[TOOL] EZ Splash Screen Flasher and Image Converter>>Converts jpg, png and bmp files

Search This thread

Logain38

Jul 14, 2013
Daphne
hey guys ive been trying to find a way to make the photos i want to use the correct size and im really having a hard time. i dont have adobe photoshop, so i was hoping someone could maybe help me out with what they use?? any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks guys!!

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
Hey, just wanted to say thanks for this quick and easy tool and for the prompt to learn some .bat file making too! I was using another tool to make the splash screens for my EVO lte, but the site has stopped working for some reason and the dev hasn't responded or fixed it. So on to google search it was. That led me here and now viola, I have my splash screen.

Just to put this out there, you can use this tool for other devices, you just have to know what size image your device needs. I put my 720x1280 jpg (evo lte size) in the folder and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again! :D

Last edited:

Pacattack

Feb 5, 2011
Why dont you just use Android Flasher for the PC

Make your BMP image, at the right size for you phone :)

Then select Splash in Android Flasher

Select image

Flash done :)

unqualified

Nov 14, 2013
Denver
hey guys ive been trying to find a way to make the photos i want to use the correct size and im really having a hard time. i dont have adobe photoshop, so i was hoping someone could maybe help me out with what they use?? any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks guys!!

I use Gimp for everything, it's open source and does what most people would do with photoshop. Also, Inkscape is my go-to vector graphics software (also open source).

Last edited:

Zseblampas

Oct 12, 2017
REQUIREMENTS

1. PC with Windows XP or better
2. Rooted HTC device with S=OFF and Eng Hboot (if only S=Off you can use Terminal Emulator method below for flash)
3. 480 X 800 png, jpg or bmp image

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the attached zip by clicking the rotating skull and then unzip
it to the desktop of your Windows PC.
2. Create or find the 480x800 image you want for your splash screen.
3. Go into the "Splash Flasher" folder you unzipped and place your image
in the "place-image-here" folder.
4. Click on the "CLICK-HERE.bat" and follow the on screen instructions.

Yay, it works like a charm! Now I have Yoda's most famous words as splashscreen!
Thanks alot!

Attachments

• 2-do-or-do-not-EK.jpg
    2-do-or-do-not-EK.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 80

Alexan Drarachel

May 27, 2019
Convert jpg to png online

Thank you for sharing the useful thing, I will share this article with my friends, you can convert jpg file to png via: JPG4PNG.COM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [TOOL] EZ Splash Screen Flasher and Image Converter>>Converts jpg, png and bmp files

This is a simple tool/script used to convert .jpg .png and .bmp files into the format used for the splash screen on your device. This can also be used to make a copy of your current splash screen or convert a splash screen image into a .png for you to edit. You can also flash the new image using this.
    (Currently this has been confirmed working on the HTC devices below)

This is my first attempt at a script. With that being said...Please leave your feedback and ideas for possible updates or any issues. I also understand that there might be other tools like this on the forum but the one I found here didn't work on Windows XP. Plus I was wanting to learn a little about scripts :) and give people another EZ way to mod their device. There are some things I would like to add and a few little bugs. If some people like this I will make a updated version with more things and options. All the methods and things used in this zip can be found here on XDA. I just packaged them up and did the script.

I found most of the information for the script HERE ;) and of coarse have learned tons in my time here on XDA, so much thanks to everyone here!!
    Thanks to Iriscience and the links in his thread for the conversion tools.
    And also option94 for his help.

The flash/backup splash option should work for any HTC devices that use a 480x800 splash screen but has been confirmed working with the MT4G, G2, EVO.

REQUIREMENTS

1. PC with Windows XP or better
    2. Rooted HTC device with S=OFF and Eng Hboot (if only S=Off you can use Terminal Emulator method below for flash)
    3. 480 X 800 png, jpg or bmp image

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Download the attached zip by clicking the rotating skull and then unzip
    it to the desktop of your Windows PC.
    2. Create or find the 480x800 image you want for your splash screen.
    3. Go into the "Splash Flasher" folder you unzipped and place your image
    in the "place-image-here" folder.
    4. Click on the "CLICK-HERE.bat" and follow the on screen instructions.

NOTE: At this time this does not support having more than one of the
    same image type in the "place-image-here" folder when converting and flashing.
    Ie: You cant have more than 1 jpg, bmp, png or img in the folder at the same time.
    You can have multiple images as long as they are not the same image type.

I don't accept donations but if you like my work
    please hit the "THANKS" button

... ...
    DOWNLOAD
    Reserved for images

I would like to send out a big thanks to all the people here on XDA that have contributed to this collection. There are way to many to try and name. If you see your splash screen here, Thank you!!.

I was browsing the forums and came across a few splash screens that I liked and that were requested, so thought I would add them here for the Glacier family to enjoy.
    As I collect more I will put links to the threads I have gotten them from so you can give thanks if you like.

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Click on the image you like (it should open in a new window)
    2. Right click on the image in the new window and choose "Save Picture As"
    3. You can save it wherever you want (I suggest Desktop\Splash Flasher\place-image-here folder)
    4. Convert your image to splash .img format and flash it using my script or the Terminal Emulator method I posted below.

IF you cant use the Splash Flasher/Converter, let me know and I can change any image to the correct splash .img format and post it up for you..

Here is how to flash a new splash screen image to your phone using Terminal emulator. Please keep in mind that as with any mod you can damage your phone beyond repair if done incorrectly.

1. Rename your 480x800 .img file to custom.img and move it to your sdcard.

2.Open Terminal Emulator and type "su" to get a #

3.Then type this exactly as it appears and hit enter. Make sure not to make any mistakes!!!
    Code:
     dd if=/mnt/sdcard/custom.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p19

It should show you that the file has transfered. You can now back out of terminal emulator and reboot your phone to see the new splash screen.

Just remove the .zip from the name on the attatchments below and they are ready to flash.
    Thanks for this, I wondered how to convert jpg/png to IMG files. Now to try and figure out photoshop.

I did a quick test of a file and it worked GREAT.
    If you have any troubles, or need help getting your images put together, let me know.
    Great post!

I took some originals and combined them with some adjustments to make my own splash screen, easily flashed, looks great! Thanks! Here's the two I made, the white one after it gets flashed actually looks better than on the computer screen, the purple....I didn't flash that but I'm considering adjusting the shade of the purple. Thanks for the resources to the OPs of the pictures. Thank me if you like mine or use it!
    julez456, there you go.