[ROM] [8.1] [UNOFFICIAL] XenonHD

• Thread starter Deleted member 8094713
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 8094713

xSXj9TN.png

TeamHorizon's XenonHD rom builds for Samsung Galaxy S7/S7E (hero(2)lte)
http://www.xenonhd.com/

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is based on LineageOS 15.1 with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.
The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth".​

Device Sources:
Source Code

Download Links:
ROM: Flat
Gapps: opengapps.org

Flashing Instructions:

To install this ROM you will need to have a latest custom Recovery such as TWRP installed.
  • Copy the downloaded ROM to your phone.
  • Boot into your recovery
  • Back up your ROM
  • Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
  • Install the ROM
  • Install GAPPS package
  • Reboot - the first boot can take up to 5 minutes
Installing updates:
  • Copy the downloaded update to your phone.
  • Back up your ROM
  • Install the update
  • Optionally wipe caches
  • Reboot

Other Links:
Github
Google+
Telegram

XDA:DevDB Information
XenonHD 8.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
gibranm, PureEnergyy
Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-06-03
Last Updated 2018-06-04

Last edited by a moderator:

Pat750

Sep 12, 2016
Many thanks for sharing your work with us!
I really like Xenon, it has everything I want and not too many things I don't need.
Flashed it with Gapps pico and also Magisk 16.4 although people on other ROMs have more reboots with Magisk than with other root solutions. I wanted to see for myself cause l'm a well below average user. I also use Substratum with a blue grey theme and another little dark theme.
Use the ROM (my first real taste of Oreo) for a couple of days now and random soft reboots are there but haven't had many.
I did first setup very slowly and then let it settle for 10 minutes and had no reboots there.
Battery life is close to stock for me.
Thanks again, I really hope this will be alive for a while. :good:

D

Deleted member 8094713

I really like Xenon, it has everything I want and not too many things I don't need.
Flashed it with Gapps pico and also Magisk 16.4 although people on other ROMs have more reboots with Magisk than with other root solutions. I wanted to see for myself cause l'm a well below average user. I also use Substratum with a blue grey theme and another little dark theme.
Use the ROM (my first real taste of Oreo) for a couple of days now and random soft reboots are there but haven't had many.
I did first setup very slowly and then let it settle for 10 minutes and had no reboots there.
Don't worry. I'll do an update as soon as the rebase is out

Pat750

Sep 12, 2016
One good thing is that you can adjust music loudness steps to 60, but when I did that my little BT speeker nearly exploded. Luckily it was set to a very low level and it was still at a low level when set to 60...but loud as hell :eek:
Maybe a log (with sound turned off) would help?

D

Deleted member 8094713

One good thing is that you can adjust music loudness steps to 60, but when I did that my little BT speeker nearly exploded. Luckily it was set to a very low level and it was still at a low level when set to 60...but loud as hell :eek:
Adjusting steps doesn't actually increase max volume. It just allows you to increase volume by smaller increments

Reactions: mauam

Pat750

Sep 12, 2016
Adjusting steps doesn't actually increase max volume. It just allows you to increase volume by smaller increments
Yes I know that.
But when I was listening on a BT speeker at low volume step I changed the steps to 60 and suddenly it was very loud although still set to step 5 of 60, so max volume was on a low step.
On standard setting step 5 of 15 isn't that loud.

Pat750

Sep 12, 2016
My sd card is formatted as exfat and everytime I rename a folder ROM does hard reboot. Tried with Total Commander and MiXplorer. Renaming files works.
Log made with MatLog.

Attachments

• folderrenamecrash.txt
    52.2 KB · Views: 7

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 8094713
    xSXj9TN.png

TeamHorizon's XenonHD rom builds for Samsung Galaxy S7/S7E (hero(2)lte)
    http://www.xenonhd.com/

XenonHD is a custom firmware aka ROM for various Android devices. It is based on LineageOS 15.1 with additional features, performance and battery life improvements.
    The idea behind XenonHD is to give users a ROM that is "blazing fast, rock stable and buttery smooth".​

Device Sources:
    Source Code

Download Links:
    ROM: Flat
    Gapps: opengapps.org

Flashing Instructions:

To install this ROM you will need to have a latest custom Recovery such as TWRP installed.
    • Copy the downloaded ROM to your phone.
    • Back up your ROM
    • Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    • Install the ROM
    • Install GAPPS package
    • Reboot - the first boot can take up to 5 minutes
    Installing updates:
    • Copy the downloaded update to your phone.
    • Back up your ROM
    • Install the update
    • Optionally wipe caches
    • Reboot

Other Links:
    Github
    Google+
    Telegram

XDA:DevDB Information
    XenonHD 8.1, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S7

Contributors
    gibranm, PureEnergyy
    Source Code: https://github.com/ivanmeler/android_kernel_samsung_universal8890

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2018-06-03
    Last Updated 2018-06-04
    D
    Deleted member 8094713
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    4/6/2018:
    Synced repos
    Enabled SDCardFS
    Changes to Bluetooth (Improved calls etc..)
    Other audio HAL changes
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hqm5oK9CHcxSrfWdwAzkiSfUPrCjk15b/view?usp=sharing
    D
    Deleted member 8094713
    Don't worry. I'll do an update as soon as the rebase is out
    D
    Deleted member 8094713