[KERNEL][KK4][1/28/11] Corn Kernel v7.06 from Source (OC, BLN, Voodoo Sound, etc.)!

Search This thread

msprag13

Jun 17, 2011
Tried to insert dropbox links but I am a low post newbie so I can't post links.

I'm not a troll XDA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium

jbabbler

Sep 8, 2011
Just a quick FYI... Gave it a quick test with Fasty III V1 and got bootloop. BL splash---> Kernel ATT Splash---- Reboot. I ran the kernel cleaning script and removed and removed the old Voodoo folder on my SD from an old install of Apex. I am running I9000 BLs if that matters. I Odin Flashed orignial Book K1 and am working fine. Didn't lose anything. . I just downloaded the kernel a few mins ago so I assume it was the newest one. I can try again if you want me to try something else. I'm stoked about getting this working. Thanks for taking this on.

Kyuta Syuko

Aug 18, 2009
Well looks like yet another I897 firmware was just leaked. Guess I'll drop the KI2 project and start working with KJ1.

Either way I gotta wait for my slow arse laptop...

*edit*
I wish there was a bit more documentation on how to build Voodoo from source...

Last edited:
Reactions: IlluminatedOne

mtcarey

Sep 28, 2008
San Mateo, CA
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Just a quick FYI... Gave it a quick test with Fasty III V1 and got bootloop. BL splash---> Kernel ATT Splash---- Reboot. I ran the kernel cleaning script and removed and removed the old Voodoo folder on my SD from an old install of Apex. I am running I9000 BLs if that matters. I Odin Flashed orignial Book K1 and am working fine. Didn't lose anything. . I just downloaded the kernel a few mins ago so I assume it was the newest one. I can try again if you want me to try something else. I'm stoked about getting this working. Thanks for taking this on.
I just now made a few changes and installed on Fasty III V1... works great now. Re-download and give it a shot (if you're brave).

P.S. Quadrant gave me 2216 with ext4 on Fasty.

Last edited:

jbabbler

Sep 8, 2011
I just now made a few changes and installed on Fasty III V1... works great now. Re-download and give it a shot (if you're brave).

P.S. Quadrant gave me 2216 with ext4 on Fasty.
Very well done (fasty III v1. I'm typing this on out right now. Lagfix is enabled and every aspect of the rom is smooth. I'll keep dining out and report back. Thank you for this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Geezer000

Jan 18, 2011
Aylmer Ontario
How long did it take to convert.....i'm at 15min now. Trying it on FUSION VII beta 12. Just have black screen after ATT boot screen. No bootloops or anything, just going no where

mtcarey

Sep 28, 2008
San Mateo, CA
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
How long did it take to convert.....i'm at 15min now. Trying it on FUSION VII beta 12. Just have black screen after ATT boot screen. No bootloops or anything, just going no where
If you hear periodic "chirping" sounds it is converting. The ATT boot screen should be visible throughout the process. If you have a black screen make sure your battery didn't die... plug it into a charger.

Geezer000

Jan 18, 2011
Aylmer Ontario
If you hear periodic "chirping" sounds it is converting. The ATT boot screen should be visible throughout the process. If you have a black screen make sure your battery didn't die... plug it into a charger.

No sounds.....it just rebooted on me after 15min. Got back in to CWM and am disabling it and see if it will boot first and then convert with voodoo control app.

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

No go with disabling it. Still bootlooping. Will have to try to reflash...

msprag13

Jun 17, 2011
Tested on pinnacle 1.3 and so far seems fine. Jumped quad score from 1300 to 1900. Conversion took about 5 minutes tops.

Did my log files help at all.

jbabbler

Sep 8, 2011
Mine took about 5 mins. I heard the Voo doo voice just like the I9000 Roms only really fast. Never tried Quadrant before now so i don't know good from bad but it said 2086.

Last edited:

mtcarey

Sep 28, 2008
San Mateo, CA
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Mine took about 5 mins. I heard the Voo doo voice just like the I9000 Roms only really fast. Never tried Quadrant before now so i don't know good from bad but it said 2086.

I got the Alsa audio player binary ("aplay") from an I9000 kernel. Doesn't quite agree with the Captivate. I'll try to work on that, but at least it's some audible feedback.

Geezer000

Jan 18, 2011
Aylmer Ontario
Tried with the ODIN and still nothing. I'm going to have to return to stock now because my cappy won't go past the ATT screen when trying a non-voodoo kernel. Hopefully it works.

jbabbler

Sep 8, 2011
I personally couldn't care less what it sounds like.you only hear it once :)

msprag13

Jun 17, 2011
Quad 2489 with tegrak at 1.3

And I can cook my breakfast eggs on my phone so it's a double win

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: New version 7.06 (UCKK4) from Samsung I897 source code.

UCKK4 kernel with Voodoo sound and color, BLN, 1200 mhz overclock, custom CwM 5, init.d, root, custom boot animation support, fully working nandroid, rfs/ext2/ext4 formatting, multiple tweak options and more!

