[Q] Sony V can`t update Frimware from 4.1.2 to 4.3

Search This thread

Arioman

Aug 20, 2012
owjgraphic.com
I heard and see new version of Android For Sony V

now i have 4.1.2 build 9.1.A.1.140

i install Sony pc companion and try to update but i get your phone i up t date message !!

whats the problem ??

my phone is rooted

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
What's your customization number?

In your device, open the dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#*, Service info, Software info

Reactions: Arioman

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
thanks . well i`m not Colombian , can i Flash 4.3 build 295 by Flash Tool ??

Sure you can :)
9.2.A.1.210 is better because it's the last.

If you flash with Flashtool you can't root, because there's not a direct method yet.
The only way to keep root, is flashing a pre-rooted 9.2.A.1.210 via recovery.

FTF files for Flashtool are in General section, instead ZIP files for recovery are in Development section.
Good luck ;)

Arioman

Aug 20, 2012
owjgraphic.com

If you flash with Flashtool you can't root, because there's not a direct method yet.

FTF files for Flashtool are in General section, instead ZIP files for recovery are in Development section.
Good luck ;)

thanks so much my Friend.

i really need to have a root , i use a Kingo android root to root a 4.1.2 and it works well . i dont have recovery kernel .

can you guide me how can i Flash new Frimware without losing root ?

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano

i really need to have a root , i use a Kingo android root to root a 4.1.2 and it works well . i dont have recovery kernel .

1) Install recovery

Download here: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319202175
Take your phone, go to settings, developer options, turn on and select USB debugging.
Connect the phone to PC now.
Unpack CWM4XperiaT_v8i_JB.zip
Run install.bat/install.sh
Follow the instructions, remember that your device is V, keep an eye on the display of the phone and give root permission when asked.
After the end of the process, enter into recovery like this: turn off the phone and turn on.
Immediately, try one of this combination:
Press repeatedly (not holding) power button until the phone vibrates
OR
Tap repeatedly the screen

2) Once you're in recovery, make a BACKUP.

So if something will go wrong or simply if you want to go back to 4.1.2 because you don't like 4.3, you will be able to return to the present situation just resuming this backup.

3) Install .210

Remember that you will lose all your data and apps. Instead what is inside internal memory and SD card is SAFE (backup included)
Download and install Flashtool
Download THIS and move it into the directory C:/Flashtool/firmwares
Download .210 zip file HERE and copy it into the internal memory of your phone.
Turn off and go into recovery.
Make a wipe data/factory reset.
Then install zip from sd card, choose zip from sd card, select .210 zip file.
When it's done, select POWER OFF (be careful, DO NOT select reboot).
Open Flashtool, click on the lightning symbol ("flash device"), select "Flashmode" and click on "OK"
Now select LT25_9.2.A.1.210_1268-6904_FIX4.3 and click on "Flash"
Wait for a window to pop up
Now take your phone, push the volume-down button, keep pushing and connect to your PC
Once the flashing process has started, release the volume rocker as soon as possible
NEVER disconnect the USB cable until it's finished!!!
Turn on and enjoy! :good:

Remember to hit THANKS to steveboss HERE for creating .210 already rooted ;)

Last edited:

Arioman

Aug 20, 2012
owjgraphic.com
1) Install recovery

thanks so much for give all insturction about install and root it

one question i download LT25_9.2.A.1.210_Nordic.rar before from some other website , is LT25i.210_nor_deodex_root_philz_v1.zip most downloaded ? or i can use the official .210 ??

second whats exactly LT25_9.2.A.1.210_1268-6904_FIX4.3 doing ?

and last question , Do you think can i backup some apps like whatsup , wechat , line without problems or recomend to install of apps fresh after Flash ?

thanks so much

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano

one question i download LT25_9.2.A.1.210_Nordic.rar before from some other website , is LT25i.210_nor_deodex_root_philz_v1.zip most downloaded ? or i can use the official .210 ??

and last question , Do you think can i backup some apps like whatsup , wechat , line without problems or recomend to install of apps fresh after Flash ?

thanks so much

1) If you want to keep root you must download LT25i.210_nor_deodex_root_philz_v1.zip that I linked above, since it's already rooted.

