[MOD][BOOTLOADERS]AT&T GB Bootloaders [OUT OF SUPPORT]

Was the installation successful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Pf.ozer

Jan 18, 2011
can i use these bootloaders with JVQ based roms?
read all those post and didnt understand,what do i gain if i change my bootloaders to these?

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
can i use these bootloaders with JVQ based roms?
read all those post and didnt understand,what do i gain if i change my bootloaders to these?

So far, you can use these bootloaders with any rom that doesn't include a secondary (Sbl.bin) bootloader by itself. You should also NEVER use the 3 button fix that is floating around here after flashing these bootloaders.

As for pro's and con's, all I can tell you is read the op and decide for yourself.

tbong777

The APEX ROm developer is recommending i9000 GB bootloaders for i9000 ROMS and incudes a flashing package for such...

So really two i9000 developers....... opposing views....

Maybe a detailed explanation by either developer might shine some light on why or why not certain bootloaders should or should not be used, or what about the handset makes certain bootloaders preferable. Because now if you want to flash Apex and follow the developer's instructions you need to flash i9000 bootloaders
If you prefer Continuum i897 are the chosen ones....

Is it all speculation or does it really make a difference which bootloaders reside in the Captivate.

Kyuta Syuko

Aug 18, 2009
The APEX ROm developer is recommending i9000 GB bootloaders for i9000 ROMS and incudes a flashing package for such...

So really two i9000 developers....... opposing views....

Maybe a detailed explanation by either developer might shine some light on why or why not certain bootloaders should or should not be used, or what about the handset makes certain bootloaders preferable. Because now if you want to flash Apex and follow the developer's instructions you need to flash i9000 bootloaders
If you prefer Continuum i897 are the chosen ones....

Is it all speculation or does it really make a difference which bootloaders reside in the Captivate.

As far as I can tell it's all speculation. Team Phoenix also suggests I9000 bootloaders with I9000 ROMs, but so far I haven't noticed much of a difference with the exception of the already stated differences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Jay_eS_Iye

Jul 3, 2009
Nolanville, TX
So I used this from stock JF6 and the install failed and now my phone will only go to the phone!pc logo. Unfortunately I'm deployed and don't have my jig with me, any other way I can unscrew my phone?

Jay_eS_Iye

Jul 3, 2009
Nolanville, TX
It says firmware failure, our something like that? Treat that like dl mode and odin flash from there.
It doesn't say anything, it just comes to the screen with the phone logo, ! logo, and computer logo. When I try to put it into download mode it goes back to that screen.

(thanks for helping again, my download for the KF1 1-Click is still going on so I tried this method instead... friggin Iraqi satellite connection)

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
It doesn't say anything, it just comes to the screen with the phone logo, ! logo, and computer logo. When I try to put it into download mode it goes back to that screen.

(thanks for helping again, my download for the KF1 1-Click is still going on so I tried this method instead... friggin Iraqi satellite connection)
If you have new gb bootloaders, here are the new button combos.

GB button combo
Vol up and power = recovery
Vol down and power = download
Alternate download
Pull battery, wait about 10 seconds. Reinsert battery. Hold volume down, then plug in usb. Should bring you to dl mode.

Jay_eS_Iye

Jul 3, 2009
Nolanville, TX
If you have new gb bootloaders, here are the new button combos.

GB button combo
Vol up and power = recovery
Vol down and power = download
Alternate download
Pull battery, wait about 10 seconds. Reinsert battery. Hold volume down, then plug in usb. Should bring you to dl mode.
I've tried vol+/vol-/usb, vol-/usb, vol-/power, vol+/vol-/power, vol+/power, nothing gets me past this brick screen. It failed during the GB bootloader ODIN, I was coming from JF6 bootloaders (fresh JF6 1-Click). The only thing I can think that may screw me is that I have one of the Captivates that needs the 3 button fix, so maybe it won't go into download mode because of that

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
Have you tried plugging into odin to see if it recognizes it? Also, have you tried adb? Its fairly easy to use. Dl the adb interface from my sig, then follow the directions in the read me file. Command for download mode is "adb reboot download"

Jay_eS_Iye

Jul 3, 2009
Nolanville, TX
Have you tried plugging into odin to see if it recognizes it? Also, have you tried adb? Its fairly easy to use. Dl the adb interface from my sig, then follow the directions in the read me file. Command for download mode is "adb reboot download"
Odin doesn't recognize it and ADB comes up with "error: device not found". I don't get the Windows usb chime when I plug it in so it's not recognizing it when in this brick mode. I'm thinking I may have to try and find some resistors over here and make another JIG but I'm hoping there's another solution

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
Odin doesn't recognize it and ADB comes up with "error: device not found". I don't get the Windows usb chime when I plug it in so it's not recognizing it when in this brick mode. I'm thinking I may have to try and find some resistors over here and make another JIG but I'm hoping there's another solution

That is what its looking like. You may have I hope. Check deeper in the Development section for 1 click UnBrick by Adam Outler. If that doesn't help you, start looking for resistors.
FWIW, I just tried dl mode form powered off (vol down+power) and it only took about 3 seconds to get dl mode. Good luck, and thanks for your service.

