Phatom Skinz *ON SALE*

Search This thread

dthunder137

Aug 4, 2010
Got mine yesterday, I ordered a silver chromatic.

Bottom corners were a pain but everything else was pretty easy.

I did not like the screen protector. I did what the directions told me to do and after letting it sit for 2 hours the screen did not clear up. I figured I messed something up and took it off and retried. After letting that one sit over night and half of today I tore it off and put a cheap generic one back on and ordered a realook.

saywhat4118

May 12, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Got mine yesterday, I ordered a silver chromatic.

Bottom corners were a pain but everything else was pretty easy.

I did not like the screen protector. I did what the directions told me to do and after letting it sit for 2 hours the screen did not clear up. I figured I messed something up and took it off and retried. After letting that one sit over night and half of today I tore it off and put a cheap generic one back on and ordered a realook.

Yup same here, love the chromatic but the bottom corner was an absolute pain to put on and it still kinda lifts off the phone with weird bumps. Thankfully its on the bottom where i don't look much.

I have had the screen protector on the epic for about 16 hours and those bubbles did not clear up and its really hard getting it off. But the screen protector feels so good though. And speaking of which, this is gorilla glass, we don't really need screen protectors.

jacjyd

Aug 30, 2010
My screen protector is going strong after a few days. It took me a while to b satisfied with the application though. If there are any bubbles to start they'll be there later. I also don't think you can take it off and try again after so long of a time so if you're gonna try again, try it with the second one?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

jacjyd

Aug 30, 2010
Oh and for the bottom corners! By chance I also got a hard case (seidio) and put it on over the chromatics just to try it out. I took it off after an hour and the corners looked much better. If you have a friend with a case, try it out! Best if you haven't already put on the little strips.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

saywhat4118

May 12, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
Mine scratched :( a few little ones, which was why I ordered the realook.

That's weird, i tried keying mine and i can't manage to get a single scratch on it. I actually use it as a key selling point when i sell the epics. I work at radio shack :p

What people need to understand is that its scratch proof not shatter proof so if you drop it you can still crack the screen.

I took off the screen protector, the air bubbles got on my nerves and i'm not too worried about the screen getting scratched. the bottom corners are really bothering though, im gonna try the snap on case deal and see if that helps seal it up. Thanks for that advice

Last edited:

billecorgan

Jan 18, 2007
Oklahoma City
Wow! $30. Man, I cannot put out that kind of money for one of these things! I actually bought this cheapy from ebay from a seller called 'Skinguardz'. His are $5.74 with free shipping starting and so far, so good. Had it like 3 days, no scratches. Went on pretty easy. I really do like that carbon fiber one that the guy yall used has.

SupermanFTM

Dec 22, 2008
Wow! $30. Man, I cannot put out that kind of money for one of these things! I actually bought this cheapy from ebay from a seller called 'Skinguardz'. His are $5.74 with free shipping starting and so far, so good. Had it like 3 days, no scratches. Went on pretty easy. I really do like that carbon fiber one that the guy yall used has.

Well, PhantomSkinz are listed at $30 for the full body chromatic, HOWEVER you can get 30% off instantly just by finding their online coupon ;) Also, it's a bit more pricey because you get 2 full body skins if you order online and they both come with a lifetime, no-hassle warranty. And, of course, you're less likely to have trouble with any orange peel effect or other common issues that skins have if you go with PhantomSkinz.

I've had mine on for over a week now and it looks as nice as it did after my 48hour cure. Very impressed with this skin. Of course, I went with the matte finish and got it for $18 shipped.

nmoreman

Sep 9, 2008
Great thread and idea, I didn't know they had other choices then clear.

If there are any more pics people can post, please show them. The green is awesome, and I'm sure everyone would love to see the blue, silver, and even
the carbon.

P.S. Why would this be slick and the others not???

FuzzyLumpkins

Nov 17, 2008
Just got the green and plum for my gf and I... Ill post pics of the result when I get them :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

NeonMonster

Jan 26, 2010
Los Angeles
I just got around to ordering the Blazin Blue color after being indecisive on skins for a good while!

The coupon code "summersale2010" ends on the 30th! I suggest anyone on the fence should snatch one up, cos the Chromatics are only 20.96 after the discount from 29.99! :)

NeonMonster

Jan 26, 2010
Los Angeles
Hey all! I never used my Epic Blazin Blue Chromatics skin because I'm waiting for a good case to use.

So I have it up for sale!!!

It includes EVERYTHING that is originally included. ALL UNUSED, only opened the packaging.

Includes:
1 Samsung Epic Blazin Blue Chromatics
2 Matte screen protections

I am selling it for $20 shipped!!! Message me for more info! They are $30 + shipping from PhantomSkinz!

20101027184756.jpg

20101027184820.jpg

20101027184843.jpg

20101027184831.jpg

20101027184857.jpg