No more Voodoo lagfix. Reformatting functions are contained in a new custom-modified CwM Recovery. Ext4, Ext2, and RFS formatting options are available for /system, /data, /dbdata, and /cache together and individually. Su / Superuser installation is available from within Recovery for un-rooted ROMs. Kernel tweaks are also available from within Recovery, as well as support for init.d scripts and sysctl.conf.

You can flash this over any supported partition scheme. Select OC, scaling governor, i/o scheduler, etc. in Recovery. Download BLN app from Market to control BLN, Voodoo Control app to adjust sound and color, and Voltage Control for under-volting (not recommended unless you know what you're doing). Please do not use Tegrak for this... the frequency table in this kernel is of a different design than that in Talon, Semaphore, etc.

Please consider this somewhat experimental. It was a major pain to track down and piece together the missing parts of the source code, and should be considered a work in progress. Version 6.03 (repackaged stock kernel) is still available and reliable.

You might want to back-up and remove any shell scripts you have in your /system/etc/init.d folder until you have flashed this and can verify that they
    are compatible and/or needed.

NEW - NEW - NEW: Version 7.0A is for those who have experienced reboots or want a basically stock kernel with BLN, Voodoo Sound, SIO and SmartassV2. No overclocking, Voodoo Color, TinyRCU, advanced ext4 driver, or other code modifications... just straight Samsung code. If you want overclocking, use Tegrak loadable module (paid version?) to provide that.

Please use this guide for reporting problems
    Version 7.06
    - Added Low Memory Killer and SD Card Read-ahead selection in Recovery
    - Increased scheduler latency values slightly for better (?) stability
    - Simplified SCSI and Procfs drivers for better (?) stability
    - Restored MMC driver to 100% stock code. Previous modified version suspected as cause of reboot problem for some users.
    - General code clean-up and debugging

Version 7.05
    - Fixed Wifi (again)

Version 7.04
    - Compiled with Linaro 12-2011 toolchain (optimizations make kernel even faster)
    - Updated Tiny RCU
    - Fixed IpSec key retention
    - Fixed Superuser permissions to satisfy Tibu

Version 7.03
    - Fixed hinkey RFS from version 7.02
    - Back to Tiny RCU
    - Added full L2TP / IpSec network support
    - Overclock is now off by default... enable in Recovery

Version 7.02
    - Added Voodoo Color
    - Reverted to stock tree rcu from tiny rcu
    - Reduced scheduler latency and other tweaks

Version 7.01
    - Built from UCKK4 kernel source.
    - Added Voodoo sound, BLN, and 1200 mhz overclock.
    - Added several scaling governors, including interactive and smartassV2
    - Switched to Tiny RCU and updated ext4 driver code
    - Wifi working

Version 7.0A
    - Built from unmodified UCKK4 kernel source.
    - Added Voodoo sound and BLN.
    - Added SmartassV2 scaling governor and SIO i/o scheduler.

7.06 (UCKK4 from Source Code)
    > Odin flashable version HERE
    > CWM flashable version HERE
    (CWM flash version has init.d scripts to zip-align apps and "vacuum" your
    databases once a week. First boot might take a bit longer than usual.)

===================================
    7.0A (UCKK4 from Source Code - Baseline version)
    Try this if the other 7.0x versions cause problems
    ===================================

7.05 (UCKK4 from Source Code)

7.04 (UCKK4 from Source Code)
    -- Pulled --

7.03 (UCKK4 from Source Code)

7.02 (UCKK4 from Source Code)
    -- Pulled --

7.01 (UCKK4 from Source Code)
    Useful Reference Material
    Compiling the UCKK4 source
    Android Optimization Tips - i9000 by pikachu01
    Captivate General Info and Links
    SGS General Info and Links
    How to isolate and fix battery drain
    Previous Version (repackaged stock kernel)
    6.03 (UCKK4)
    > Odin flashable version HERE or HERE
    > CWM flashable version HERE or HERE
    Previous Version (Voodoo-lagfix)
    3.07 - With Superuser Installer (provides root):
    (CWM version has sample sysctl.conf and init.d scripts.)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    3.07 Without Superuser Installer (if you are already rooted):
    (CWM version has sample sysctl.conf and init.d scripts.)
    Thanks to existz (Talon), xcaliburinhand (GB I9000), pikachu01 (Tweaks), mialwe (Midnight I9000), supercurio (Voodoo), glitch (Glitch) for code samples and ideas
    Source code will be available soon...

Sorry for my long absence, but a new job and a move have kept me preoccupied. I don't expect to have much time for continuing to support the Corn Kernel, so I will be packaging-up the source code for both the kernel and custom recovery and posting it here for anyone who wants to take it over. Look for it in the next few days.
    Wifi fixed...

Version 7.05 posted - fixes wifi. Sorry folks!
    Sorry folks...

7.02 has been pulled... fixed 7.03 out shortly.
    Wifi fixed...

Please re-download 7.01 and re-install (version unchanged).