Jay_eS_Iye

Jul 3, 2009
Nolanville, TX
That is what its looking like. You may have I hope. Check deeper in the Development section for 1 click UnBrick by Adam Outler. If that doesn't help you, start looking for resistors.
FWIW, I just tried dl mode form powered off (vol down+power) and it only took about 3 seconds to get dl mode. Good luck, and thanks for your service.
yeah I've been trying his program while doing this, hoping something will spark, but it's just not recognizing the phone. Well once I get this fixed and get the GB bootloaders back on I don't see myself going back to JF6 for any reason again. Thanks for your help

Oh and when I try putting it into download mode I get the phone<--!-->pc within about a second... blah, great way to start the morning

aintwaven

Jul 13, 2009
Tecumseh, OK
yeah I've been trying his program while doing this, hoping something will spark, but it's just not recognizing the phone. Well once I get this fixed and get the GB bootloaders back on I don't see myself going back to JF6 for any reason again. Thanks for your help

Oh and when I try putting it into download mode I get the phone<--!-->pc within about a second... blah, great way to start the morning

I know you don't want to hear this, but keep trying different button combos and different usb cord. I had the same thing and got it back into dl mode, don't give up. Thank you for your service, we owe you.

stewi21

Mar 23, 2010
Sydney
so im not the only one..everytime i try and flash the cappy gb bootloaders from this package, or included in the stock kf1 ROM, i just end up with a soft brick, so im stuck on the i9000 bootloaders (maybe they'll work for you too if ur trying to go to gb). anyhoo as for unbricking check out this page, i find method no. 3 usually works for me :) http://samsungcaptivate.wikia.com/wiki/Putting_the_Phone_into_Download_Mode

@Cezar, any idea why this problem is occurring?

Last edited:

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
Those having problems flashing the bootloaders, did you flash the one click from the op, out the packages I posted in the thread?
Also, what are the build dates on your phone?

b0uncyfr0

Oct 23, 2010
Sydney
Nothing Phone 1
Hi guys i just thought id fire up these bootloaders on MIUI hoping for more smoothness/snapyness. One guy got it working on 1.6.? , an old version.

Bootloaders were installed fine, i installed latest miui (1.7.15) and installed latest glitch kernel but it keeps taking me to recovery everytime i reboot.

Is there anything i can try to get it booting right?

Reactions: alkiter

mrhaley30705

Mar 12, 2011
North Georgia
Hi guys i just thought id fire up these bootloaders on MIUI hoping for more smoothness/snapyness. One guy got it working on 1.6.? , an old version.

Bootloaders were installed fine, i installed latest miui (1.7.15) and installed latest glitch kernel but it keeps taking me to recovery everytime i reboot.

Is there anything i can try to get it booting right?
Not sure if that would be a loaders issue or a kernel issue. I've never used mini or cm7, but I know they have their own set of rules concerning a lot of things.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys.
    I extracted the bootloaders and param.lfs from the latest AT&T Firmware, I897UCKF1 and created an OneClick ODIN package.
    Flashing bootloaders is a dangerous deal but you take the same risk every single time you go back to stock using OdinOne CLick.
    However, if you decide to go ahead with this method, you do it at your own risk.
    I tested the package 3 times on my phone so it should be safe.

Now, you might ask why would you update the bootloaders again?
    Mainly because I9000 bootloaders are not designed for I897. We've seen that there are a several differences between I897 and I9000 so is not hard to believe that having I9000 bootloaders might impact stability and even performance.

WARNING! Make sure you have a stable USB connection between your computer and your phone!
    I really cant tell you how to check that, but is THE MOST IMPORTANT prerequisite.

WARNING! Key combos after flashing the bootloaders will be the same as in Froyo:
    Vol UP + Vol Down + Power = Recovery
    Vol UP + Vol Down + USB insert = Download

WARNING! If you have troubles connecting the phone to PC, download samsung Kies and install it to get the latest samsung drivers but make sure is not running while flashing the bootloaders.

Cyanogen MOD users, stay away!

The steps which you will need to take are as follows:

• Download the package from here
    • Extract OneClickI897UCKF1-bootloaders.exe
    • Restart the phone in Download Mode
    • Run OneClickI897UCKF1-bootloaders.exe - with administrator permissions if on Windows 7 or Vista!
    • Connect the USB cable to the PC and the phone
    • Click "Start"
    The phone will reboot by itself and you should see the ATT boot logo.

Good Luck!

Note: ANY version of Android should work with these bootloaders.

Note: Some users reported that after flashing the package, the ATT logo didnt appear but some black screen with colored points. If that happens, flash the package again.
    Hi there i have a problem, ODIN 1-click gets stuck on boot.bin, i've tried everything but no luck. The only thing that is working is the Download mode but i can't install anything. The PIT partition can be created via Heimdell but everytime i try to install the bootloader it got stuck. Please help me . Thank you in advance.

Use the i897 GB bootloader link in my sig. Same as Cezars, but set up to be used with full Odin. Just put the pda.tar.md5 file in the pda slot.
    For those not wanting to use the one click, here you go.

Full Odin users should use this download.
    **Odin users: Place the pda file in the pda slot. DO NOT put it in the bootloader slot.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused anyone.

Updated 2/11/12 due to technical issues with multiupload
    Thank you! went to download mode.

please tell me what can I do to flash such as the latest official? For example there is only "download mode" and nothing else, that is, that as a download and fill in Odin. Thanks

Go to the link look in the third post for the kk4 one click with bootloaders by 4-2ndtwin. Be sure you have a good cable and a stable connection cause when you are flashing bootloaders if the cable gets disconnected you will hard brick your phone.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1300843
    Tried the ones in my sig?