[Q]WTF is on the left side of external sd-slot?

Search This thread

Gammelgustav

Jan 17, 2011
Cologne
The first time I´ve inserted my ext-sd in the slot I didn´t realised the little bigger (maybe 1.5cm) slot between the micro-sd slot.

There is a little sticker from ACER: "Warranty void if seal broken"
What the hell is under this sticker???

Anybody know without removing this and broke his warranty (why it is broken coz of this little slot??? is there the key for the nuclear bomb? :rolleyes:)

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
That's just the slot for the SIM card on the A501 model. Universal case, y'know.

Don't put anything in there, it's just an empty socket. Your SIM will fall into the case if you try.

Gammelgustav

Jan 17, 2011
Cologne
yes I thought so too...but its too small for a sim i think...or do you maenm a microsim?
BTW: why is my warranty void if I´m just curious what is this?

FloatingFatMan

Apr 20, 2005
I thought they stopped using the big SIMs years ago? I've not seen one in 5+ years...

As for the sticker, you invalidate your warranty because.. you removed the sticker! :p

I guess it's because you could stick things in there and damage the tablet.

imonfire1358

May 7, 2011
Columbus
Probably works like the mattress police, you take the tag off your mattress and they invade your home and arrest you... You remove the sticker, you void the warranty and the Acer police invade your home and arrest you....

sanaell

Apr 3, 2008
Bangkok
Universal Case
it's for the 501 model with wifi/3G

and there is no hardware hidden supporting the 3G feature on the 500 model
- do not open
- do not remove
- do not try

unless you got
soldering skills
mini-pcie slot
sim slot
etc... Waste of time... better buy a 3G model or just tether with a 3G phone easy less risky and pay only 1 fee :D

davea180

Feb 25, 2011
I have a question...why do you have to use the term "WTF" when asking a simple question regarding something which is pretty much common knowledge.

Really? Learn some civility for gosh sakes.

erica_renee

Sep 16, 2010
Louisville
us warranty law

In the us opening this device will not void the warranty.but if you damage something by doing so will.and there is no reason to open this nothing serviceable or upgradeable inside.
I know this from owning a PC repair/retail store

Gammelgustav

Jan 17, 2011
Cologne
I have a question...why do you have to use the term "WTF" when asking a simple question regarding something which is pretty much common knowledge.

Really? Learn some civility for gosh sakes.

Coz I searched and searched and thought about...100 possibilities but wasn't sure.
Also...with this title I get more attention than maybe..."I have a question about something somewhere on our tab but it isn't necessary to answer"....

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App