[Kernel][KK4] Samurai Kernel 1.4.3 [CWM][init.d][EXT4]

Search This thread

Kyuta Syuko

Aug 18, 2009
Alright decided to clean up this first post since these are verified working.

~ topiratiko's ORAM+ inspired LMK settings (not exactly the same but similar)
~ Tweaked TCP settings from pikachu's modded Zach's tweaks.
~ Other tweaks from Boog's Kernel
~ Recovery from Boog's Kernel with custom background (at least until I can get a better machine to compile my own on unless someone else wants to take up the task)
~ Supports BOTH bootanimation.zip AND sanim.zip
~ Zipaligner script which zipaligns any non-zipaligned apks in system/app and data/app

To enable the various scripts:

On your internal sdcard is a folder called "Voodoo". Inside this folder, create a blank file accordingly and then reboot:

"enable-zipalign-system" to enable zipalign for /system/app
"enable-zipalign-data" to enable zipalign for /data/app
"enable-sqlite-optimize" to enable the modified sqlite optimize script from ThunderBolt by pikachu01.

I would like to note that all these scripts run while the kernel bootscreen is being displayed (AT&T World Phone by default) so don't be too alarmed if that screen lasts for a while. Especially if you're running all of the scripts and/or have a lot of apps.

~~ Odin/Heimdall/Kernel Flasher tars ~~

Dropbox
Crate
Ubuntu One

~~ CWM Zips ~~

Dropbox
Crate
Ubuntu One

To get root just download the Superuser.apk from the market.
If you lose root after flashing Samurai try clearing Superuser data.
Settings->Applications->Manage applications->Superuser->Clear data

Thanks goes to:
~boog for all his help with unpacking and repacking and for making the custom recovery as well as other miscellaneous help
~mtcarey also for his help with unpacking and repacking and as well as other miscellaneous help
~existz for helping with my research by answering questions and for TalonDEV
~pikachu01 for ThunderBolt and all the sharing of his research and findings. VERY helpful.
~DonaldTsang for pointing out the fixes that needed to be done to be able to boot with lagfix enabled
~TRusselo for pointing out that custom boot animations weren't working and creating the CWM flashable zips
~erad1 for the name suggestion
~Jsmokey for his Kernel tweaks and miscellaneous help
~Anyone else I may have forgotten.

*Change Log*
Code:
12/01 20:50 CT - 1.4.3 - Fixed sqlite optimization for RFS formatted devices
                         Updated the su binary to 3.0.3
                         Slightly tweaked various tweaks
                         Modified the updater-script to move init.d to init.d.old rather then clear out the common scripts (hopefully)

11/26 09:46 CT - 1.4.2 - Added in the missing library file for the sqlite3 binary
                         Fixed sqlite optimize script so it works now!

11/23 20:43 CT - 1.4.1 - Added in the missing sqlite3 binary

11/22 23:05 CT - 1.4 - Updated to KK4
                       Modified CFS Kernel Tweaks to match pikachu01's 2.1.1.1 experimental
                       Added in a modified version of the sqlite optimize script from pikachu01's ThunderBolt activated by creating a file called "enable-sqlite-optimize" in /sdcard/Voodoo

11/11 20:43 CT - 1.3 - Updated to KK2
                       Added in some tweaks from pikachu01's Thunderbolt Tweaks
                       Added in some of Jsmoky's Kernel Tweaks

10/25 19:58 CT - 1.2 - Tweaked LMK settings to hopefully be better over all and a few other settings.
                       Customized recovery courtesy of boog

10/16 20:33 CT - 1.1 - Changed to TalonDEV's 3.0.0.5 recovery due to issues with v4 and 5.
                       Added su binary install.  Download Superuser.apk from market to get root.

10/14 19:40 CT - 1.0 - Added support for sanim.zip and gave the kernel a name and version number.

10/13 22:44 CT - Fix two for custom boot animations so they should work for everyone now.
                 No need to reflash if bootanimation.zip is playing properly for you.

