[OTA][ZIP] Kitkat ND8 full unmodified ota

Search This thread

BlueAngel1953

Aug 21, 2013
Philadelphia
www.dayonepatch.com
I believe so , try it see if it fixes it worst come to wosrt you have to go back to the other setting

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well I set it to that mode and I connected to LTE outside my house where the last few days its been 3G only. Guess time will tell when I can thoroughly test it tomorrow at work. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Randy3011

Apr 23, 2014
Parkville
I agree

I've tried pretty much everything I could think of (probably all the things cnexus tried) and have given up and just decided to bite the bullet and take Knox... Don't see the big deal with Knox anyways, unless you're sending you're phone into Samsung if it breaks (let's be honest, how many people would be doing that) it doesn't affect anything anyways....

I agree....tried TWRP 2.7.0.0 with no luck, philb, too. I guess Samsung just wants to be more like Apple...doesn't want people messing with their stuff. But I am confident one of y'all will figure something out.:good:

lordnykon21

Apr 1, 2013
I downloaded the zip, but when I went into stock recovery, I couldn't find it.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
I downloaded the zip, but when I went into stock recovery, I couldn't find it.

You have to have an external SD. Flash the tar in Odin if you can't get ahold of one-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738533

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Reactions: prboy1969

BlueAngel1953

Aug 21, 2013
Philadelphia
www.dayonepatch.com
It would be much easier for ppl to help you if you explain what steps you have already taken,if any, instead of just saying "it doesn't work".

Sent from my BlackedOut VM GS3 running MOAR powered by DKP

I wiped and restored the phone to factory settings, updated the prl and updated my profile. And a few posts back I posted a screen from the ##data# menu that seemed a little off and I changed it to what I thought it needed to be and no change in service.

marcran75

Jul 22, 2013
Syracuse,NY
I wiped and restored the phone to factory settings, updated the prl and updated my profile. And a few posts back I posted a screen from the ##data# menu that seemed a little off and I changed it to what I thought it needed to be and no change in service.

You said before "staying on lte". Could it be that you just have a poor lte signal. That's most likely the case if it keeps flashing on and off for you.
Edit: Also try ##72786# from your dialer. That will reset your data service.

BlueAngel1953

Aug 21, 2013
Philadelphia
www.dayonepatch.com
You said before "staying on lte". Could it be that you just have a poor lte signal. That's most likely the case if it keeps flashing on and off for you.

For example at work right now I am getting anywhere from 90-100 as far as signal check pro is reporting, I never had this issue on 4.3.

porsquale1081

May 6, 2014
Downloaded and installed, having trouble

Hey guys, I used to have a custom rom and custom recovery (MOAR and TWRP), and I wanted this update, so I flashed the stock Sprint S3 recovery and the stock 4.3 rom, and when I finished flashing the 4.4 posted here I got the deadly forever-glowing sammy logo, so my phone won't boot. Better yet, I'm pretty sure it's impossible right now to revert to previous versions b/c of the new bootloader... Does anyone know what I did wrong and how I can get my phone back? :crying:

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Hey guys, I used to have a custom rom and custom recovery (MOAR and TWRP), and I wanted this update, so I flashed the stock Sprint S3 recovery and the stock 4.3 rom, and when I finished flashing the 4.4 posted here I got the deadly forever-glowing sammy logo, so my phone won't boot. Better yet, I'm pretty sure it's impossible right now to revert to previous versions b/c of the new bootloader... Does anyone know what I did wrong and how I can get my phone back? :crying:

Also, just pulled my battery and tried to get into recovery, but instead it sends me to download mode saying, "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.", and Kies won't recognize my phone

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Also, just pulled my battery and tried to get into recovery, but instead it sends me to download mode saying, "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again.", and Kies won't recognize my phone

Use Odin-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738533

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

BlueAngel1953

Aug 21, 2013
Philadelphia
www.dayonepatch.com

Dialing ##72786# didn't seem to do anything still having trouble connecting, I have to toggle airplane mode to force it on.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Full UNMODIFIED ota. Don't take if you don't want to:

Download: http://android.clients.google.com/p...fbe72.USER_L710_SPR_MK3_to_ND8_Update_FWD.zip

I take no responsibility for your actions if you flash this.

Requirements:
    1) Be on stock, odexed, unmodified MK3 rom
    2) May or may not work by flashing through custom recovery, otherwise flash with stock recovery

Thanks bilgerryan for the filename
    Test 1, 4.4 rom doesn't boot. Faith not lost however as this happened back on 4.3...

Also a note...if you find any ND8 files of mine online, please do not link to them as they may or may not break your phone until I've thoroughly tested and posted links myself
    So if you decide to flash them...do so at your own risk :silly:
    Ok guys, tests have come back from the lab (haha) but it looks like if you want the ND8 rom to boot, you need the ND8 firmware, mainly the bootloader.

So until I can provide a flashable for the firmware, I'd suggest to flash the ND8 tar provided in the Android dev section.

I will be releasing the rom within the next day, followed by a deknoxed version (Knox apps removed) and a full ND8 firmware flashable.

Sucks, but we gotta do what we gotta do.

Make sure after you flash the firmware to NEVER attempt to flash a stock tar < ND8, or flash firmware in any other form with version < ND8.

ND8 stock tar: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2738533

To get root back, simply ODIN flash a custom recovery after flashing the stock tar and then the recovery will install root the first time you boot into it.

:thumbup:
    I'll get a quick review video up soon to show it off. Anyone want to see anything in particular?
    Not too much of a huge difference. KK is a lot more smooth and better on RAM!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA mobile app