FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ICS 4.0.4] [ROM] Uma v1 (07/10/2013)

597 posts
Thanks Meter: 389
 
By Grakel, Senior Member on 8th October 2013, 01:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Since a while ago, I've been doing some modifications to all the awesome roms that Huexxx makes for us. In my opinion, his roms are always the best regarding performance, he is the one who brings so much magic to that LG crap we get from stock roms (quite hard to make something good from such a crappy software).

Anyways, we all see he is not having so much time to update his actual rom (yes, IZS), so I decided to put here a zip for you all with all the mods Ive been doing since we got the first IZS.

The magic was brought by Huexxx, he did so much work for free to bring us a stable and fast rom. Please, give him all the thanks you can, because he deserves that and more.





Uma is based on IZS v2, this is not aimed to bring a more stable or more lightning fast version of IZS, this is just IZS with some customizations, such as theming, replaced apps and a couple of easy but good mods.


Screenshots:










How to Install:

- Make your backup

- Wipe data/factory reset

- Wipe dalvik-cache

- Format /system

- Flash the rom zip

- Flash Turbo Boost with the values you want for the swap file (optional)

- Flash another kernel if you want. This pack comes with the stock izs kernel.

#Its always recommended to full wipe and format system. But if you want to flash this over IZS, I think it will cause no problems at all.


Setting up the Rom:

- Go to settings -> developer settings and check "dynamic f-sync", "disable fast dormancy", and the most important, "enable gpu rendering". (I would also use 1x for animations and transitions)

- Open up TricksterMod app, go to general tab. Raise the "Read Ahead Buffer Size" to 512 and change the scheduler to "row". Scroll down and change the cpu governor to "ondemandplus" (these are my preferred settings, you can play with them and choose the oens you like)


- Open up Wifi Auto Turn Off app and press "Enable", now choose the minutes you want the wifi to be on when it doesnt find any connection. (By default if its not connected to anything for 5 mins, it shuts down. Pretty much a battery saver)


Changelog:

Quote:

v1.0

- CrossBreeder script preinstalled (thanks to idcrisis, drop a thanks in his thread)
- Remapped G-key for camera launch and shot photo
- Remade whole theme into a modded dark holo
- Included brightness bar in notifications
- Tweaked status bar dropdown animation for smoothness
- Removed android error loggers
- Build.prop tweaks for gpu rendering, hardware acceleration, and max_events_per_sec raised to 120
- Updated SuperSU
- Changed default font, wallpaper and bootanimations
- Enabled Live Wallpapers and included Phase Beam
- Lots of apps were removed, and I replaced them mostly with google's alternative to LG crap
- JB 4.3 Keyboard thanks to VLLWP
- DeskClock from cyanogen
- Latest ADW launcher (smoothest ics-like launcher by far)
- Replaced LockScreen with google's default
- Replaced LGBrowser with AOSP browser
- Replaced LGGallery with AOSP gallery
- Inverted Google Play thanks to MyLifeRocks10 (drop a thanks in his thread)
- Replaced file manager with ES file explorer
- Replaced CPU No-Frills with TricksterMOD
- AOSP calculator
- Replaced Walkman app with Apollo (awesome skinnable music player)
- Replaced Sony Notes app with Google Keep
- Deleted some crap I disliked.


Download Links:

- v1 : http://d-h.st/oTx



Well, as you can see, Im not a developer like Huexxx, so dont expect that I keep updating this so much frequently, but, as I keep learning stuff about android, I may keep doing little things here and there.

Thanks to you guys to keep this phone alive. and really huge thanks to Huexxx for being so awesome

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Grakel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Grakel Ad-Free
 
 
8th October 2013, 01:16 AM |#2  
dcop7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leiria
Thanks Meter: 1,750
 
More
Great work Grakel! Nice to see a ROM with your customizations

There is a problem that I have with IZS, can you look into that? It takes much time to the screen to wake up. Specially when receiving an incoming call.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dcop7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dcop7 Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 01:32 AM |#3  
Grakel's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 389
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcop7

Great work Grakel! Nice to see a ROM with your customizations

There is a problem that I have with IZS, can you look into that? It takes much time to the screen to wake up. Specially when receiving an incoming call.

