Anyways, we all see he is not having so much time to update his actual rom (yes, IZS), so I decided to put here a zip for you all with all the mods Ive been doing since we got the first IZS.
The magic was brought by Huexxx, he did so much work for free to bring us a stable and fast rom. Please, give him all the thanks you can, because he deserves that and more.
Uma is based on IZS v2, this is not aimed to bring a more stable or more lightning fast version of IZS, this is just IZS with some customizations, such as theming, replaced apps and a couple of easy but good mods.
How to Install:
- Make your backup
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe dalvik-cache
- Format /system
- Flash the rom zip
- Flash Turbo Boost with the values you want for the swap file (optional)
- Flash another kernel if you want. This pack comes with the stock izs kernel.
#Its always recommended to full wipe and format system. But if you want to flash this over IZS, I think it will cause no problems at all.
Setting up the Rom:
- Go to settings -> developer settings and check "dynamic f-sync", "disable fast dormancy", and the most important, "enable gpu rendering". (I would also use 1x for animations and transitions)
- Open up TricksterMod app, go to general tab. Raise the "Read Ahead Buffer Size" to 512 and change the scheduler to "row". Scroll down and change the cpu governor to "ondemandplus" (these are my preferred settings, you can play with them and choose the oens you like)
- Open up Wifi Auto Turn Off app and press "Enable", now choose the minutes you want the wifi to be on when it doesnt find any connection. (By default if its not connected to anything for 5 mins, it shuts down. Pretty much a battery saver)
- CrossBreeder script preinstalled (thanks to idcrisis, drop a thanks in his thread)
- Remapped G-key for camera launch and shot photo
- Remade whole theme into a modded dark holo
- Included brightness bar in notifications
- Tweaked status bar dropdown animation for smoothness
- Removed android error loggers
- Build.prop tweaks for gpu rendering, hardware acceleration, and max_events_per_sec raised to 120
- Updated SuperSU
- Changed default font, wallpaper and bootanimations
- Enabled Live Wallpapers and included Phase Beam
- Lots of apps were removed, and I replaced them mostly with google's alternative to LG crap
- JB 4.3 Keyboard thanks to VLLWP
- DeskClock from cyanogen
- Latest ADW launcher (smoothest ics-like launcher by far)
- Replaced LockScreen with google's default
- Replaced LGBrowser with AOSP browser
- Replaced LGGallery with AOSP gallery
- Inverted Google Play thanks to MyLifeRocks10 (drop a thanks in his thread)
- Replaced file manager with ES file explorer
- Replaced CPU No-Frills with TricksterMOD
- AOSP calculator
- Replaced Walkman app with Apollo (awesome skinnable music player)
- Replaced Sony Notes app with Google Keep
- Deleted some crap I disliked.
- v1 : http://d-h.st/oTx
Well, as you can see, Im not a developer like Huexxx, so dont expect that I keep updating this so much frequently, but, as I keep learning stuff about android, I may keep doing little things here and there.
Thanks to you guys to keep this phone alive. and really huge thanks to Huexxx for being so awesome