Lost 4G

Search This thread

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
nope, didn't work, 4G antennae was properly seated and snug.

Reward still stands if anyone can help resolve.

I had this issue for a good 5 months. I had a gentleman on these forums help me via pm. Quick question what are the first two digits of your prl number in settings > about phone > status?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

calicocal

Feb 9, 2010
I had this issue for a good 5 months. I had a gentleman on these forums help me via pm. Quick question what are the first two digits of your prl number in settings > about phone > status?

I am not the guy who originally had the problem but I am experiencing the same problem, so hopefully you can help.

The first 2 digits of my prl are 64. Thanks

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I am not the guy who originally had the problem but I am experiencing the same problem, so hopefully you can help.

I messaged the guy who helped me asking if he could hop in here. @HeadKase)

Edit This is what he said to me. Credit to @HeadKase

" Somehow your PRL got updated to a 53xxx one. The PRL's are usually 15xxx for the Verizon Note 2's and it's on the SIM card. There, unfortunately, isn't a way to do it manually (at least not that easily... QPST and some h4x1ng the planets). I would call support from something besides your cell phone and tell the first person that you talk to that you need to be escalated to a tech person that can push a new PRL to your phone so that it works correctly. Otherwise the first person you are going to talk to is going to try and have you pull the SIM card and a bunch of other stuff that will end up not working and you will get escalated anyways and then it will be fixed in no time. That should fix your problems."

Last edited:

HeadKase

Nov 7, 2006
Arizona
4G PRL's for Verizon are in the 15xxx range. If your PRL, for some reason (ie. your rom accidentally allowed you to *228 and you did), is outside of that range you will not get 4G. I highly recommend that you call Verizon from your wife's phone and tell them that "something happened" to your phone and you can't get 4G LTE no matter what you try to do. Tell them that a friend suggested that you call them and ask them to update your PRL. Problem should be solved in a matter of minutes. :D Let us know how it goes.

Reactions: wtoj34 and mattnmag

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I messaged the guy who helped me asking if he could hop in here. @HeadKase)

Edit This is what he said to me. Credit to @HeadKase

" Somehow your PRL got updated to a 53xxx one. The PRL's are usually 15xxx for the Verizon Note 2's and it's on the SIM card. There, unfortunately, isn't a way to do it manually (at least not that easily... QPST and some h4x1ng the planets). I would call support from something besides your cell phone and tell the first person that you talk to that you need to be escalated to a tech person that can push a new PRL to your phone so that it works correctly. Otherwise the first person you are going to talk to is going to try and have you pull the SIM card and a bunch of other stuff that will end up not working and you will get escalated anyways and then it will be fixed in no time. That should fix your problems."

4G PRL's for Verizon are in the 15xxx range. If your PRL, for some reason (ie. your rom accidentally allowed you to *228 and you did), is outside of that range you will not get 4G. I highly recommend that you call Verizon from your wife's phone and tell them that "something happened" to your phone and you can't get 4G LTE no matter what you try to do. Tell them that a friend suggested that you call them and ask them to update your PRL. Problem should be solved in a matter of minutes. :D Let us know how it goes.
    Dang... that sucks. I was hoping that was it. At least you ruled out the SIM as the problem.

Let's hope someone else on XDA has some suggestions and you can get it fixed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app