Ill see what I can do . Can you check if at least the lockscreen is any faster with this ROM? Im thinking the lg lockscreen must be way more heavy than the googles one. Atm I dont see any retard when waking up the device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grakel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Grakel Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 02:08 AM |#4  
dcop7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leiria
Thanks Meter: 1,750
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakel

Ill see what I can do . Can you check if at least the lockscreen is any faster with this ROM? Im thinking the lg lockscreen must be way more heavy than the googles one. Atm I dont see any retard when waking up the device.

In an incoming call, you don't see any delay?

For me, it starts the ringtone and I have to wait about 5 seconds to the screen to wake up.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

By the way. The incoming call screen, it is the LG version of AOSP? I've flashed your mod but it only changes the lock screen. Not the incoming call screen.

LG Optimus Black
8th October 2013, 08:36 AM |#5  
Grakel's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 389
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcop7

In an incoming call, you don't see any delay?

For me, it starts the ringtone and I have to wait about 5 seconds to the screen to wake up.

---------- Post added at 01:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

By the way. The incoming call screen, it is the LG version of AOSP? I've flashed your mod but it only changes the lock screen. Not the incoming call screen.

LG Optimus Black

Yeh I see that delay when recieving a call too. The call menus are handled by the dialer afaik, so my mods wont affect it since I didnt touch the dialer except for the theming.

But when waking up device to lockscreen, do you see any improvement on the delay?

I wonder if its cuz the apk's taking so much time to load or its cuz of some parameter inside the rom config. Ill have a look at it, but I dont promise anything, Im not an expert, and if huexxx didnt fix this already...
8th October 2013, 09:28 AM |#6  
dcop7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leiria
Thanks Meter: 1,750
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakel

Yeh I see that delay when recieving a call too. The call menus are handled by the dialer afaik, so my mods wont affect it since I didnt touch the dialer except for the theming.

But when waking up device to lockscreen, do you see any improvement on the delay?

I wonder if its cuz the apk's taking so much time to load or its cuz of some parameter inside the rom config. Ill have a look at it, but I dont promise anything, Im not an expert, and if huexxx didnt fix this already...

I belive it is the ROM it self. IZS v1 didn't had this much delay...
8th October 2013, 09:30 AM |#7  
Grakel's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 389
 
More
Does it happen if you use izsv2 with izsv1.1 kernel?
8th October 2013, 11:20 AM |#8  
dcop7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Leiria
Thanks Meter: 1,750
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakel

Does it happen if you use izsv2 with izsv1.1 kernel?

I didn't test that. The IZS v1.1 kernel doesn't have swap, and for me, that is a performance breaker

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Maybe building the IZS v1.1 kernel with swaps?
8th October 2013, 06:19 PM |#9  
Alucard's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 238
 
More
Its great to see a new rom for p970,i will not flash cause i prefer izs theming,although trasmusics theming was my favorite,i have to say that im using roehsoft ram expander with 300 mb swap and i see really a difference,like playing games before crashed without even starting,at least use turbo boost,now i must ask is there a way to make oc kernel to work for all p970s,it just starts and stucks on the screen that counts up the apps.
8th October 2013, 06:36 PM |#10  
Grakel's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 389
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard

Its great to see a new rom for p970,i will not flash cause i prefer izs theming,although trasmusics theming was my favorite,i have to say that im using roehsoft ram expander with 300 mb swap and i see really a difference,like playing games before crashed without even starting,at least use turbo boost,now i must ask is there a way to make oc kernel to work for all p970s,it just starts and stucks on the screen that counts up the apps.

That problem isnt related to the kernel or the software... Oc is just a matter of hardware afaik, it works perfectly fine in my phone.
8th October 2013, 08:54 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
thnx man i'll try it out
i've been waiting for a new ROM for months at least a themed ROM xD
(sorry for my bad english if there is any mistake)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes