Thanks Meter: 23,027

By pengus77, Recognized Developer on 13th January 2013, 07:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th January 2013, 01:07 AM |#971  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Can't wait for next version.

Thanks pengus.

I just turned off lock-screen weather, and finally my phone goes to deep sleep immediately.
26th January 2013, 02:00 AM |#972  
Flag Saarbr├╝cken
Thanks Meter: 2,625

More
deleted
26th January 2013, 02:00 AM |#973  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Re: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][010 - 2013/01/19] Kowalski Kernel
I'm having a slight issue with wifi connection, and I think with mobile data as well. As you can see in the screenshot, connection goes from blue to grey and this happens quite often. If I'm not wrong this means its not connected to Google right? Also, many times my downloads will get interrupted and sometimes my whole wifi will get disconnected (just happened as I'm typing this around 8:57am). I'll attach a logcat and screenshot here.
http://db.tt/GPqHwvik

Edit: I've also flashed the dhcp update in post 2. Using tonyp's pa Rom. And this happened in the most recent kernel. Don't remember it happening in previous versions.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk 2
26th January 2013, 02:59 AM |#974  
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 535

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerMuppet

Not sure about this. I've charged my phone before via USB and had no troubles. It only happened once while using tonyp's ICS ROM when it was in its early development stages I believe, and now while using CM10 + Kowalski kernel. Just to make sure I'll flash ICS or stock CM10 and come back here with the results.

Alright, here are the results:

ICS v30B Stock -> No Blue Screen of Death while charging with the phone off
ICS v30B Stock + Kowalski Kernel 010 -> No Blue Screen of Death while charging with the phone off
Pengus' CM10 + pengus-kernel-20130106 (the one bundled by default with his CM10) -> Blue Screen of Death with the phone off

So, it's either CM's fault or something with the kernel (or both). I don't really mind the bug as I generally charge my 2X using the wall charger (or while it's on), but I believe it's worth mentioning.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrummerMuppet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DrummerMuppet Ad-Free
26th January 2013, 04:26 AM |#975  
OP Recognized Developer
Penguins' Republic of Antarctica
Thanks Meter: 23,027

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ICS v30B Stock + Kowalski Kernel 010 -> No Blue Screen of Death while charging with the phone off
Pengus' CM10 + pengus-kernel-20130106 (the one bundled by default with his CM10) -> Blue Screen of Death with the phone off

So, it's either CM's fault or something with the kernel (or both). I don't really mind the bug as I generally charge my 2X using the wall charger (or while it's on), but I believe it's worth mentioning.

Well from your test, i'd say it's something with CM... if my kernel + ics doesn't cause a bsod, but my kernel + cm does the equation is simple
26th January 2013, 09:40 AM |#976  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
AW: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][010 - 2013/01/19] Kowalski Kernel
My battery lasts very much longer on the kernel from 06.01 then on 011. Also its snappier.
I can get about 14 hours with 2.5 hours of display on time. On 010 only 10 hours with 1.5 hours usage.

I think I use it some time with this combination. It's very stable. But I think I can't resist to try the new one when it's out.
26th January 2013, 09:43 AM |#977  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
R: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][010 - 2013/01/19] Kowalski Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengus77

Well from your test, i'd say it's something with CM... if my kernel + ics doesn't cause a bsod, but my kernel + cm does the equation is simple

When do you upload the kernel 011?

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2
26th January 2013, 09:52 AM |#978  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Re: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][010 - 2013/01/19] Kowalski Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SONNY-

My battery lasts very much longer on the kernel from 06.01 then on 011. Also its snappier.
I can get about 14 hours with 2.5 hours of display on time. On 010 only 10 hours with 1.5 hours usage.

I think I use it some time with this combination. It's very stable. But I think I can't resist to try the new one when it's out.

06.01 uses the 30.12 kernel which is the best for battery saving

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy HOT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Andy HOT Ad-Free
26th January 2013, 10:30 AM |#979  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ndry

When do you upload the kernel 011?

I think this is the 10.000th question about this! In those cases I like that 3D Realms "Its done, when its done" answer for Duke Nukem Release questions ^^.
The Following User Says Thank You to buedi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift buedi Ad-Free
26th January 2013, 10:33 AM |#980  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
R: [KERNEL][CM10/CM10.1/ICS - OLD/NEW BL][010 - 2013/01/19] Kowalski Kernel
Quote:
Originally Posted by buedi

I think this is the 10.000th question about this! In those cases I like that 3D Realms "Its done, when its done" answer for Duke Nukem Release questions ^^.

Ok sorry

26th January 2013, 12:03 PM |#981  
Flag Mushroom kingdom
Thanks Meter: 2,740

More
Some awesome new stuff going on here pengus, just read the last few pages and wow!
Surely, there must be some offer for you from LG to work on Optimus 8x now

Quote:

I can confirm too, that it is not related to the kernel.
Test env:
Bootloader: Old
ROM : Stock ICS v30b
Kernel: Kowalski 010-oldbl

No BSOD on windows with that test. If you try the first new bootloader build (20th Dec) where the stock kernel only integrates changes needed for new bootloader, maybe you can find out if it was caused by a change or commit between that and the latest build (in case it is working properly with that). If the problem exists with that too, then it is stock cm10 or new bl related, and not much can probably be done about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to rugglez For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rugglez Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beware ! wild penguins, fish slapping takes place here, ics - cm10 - cm10.1, jelly bean, kernel, no polar bears - killer whales or sharks allowed, nvidia sucks - lg sucks more

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)