[Q] Nexus 5 vs LG G2 vs Galaxy S4?

Search This thread

gintariukeas

Aug 7, 2012
Hello :)

What i care about most is music (earphones) quality, ability to theme, good camera and beautiful screen. I am not a gamer. Willing to use custom roms.

So, if you were me, whitch phone you'd choose?

nikzDHD

Apr 2, 2011
London
Personally I'd have the S4 due to the AMOLED screen. I prefer the deep blacks over the LCD/IPS screens. S4 has a micro SD card over the 2 you mentioned. S4 is the oldest though. Nexus 5 will continue to receive the latest Android updates and runs AOSP which in return is much smoother and faster than the S4. G2 is a lovely phone too. All 3 would serve you well to be honest.

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hi,

Out of those three it' quite a hard choose. I'd go for Nexus 5, due to easiness to install Custom ROM, root, etc. Not only this, but this device is good looking and has a good screen. LG G2 is a nice phone and has, probably, the best screen among the three (not sure though, using N5 and G2 on a store and owning a S4 I can tell it), also has one of the thinnest bezels over there and is one of the thinnest phones.

For headphone quality it's obviously Sony, the best headphone I used was a Sony Noise Reduction owned by my cousin and the second best was the headphone that came with my Xperia Z1. If I were you I'd choose between Nexus 5 and Z1 actually... But that isn't the case now. Keeping in mind what you want to do, then I think S4 is the most suitable, while it's uglier than N5, is harder to customize and is not as thin or have a screen as good as G2, you have everything good with it, not great, but good, if you can understand me. I liked Galaxy S4 headphones, but mine broke in a shot time span.

All in all, any of them would suit you quite goodly. The best thing I'd recommend you doing is going to a nearby store and trying each of them, so check which you like better ;).

~Lord

PS.: If you get S4, make sure you get the Snapdragon variant (GT-I9505), otherwise it'll be harder to install custom ROMs.

Reactions: gintariukeas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Out of those 3?... Galaxy S4 every time.
    Hi,

Out of those three it' quite a hard choose. I'd go for Nexus 5, due to easiness to install Custom ROM, root, etc. Not only this, but this device is good looking and has a good screen. LG G2 is a nice phone and has, probably, the best screen among the three (not sure though, using N5 and G2 on a store and owning a S4 I can tell it), also has one of the thinnest bezels over there and is one of the thinnest phones.

For headphone quality it's obviously Sony, the best headphone I used was a Sony Noise Reduction owned by my cousin and the second best was the headphone that came with my Xperia Z1. If I were you I'd choose between Nexus 5 and Z1 actually... But that isn't the case now. Keeping in mind what you want to do, then I think S4 is the most suitable, while it's uglier than N5, is harder to customize and is not as thin or have a screen as good as G2, you have everything good with it, not great, but good, if you can understand me. I liked Galaxy S4 headphones, but mine broke in a shot time span.

All in all, any of them would suit you quite goodly. The best thing I'd recommend you doing is going to a nearby store and trying each of them, so check which you like better ;).

~Lord

PS.: If you get S4, make sure you get the Snapdragon variant (GT-I9505), otherwise it'll be harder to install custom ROMs.