11th June 2013, 10:53 AM |#5981  
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_justin

I have no logs, but this night my phone only lost 1%, WiFi was on all night. When I woke up, WiFi was still active and connected but no internet. After disabling WiFi, 3g worked fine and my messages came in. Now, this might me the fact my router doesn't support psp well, okay. But after 10 minutes of usage, my battery jumped from 14% directly to 1% and my phone shut down.

Is this known? Have had this issue before on Tony's rom but never had it on your CM10. I am using the latest 124 exp and your look ma rom. I wiped caches and dalvik after installing your rom.

Hey there, about the no-messages-on-wifi... i'm getting that on my gnex too since i got it back from service. I'm not sure if it's related to the router or to some creepy android bug, but i'll look into it. It's really weird and it's been happening constantly now on aosp 4.2.2 too.
About the battery lock up, i'm aware of this issue and it's something that hopefully will poof away when i'm done with the new battery driver. LG did really some serious crap in there and it's messy to rewrite it. But i'm on it
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2013, 10:53 AM |#5982  
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengus77

This is the last time i repeat myself. Next time i'll just ignore the posts like this. It's been said a load of times already and i'm starting to get a bit upset by this way of collaborating.

Notification lights work only if they're set to be always-on. If they're set to pulse they won't work. Moreover it's a ROM ISSUE. Stop spamming this thread with rom-related problems (wifi tethering, leds, apps crashes, etc). I don't care.

Sorry pengus77.

I just wanted to respond to the user about what happened to me with my lights notifications.
11th June 2013, 11:10 AM |#5983  
München
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabantheguitarholic

Is "Max Load Balance PM" affects performance?

It should be.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P990 mit Tapatalk 2
11th June 2013, 11:46 AM |#5984  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by murok9042

It should be.

Gesendet von meinem LG-P990 mit Tapatalk 2

No, it doesn't. It just changes the way the cpus are used. That means loading first one core, instead of spreading tasks equally and bringing up the 2nd core when it's not needed.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2013, 12:17 PM |#5985  
Flag Bückeburg
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Pengus, i have a question. which settings are recommendable in kowalski manager for max power saving? at the moment i have:

single core mode : on
2nd core auto hot plug: on
multi core sched pm: max load balnce pm

and i dont know what does this "2nd core auto hot plug". can u tell me something about this?

and thx again for your good work. my p990 is smoother than the galaxy s2 from my wife
11th June 2013, 01:02 PM |#5986  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy32

Pengus, i have a question. which settings are recommendable in kowalski manager for max power saving? at the moment i have:

single core mode : on
2nd core auto hot plug: on
multi core sched pm: max load balnce pm

and i dont know what does this "2nd core auto hot plug". can u tell me something about this?

and thx again for your good work. my p990 is smoother than the galaxy s2 from my wife

With "single core mode" your phone will always use only one cpu in both awake and asleep mode.
With "2nd core auto hot plug" you will mimic the pre-124 behaviour: the 2nd core will turn off when the phone is asleep.
So these two options are mutually exclusive somehow. If you keep the phone in single core mode, the auto hotplug will have no effect.
About the sched pm, i suggest keeping it to Max. If you find some problems, you can always switch to Mid or even turn it off. Test and see
I also keep wifi awake pm always on and no psp mode because my ap doesn't support it (f*ck linksys). If your router/ap supports it then use it and you'll notice an even higher power saving when in sleep mode
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to pengus77 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2013, 05:03 PM |#5987  
Flag Hertfordshire forrest
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:

Hey there, about the no-messages-on-wifi... i'm getting that on my gnex too since i got it back from service. I'm not sure if it's related to the router or to some creepy android bug, but i'll look into it. It's really weird and it's been happening constantly now on aosp 4.2.2 too.
About the battery lock up, i'm aware of this issue and it's something that hopefully will poof away when i'm done with the new battery driver. LG did really some serious crap in there and it's messy to rewrite it. But i'm on it

@ pengus,

may it would help if you add a known buglist in your first post like your feature list so everyone can decide if it's a new or an old problem. or add a link to a public bugtracking list (so you save your valuable time for coding and support this cmmunity and make a next big thing)
11th June 2013, 05:41 PM |#5988  
Flag Hertfordshire forrest
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:

This is the last time i repeat myself. Next time i'll just ignore the posts like this. It's been said a load of times already and i'm starting to get a bit upset by this way of collaborating.

Notification lights work only if they're set to be always-on. If they're set to pulse they won't work. Moreover it's a ROM ISSUE. Stop spamming this thread with rom-related problems (wifi tethering, leds, apps crashes, etc). I don't care.

May use a picture (see attach.) in post 1 to explain what is the thread focus?!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	system-architecture.jpg
Views:	834
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	2034830  
The Following User Says Thank You to alexander555 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alexander555 Ad-Free
11th June 2013, 07:43 PM |#5989  
Thanks Meter: 222

More
What exactly does the 2nd core auto hot plug on kW manager?

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app
11th June 2013, 07:47 PM |#5990  
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 535

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by proyatzu

Too lazy to read just three posts above yours?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DrummerMuppet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrummerMuppet Ad-Free
11th June 2013, 07:47 PM |#5991  
Thanks Meter: 75

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by proyatzu

see 3 (4, drummer got in the way :P) post up
damn, ppl really get stupid and ignorant
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiRAdot47 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KiRAdot47 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beware ! wild penguins, fish slapping takes place here, ics - cm10 - cm10.1, jelly bean, kernel, no polar bears - killer whales or sharks allowed, nvidia sucks - lg sucks more

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)