2) When you flash zip via recovery you don't touch the old kernel. You flash only the new system. After that, you need to flash the new kernel, so you need Flashtool with LT25_9.2.A.1.210_1268-6904_FIX4.3

3) When you switch from an Android version to another, a full wipe is always recommended. A partial wiping could give strange behaviours.
Therefore it's better a fresh installation of the app and then (when possible) a resume of the backup offered by the app: for example I'm quite sure that Whatsapp has a backup option within its settings. Use THAT option if possible with any app. Right?

Arioman

Aug 20, 2012
owjgraphic.com
1) If you want to keep root you must download LT25i.210_nor_deodex_root_philz_v1.zip that I linked above, since it's already rooted.

2) When you flash zip via recovery you don't touch the old kernel. You flash only the new system. After that, you need to flash the new kernel, so you need Flashtool with LT25_9.2.A.1.210_1268-6904_FIX4.3

3) When you switch from an Android version to another, a full wipe is always recommended. A partial wiping could give strange behaviours.
Therefore it's better a fresh installation of the app and then (when possible) a resume of the backup offered by the app: for example I'm quite sure that Whatsapp has a backup option within its settings. Use THAT option if possible with any app. Right?

thanks again

about Full wipe , you mentioned only Data wipe and reset factory in Recovery . there are some another Wipe like system , delivik and ...

what about them ?

do i need to check or uncheck some options when i want to flash LT25_9.2.A.1.210_1268-6904_FIX4.3 with Flash Tool ??

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
thanks again

about Full wipe , you mentioned only Data wipe and reset factory in Recovery . there are some another Wipe like system , delivik and ...

what about them ?

do i need to check or uncheck some options when i want to flash LT25_9.2.A.1.210_1268-6904_FIX4.3 with Flash Tool ??

Wipe cache is already included into factory reset.
Wipe dalvik cache is not mandatory in this case... do it if you want ;)
Anyway all wipes will be repeated by Flashtool, so don't worry about that.

In Flashtool you have to change NOTHING, since yours is a brand new installation. Just flash. :)

Arioman

Aug 20, 2012
owjgraphic.com
works with lock bootloader ?

Wipe cache is already included into factory reset.
Wipe dalvik cache is not mandatory in this case... do it if you want ;)
Anyway all wipes will be repeated by Flashtool, so don't worry about that.

In Flashtool you have to change NOTHING, since yours is a brand new installation. Just flash. :)

so sorry for Ask another question . but i think it`s too important

My phone bootloader is Not unlocked !! is your way work with lock bootloader ??

i don`t know much about Bravia Engine but i think it`s better not loose it /

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
so sorry for Ask another question . but i think it`s too important

My phone bootloader is Not unlocked !! is your way work with lock bootloader ??

i don`t know much about Bravia Engine but i think it`s better not loose it /

LOL... I'm not so noob. :D
Yes my method is for locked bootloader.
Unlocked bootloaders have to flash another kind of kernel.
The kernel you're installing is the original one.
And no, you can't unlock an Xperia V through Flashtool. It's impossible at the moment.
The only way to unlock is getting a code through Sony site!!!
This rule is valid for all 2012 devices onwards.
You're too anxious :D

Last edited:

Arioman

Aug 20, 2012
owjgraphic.com
LOL... I'm not so noob. :D
Yes my method is for locked bootloader.
Unlocked bootloaders have to flash another kind of kernel.
The kernel you're installing is the original one.
And no, you can't unlock an Xperia V through Flashtool. It's impossible at the moment.
The only way to unlock is getting a code through Sony site!!!
This rule is valid for all 2012 devices onwards.
You're too anxious :D

thank you so much for this quick reply :fingers-crossed:

sorry for my bad english , well i don`t want to unlock bootloader at this time and i don't thought that FlashTool can Do this ...

i`m familiar to unlocking bootloader way and do this with my Arcs before :cowboy:

on some Forums i read that For rooting 4.3 Roms your phone must be unlocked bootloader , so i anxious about it`s possible that you forget about saying this cause i forget to say it in my posts ad only mentioned about my phone is rooted :D

anyway thanks so much , you explain everything for me like a real master and i`m going to update my firmware now :eek:

i get error : device not found , on run install.bat , but the root message come on phone and my phone reset ! why this happend ? i need driver ?