10/12 20:42 CT - Fixed custom boot animations thanks TRusselo

10/12 18:32 CT - Added a KJ3 based version.

10/12 06:17 CT - Added in the edits pointed out by DonaldTsang.

Multi-tasking LMK settings
Multi-tasking LMK settings (CWM)
These LMK settings were meant for use with Samurai only (only a partial modification to the stock LMK settings) and may cause adverse affects such as random, cute kitten tattoos or getting pink hairs if used with any other kernel.

Last edited:

DonaldTsang

Oct 10, 2011
dont run the "exec umount" in init.rc

give "fat.format" in /sbin execute premission

inside init_function.sh, use below to find the battery level(found in mtcarey ki1 kernel)
battery_level=`cat sys/devices/platform/i2c-gpio.6/i2c-6/6-0066/max8998-charger/power_supply/battery/capacity`

and your kernel is is working fine, great job man, you even fixed the robot sound problem~

Thank you, you are the best!

Last edited:

jlsesler

Dec 23, 2010
Allen
Confirmed to work on fasty rom KJ2 edition. Nice and smooth.

Quadrant score - 2179 (up from 1400-1500).
Antutu score - 2921 (up from 2800ish).

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
Working on my custom build too!

Just need voodoo sound now! Voodoo options in cwm.
and the older versions of cwm had install root option built in, that would be nice too.
And custom boot logo!
But great work!

Reactions: AnarchoXen

jbabbler

Sep 8, 2011
Running smooth on custom KJ2. I flashed it right over the KI2 kernel w/o disabling lagfix and it worked fine btw.

Kyuta Syuko

Aug 18, 2009
Working on my custom build too!

Just need voodoo sound now! Voodoo options in cwm.
and the older versions of cwm had install root option built in, that would be nice too.
And custom boot logo!
But great work!

Most of that requires source cep root which wouldn't fit...

Noticed KJ3 was just leaked. Guess I know what I'll be doing when I get home from work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

afrojoc

Feb 18, 2011
Moore, OK
"Sorry for the noob question!

.tar goes into the PDA correct?"

Sure does. And so far so good with KJ3!

Last edited:

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
as soon as i flashed your kernel (SGS kernel flasher) i had the samsungloop.qmg boot instead of my custom zip.i duplicated the zip with both bootanimation. and sanim.zip names. neither worked with your kernel. was working 30 seconds before....

Reactions: AnarchoXen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright decided to clean up this first post since these are verified working.

~ topiratiko's ORAM+ inspired LMK settings (not exactly the same but similar)
    ~ Tweaked TCP settings from pikachu's modded Zach's tweaks.
    ~ Other tweaks from Boog's Kernel
    ~ Recovery from Boog's Kernel with custom background (at least until I can get a better machine to compile my own on unless someone else wants to take up the task)
    ~ Supports BOTH bootanimation.zip AND sanim.zip
    ~ Zipaligner script which zipaligns any non-zipaligned apks in system/app and data/app

To enable the various scripts:

On your internal sdcard is a folder called "Voodoo". Inside this folder, create a blank file accordingly and then reboot:

"enable-zipalign-system" to enable zipalign for /system/app
    "enable-zipalign-data" to enable zipalign for /data/app
    "enable-sqlite-optimize" to enable the modified sqlite optimize script from ThunderBolt by pikachu01.

I would like to note that all these scripts run while the kernel bootscreen is being displayed (AT&T World Phone by default) so don't be too alarmed if that screen lasts for a while. Especially if you're running all of the scripts and/or have a lot of apps.

