa

Apr 29, 2009
Great that it's working on your device.

Regarding the todaypage issue, I did try to overwrite hh_fw_background.png using Mortscript but it's completely locked (even with attribs set to FALSE). :( If you know of a way to unlock it then I'd love to know.

The answer is to set your Manila wallpaper to "\Windows\stwater_yourwidth_yourheight.png" - unless there's some other way to set it automatically and refresh Manila...

Please find attached the icons!

you can make the script make the hh_background it will be better and for sure ram sweeper ( am poor in english but U understand me ;) )

P.S : SEE THE ATTACH

the program in exe and with your icon in start menu and the EXE :)

and if you want to update the script just edit it and the exe will handle it :)

that's better huh ??

But DONT change the name of the main script and the EXE

CHEERS

Jumba

Nov 16, 2008
Johannesburg
you can make the script make the hh_background it will be better and for sure ram sweeper ( am poor in english but U understand me ;) )

Well that's the problem you see, I have already tried many different ways to overwrite the file but it won't let me. I set READ ONLY to FALSE, and even then it doesn't overwrite it. If you know a solution to this please let me know. ;)

P.S : SEE THE ATTACH

CHEERS

Many thanks! It works perfectly. :D

magawa

Apr 29, 2009
Well that's the problem you see, I have already tried many different ways to overwrite the file but it won't let me. I set READ ONLY to FALSE, and even then it doesn't overwrite it. If you know a solution to this please let me know. ;)

Many thanks! It works perfectly. :D

yes I understand now

Glad to see it working

Don't forget to mention Me friend
wink.gif

edit : the EXE will not be with the source files OK ?!

and I didn't see any change with 0.7

Cheers

Last edited:

Jumba

Nov 16, 2008
Johannesburg
yes I understand now

Glad to see it working

Don't forget to mention Me friend
wink.gif

edit : the EXE will not be with the source files OK ?!

and I didn't see any change with 0.7

Cheers

Of course you can use the app in your roms, no problem. I only changed some small things in 0.7 - removed the countdown in "I C Thru U.mscr" and updated the version number.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the EXE will not be with the source files OK ?!" Can you please re-word?

I will definitely mention you! :)

Nice App
good work man keep up
Thanks

Cheers mate, enjoy.

Last edited:

Jumba

Nov 16, 2008
Johannesburg
@ all - Version 0.7 .exe uploaded to the first post. Now it installs and runs like any other app, with its own icon.

Thanks to magawa for all the help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    any option to choose nothing changes (resets the windows, but no change), I do not understand why does not work. I tried hard reset and install again Jumba_I_C_Thru_U_v1.0 but the situation is the same. I assume that something is missing.

Hi, I'm not sure why it isn't working for you. Some of the actions take a long time to complete, so be sure to wait for the process to finish before rebooting, etc.

Jumba, will this work on HD2 T-mo running manila 2.5
    wwe rom?
    Hi

Sorry for the late reply - kinda moved over to Android now. :p

To answer your question, no it won't work... well' at least some of the Manila functions won't work, since this is specifically for version 2.0 of Manila.

Cheers