Last edited:

istux

Jun 26, 2012
Milano
thank you so much for this quick reply :fingers-crossed:

sorry for my bad english , well i don`t want to unlock bootloader at this time and i don't thought that FlashTool can Do this ...

i`m familiar to unlocking bootloader way and do this with my Arcs before :cowboy:

on some Forums i read that For rooting 4.3 Roms your phone must be unlocked bootloader , so i anxious about it`s possible that you forget about saying this cause i forget to say it in my posts ad only mentioned about my phone is rooted :D

anyway thanks so much , you explain everything for me like a real master and i`m going to update my firmware now :eek:

Unlocking is mandatory for new Xperia that can't be rooted directly, because they are too new and they've been released with 4.3 or 4.4
We don't have this problem because we have 4.1.2 that is easy rootable, so we can install recovery and do everything we want ;)

Arioman

Aug 20, 2012
owjgraphic.com
Unlocking is mandatory for new Xperia that can't be rooted directly, because they are too new and they've been released with 4.3 or 4.4
We don't have this problem because we have 4.1.2 that is easy rootable, so we can install recovery and do everything we want ;)

i get error : device not found , on run install.bat , but the root message come on phone and my phone reset ! why this happend ? i need driver ?

i check device manager and no yellow unknown driver find , i also install Flash Tool Driver and enable usb Debugging

Use Windows 7 64Bit

also a safe mode text apear on Down left of my phone

Last edited:

Arioman

Aug 20, 2012
owjgraphic.com
This is for locked. Stop asking. Don't worry. ;)
I did this million times with locked bootloader.

During the process does your phone ask for root permission? Do you tap on yes?

in first time yes , the root permission Comes and i tap on Grant

then the phone reset and the error device not found apear in install.bat cmd

i though maybe the driver not installed so i download and install Driver again , even i try http://adbdriver.com/upload/AdbDriverInstaller.exe and this tool show that my Driver is ok !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What's your customization number?

In your device, open the dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#*, Service info, Software info
    thanks for reply

Custumization Version : 1268-8838-R4l

i never update or Flash my phone from a day i buy it .

Well, according to Xperia Update Checker by Macmol, your device is Movistar Colombia and here is the problem, because it's still with 9.1.A.1.140 firmware.
    Check by yourself with this tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2608983
    thanks . well i`m not Colombian , can i Flash 4.3 build 295 by Flash Tool ??

Good luck ;)

1) Install recovery

Download here: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319202175
    Take your phone, go to settings, developer options, turn on and select USB debugging.
    Connect the phone to PC now.
    Unpack CWM4XperiaT_v8i_JB.zip
    Run install.bat/install.sh
    Follow the instructions, remember that your device is V, keep an eye on the display of the phone and give root permission when asked.
    After the end of the process, enter into recovery like this: turn off the phone and turn on.
    Immediately, try one of this combination:
    Press repeatedly (not holding) power button until the phone vibrates
    OR
    Tap repeatedly the screen

2) Once you're in recovery, make a BACKUP.

So if something will go wrong or simply if you want to go back to 4.1.2 because you don't like 4.3, you will be able to return to the present situation just resuming this backup.

3) Install .210

Remember that you will lose all your data and apps. Instead what is inside internal memory and SD card is SAFE (backup included)
    Download and install Flashtool
    Download THIS and move it into the directory C:/Flashtool/firmwares
    Download .210 zip file HERE and copy it into the internal memory of your phone.
    Turn off and go into recovery.
    Make a wipe data/factory reset.
    Then install zip from sd card, choose zip from sd card, select .210 zip file.
    When it's done, select POWER OFF (be careful, DO NOT select reboot).
    Open Flashtool, click on the lightning symbol ("flash device"), select "Flashmode" and click on "OK"
    Now select LT25_9.2.A.1.210_1268-6904_FIX4.3 and click on "Flash"
    Wait for a window to pop up
    Now take your phone, push the volume-down button, keep pushing and connect to your PC
    Once the flashing process has started, release the volume rocker as soon as possible
    NEVER disconnect the USB cable until it's finished!!!
    Turn on and enjoy! :good:

thanks so much