~~ Odin/Heimdall/Kernel Flasher tars ~~

Dropbox
    Crate
    Ubuntu One

~~ CWM Zips ~~

Dropbox
    Crate
    Ubuntu One

To get root just download the Superuser.apk from the market.
    If you lose root after flashing Samurai try clearing Superuser data.
    Settings->Applications->Manage applications->Superuser->Clear data

Thanks goes to:
    ~boog for all his help with unpacking and repacking and for making the custom recovery as well as other miscellaneous help
    ~mtcarey also for his help with unpacking and repacking and as well as other miscellaneous help
    ~existz for helping with my research by answering questions and for TalonDEV
    ~pikachu01 for ThunderBolt and all the sharing of his research and findings. VERY helpful.
    ~DonaldTsang for pointing out the fixes that needed to be done to be able to boot with lagfix enabled
    ~TRusselo for pointing out that custom boot animations weren't working and creating the CWM flashable zips
    ~erad1 for the name suggestion
    ~Jsmokey for his Kernel tweaks and miscellaneous help
    ~Anyone else I may have forgotten.

*Change Log*
    Code:
    12/01 20:50 CT - 1.4.3 - Fixed sqlite optimization for RFS formatted devices
                             Updated the su binary to 3.0.3
                             Slightly tweaked various tweaks
                             Modified the updater-script to move init.d to init.d.old rather then clear out the common scripts (hopefully)

11/26 09:46 CT - 1.4.2 - Added in the missing library file for the sqlite3 binary
                             Fixed sqlite optimize script so it works now!

11/23 20:43 CT - 1.4.1 - Added in the missing sqlite3 binary

11/22 23:05 CT - 1.4 - Updated to KK4
                           Modified CFS Kernel Tweaks to match pikachu01's 2.1.1.1 experimental
                           Added in a modified version of the sqlite optimize script from pikachu01's ThunderBolt activated by creating a file called "enable-sqlite-optimize" in /sdcard/Voodoo

11/11 20:43 CT - 1.3 - Updated to KK2
                           Added in some tweaks from pikachu01's Thunderbolt Tweaks
                           Added in some of Jsmoky's Kernel Tweaks

10/25 19:58 CT - 1.2 - Tweaked LMK settings to hopefully be better over all and a few other settings.
                           Customized recovery courtesy of boog

10/16 20:33 CT - 1.1 - Changed to TalonDEV's 3.0.0.5 recovery due to issues with v4 and 5.
                           Added su binary install.  Download Superuser.apk from market to get root.

10/14 19:40 CT - 1.0 - Added support for sanim.zip and gave the kernel a name and version number.

10/13 22:44 CT - Fix two for custom boot animations so they should work for everyone now.
                     No need to reflash if bootanimation.zip is playing properly for you.

10/12 20:42 CT - Fixed custom boot animations thanks TRusselo

10/12 18:32 CT - Added a KJ3 based version.

10/12 06:17 CT - Added in the edits pointed out by DonaldTsang.

Multi-tasking LMK settings
    Multi-tasking LMK settings (CWM)
    These LMK settings were meant for use with Samurai only (only a partial modification to the stock LMK settings) and may cause adverse affects such as random, cute kitten tattoos or getting pink hairs if used with any other kernel.
    @Kyuta Syuko

I just want to say, thanks a lot for all the work you've put into this kernel. I've never really used it before(usually use mtcarey's) but since root is broken on his at the mo, I've had to use Samurai and I must say, the performance has been phenomenal and my battery life is even better than usual.

It might be a fluke with the battery life but anyway, just wanted to express my thanks.

:D

It's appreciated. Like most people who have created something and/or continue to create stuff will tell you, while they originally created it for their own enjoyment the enjoyment others have when viewing, using their creation is what makes creating it worth it. Or something...
    Alright getting ready to release 1.2 with redone LMK tweaks I came up with after reading pikachu's post about LMK tweaks, modified a couple of other tweaks that I forgot, and a custom recovery courtesy of boog. Will update the first post with download links in a few.

*edit*
    First post updated
    dont run the "exec umount" in init.rc

give "fat.format" in /sbin execute premission

inside init_function.sh, use below to find the battery level(found in mtcarey ki1 kernel)
    battery_level=`cat sys/devices/platform/i2c-gpio.6/i2c-6/6-0066/max8998-charger/power_supply/battery/capacity`

and your kernel is is working fine, great job man, you even fixed the robot sound problem~

Thank you, you are the best!
    Just added a KJ3 based kernel. Let me know how it works out.