FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM][HC][3.2.1] Ideapad K1 Rooted + CWM (14_14_120109 build)

55 posts
Thanks Meter: 266

Post Reply Email Thread
28th March 2012, 09:01 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc52317

This was the easiest install I think I have came across for an android rooting method. Runs so much smoother now. does the status bar write over and remove the lenovo bar? Any issues, thinking I am going to run this. Has anyone ran any performance tweaks, V6supercharge etc. Any benefit? Running much better now.

I did notice all my google apps updated to Play versions but the market still has not changed to the google play icon or version. Do i need to do a wipe cache etc?

Am running autokiller memory optimizer and it definitely made the device faster. Also the free memory has been behaving nicely.

I flashed the stock staus bar too, ii have felt, this made the device faster too. The lenovo bar was pretty slow and would hang pretty frequently.

I have also change the home launcher to Go launcher ex, feels better and more standard as I have this on other devices too. Love the inbuilt task manager on go launcher.

I yet have to try out V6, would love to see the results. Although as earlier suggested by Khanning, delete the /data/firstboot folder prior to trying else the device won't be able to rebuild your Dalvik cache. I wouldn't try it without making a backup using CWM, incase it messes up and you need to revert.

Let me know the results if you try out V6.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Vision

29th March 2012, 04:14 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I will probably start with some of the tweaks you mentioned before I attempt any v6 type adjustments. Have you or anyone tried ROM toolbox for adjusting memory, build prop, etc. I have used this on my Droid INcredible, and works great but there is a good amount of information on the settings people have been using on phones. Thanks for the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezapatel

Am running autokiller memory optimizer and it definitely made the device faster. Also the free memory has been behaving nicely.

I flashed the stock staus bar too, ii have felt, this made the device faster too. The lenovo bar was pretty slow and would hang pretty frequently.

I have also change the home launcher to Go launcher ex, feels better and more standard as I have this on other devices too. Love the inbuilt task manager on go launcher.

I yet have to try out V6, would love to see the results. Although as earlier suggested by Khanning, delete the /data/firstboot folder prior to trying else the device won't be able to rebuild your Dalvik cache. I wouldn't try it without making a backup using CWM, incase it messes up and you need to revert.

Let me know the results if you try out V6.

Cheers

Sent from my HTC Vision

29th March 2012, 11:50 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 352

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc52317

I will probably start with some of the tweaks you mentioned before I attempt any v6 type adjustments. Have you or anyone tried ROM toolbox for adjusting memory, build prop, etc. I have used this on my Droid INcredible, and works great but there is a good amount of information on the settings people have been using on phones. Thanks for the information.

Haven't used rom toolbox to make any custom adjustments to the build.prop, but technically if it makes changes to the build.prop file, its pretty much the same risk of a bootloop as trying out v6. Just that it can be controlled by inducing one tweak / value at a time. You can also take a backup of the files and push the originals using adb.

I really wouldn't all that effort unless I find lots of free time soon :)

But pls do share your experience, most specifically modifying the build.prop and deleting the dalvik cache (and having it rebuild on startup). If this works, I will plunge in and try out other stuff.

P.S. I am now using RAM Manager Pro and feel, this has made the device much snappier. Experiencing the same snappiness on my HTC Vision too. So far, I feel its performing much better than v6 or akmo.

Sent from my HTC Vision
29th March 2012, 02:37 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Installed the rom and its nice and snappy....
Can someone give a break down to wipe the dalvik cache please?
Got the can't install app from market problem to and I guess that is the way to fix it, to delete it?
Thanks.
29th March 2012, 04:45 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
ANY idea why I can't boot recovery to sdcard? Just dcim, android, and data folders
2nd April 2012, 10:20 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
no usb connection to xp
I loaded rom and Honeycomb status bar fix. The speed and root is nice. But i just noticed I can not get a usb connection to be recognized by my windows machine, so I can copy over backup'd files.

Anybody know what needs to be done to restore USB connection? Is it because the device is no longer K1 and is now Xoom that it wont work wth lenovo usb drivers?

Please help. Thanx.
3rd April 2012, 12:16 PM |#17  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 90

More
Question
Is there a chance for a Version based on
K1_A301_12_12_120109_M_GE
for the UMTS/3G+wifi model?

Thanks.
4th April 2012, 01:04 AM |#18  
OP Member
USA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist79

Is there a chance for a Version based on
K1_A301_12_12_120109_M_GE
for the UMTS/3G+wifi model?

Thanks.

Yup yup

Can someone with the M_GE edition hop into freenode irc #ideapad-k1 with me to test it. If you don't have an irc client you can just go to http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ideapad-k1

[Edit]

Updated the first post with a link to K1_CWM_120109_M_GE_Rooted.zip for my mobile friends in Austria

thanks to isime13 for testing
The Following User Says Thank You to khanning88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift khanning88 Ad-Free
4th April 2012, 04:30 PM |#19  
Flag Vienna

More
Thumbs up
Thanks I will try it ASAP. And this comes from Austria and not Germany.
4th April 2012, 06:21 PM |#20  
Flag Vienna

More
Unhappy Feedback for the DE Version.
look like rooted on the first look.
Superuser app installs fine.

BUT: Apps don't get super user rights. superuser cant update itself and busybox pro complains it cant install because it does not get superuser rights.

So on the second look...no it does not work right.
4th April 2012, 06:42 PM |#21  
OP Member
USA

Donate to Me
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist79

look like rooted on the first look.
Superuser app installs fine.

BUT: Apps don't get super user rights. superuser cant update itself and busybox pro complains it cant install because it does not get superuser rights.

So on the second look...no it does not work right.

Twist79, no problem we can fix that up quick. I don't have the device, so I was relying on others to test. Are you able to join me in an irc chat #ideapad-k1?

You can go to:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ideapad-k1
The Following User Says Thank You to khanning88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift khanning88 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)