[NCE}{SafeStrap]DeOdexed/Extreme Debloat/Stock/Android L Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
Naked TouchWiz v3.2 Tether/Non-Tether Builds Available!!!

Any Questions Should Be Posted In The Q&A Thread. I Will Be Keeping An Eye On Both This Thread And The Q&A Thread
:good:

DO NOT USE ROM SLOTS! THEY DO NOT WORK YET! ONLY USE THE STOCK ROM SLOT!

Extreme Debloat v1.9-v2.3b are all alpha builds; they might work, they might not. Let me know of any issues, but don't expect extensive support for these builds.

You ever wanted a ROM that you put what you want into it? Ever wanted a ROM without all the crap you never use? This is the ROM for you!

PLEASE READ: So we have many successful flashes! As you can see the ROM is under 400mb... It is very possible that we may have missed some useless files or bloatware; this is how you can help:

1: If you know the file name in the app/priv-app folder of the bloat then post it here or PM @elliwigy or @raynan!
2: Uninstalling something from Titanium Backup will tell you the com.android.whatever, and the last pop up right before you uninstall the bloat will be the exact file name that we need to remove it from the ROM! Thanks for the help, and enjoy!

Features:

- Based Off My AT&T NCE ZIP
- DeOdex Version Available (Odex Might Come Later Once Verified DeOdexed Works Well)
- Rooted
- BusyBox
- Zipaligned
- Native Hotspot
- Knox Free (v1.1+)
- Init.D (v1.1+)
- Debloated (More removed since v1.1+)
- Lollipop checkboxes, radio buttons and fonts
- Download Booster (Have to create a toggle for it to work which can be found in the thread for it. I will make instructions and have someone test out adding a toggle to Quick Tiles if the maker of it will give me permission to do so.)

Add-Ons:

- Google Now Launcher (Default Launcher)
- Android L Keyboard (Default and Only Keyboard. Go To Advanced Settings and Change Theme to Material)
- Android L System UI Sounds (Not All System UI Sounds are Available Yet, I Added What I Found!)
- Android L Alarm Sounds
- Android L Ringtones
- Android L Notification Sounds
- No Stock SMS (Removed stock SMS apk, move SMS apk from download link before flashing if you want stock on first boot)
LpoeUzP.gif

Stuff Removed:
Naturally, in order to get the ROM down to size we had to remove a LOT of stuff from the ROM itself. All basic functions should work. Some of the things that were removed are here:

- Drive Mode
- Baby Stuff
- Kid Stuff
- AT&T Junk
- Samsung Junk
- Stock Messaging app
- Stock Browsers
- Stock Launcher
- Stock Ringtones, Notification Sounds & Alarms
- Stock Clock
- Ultra Power Saving Mode (not that you really need it anymore :p)
- SHealth
- S-Voice
- My Files
-Useless S-Pen Files
-Not working ART stuff
.... You Get The Picture! I do not want to hear about if I'm going to add this or that. If you want SHealth then this is not the ROM for you (unless you can find a zip or a way to side load it.) There are stock options with all the bloat you want!

Coming Soon:

-Themed SystemUI--Just a few more apps to go! :good:
-Themed System Apps
-Possibly Port Apps from my Nexus 5 Running Android "L"
-ART Compatibility
-Odexed Version

Working:

- Just About Everything!
- Location Bug Squashed (It will now stick without having to reboot device. If for some reason it wont stick, try a reboot and it should work.)
-No more settings FC
-Most FCs you find will be from features removed, head to apps folder and follow the Google Doc to install missing features.

Not Working:

- To Set Wallpaper, You Can Long Press Home Screen or Set From Gallery (I removed native wallpaper picker so it wont work through settings)
-Wallpaper Picker is in the download link!

Install Instructions:

1: Download ROM from link below.
2: Download SuperSU.zip from HERE.
3: Place ROM and SuperSU.zip on External SD Card (Or you should be able to use internal)
3.5: (Optional) Move/Copy stock apps from the download link to /system/app.
4: Boot in Recovery, make a backup if you want to be on the safe side.
5: In SafeStrap Recovery, use Stock Slot and Wipe (Standard wipe should work)
6: Flash the ROM.zip and then flash the SuperSU.zip immediately after.
7: Reboot System and ENJOY

I am not responsible for your phone if something goes wrong during flashing of the ROM. I can assure you both ODEX and DeOdex versions were tested on MY OWN retail Verizon S5 @raynan 's AT&T retail S5 and everything worked the way it should!

Shout Outs:

- @Geohot for www.towelroot.com
- @Hashcode0f for this little thing called SafeStrap Recovery!
- @Misterxtc for answering all my questions
- @Edgarf28 For inspiring me to make this ROM (His XtreStoLite ROM is still smaller than mine haha) and also for his Aroma Add-on Package I used to see what I could remove without breaking the ROM
- Archikitchen (for the kitchen to make it happen)
- The AT&T users in here that asked me to make the ROM for AT&T
- The person who made the download booster MOD
- Viper4Android for the awesome audio MOD!
- @MrHyde03 for providing us with the toggle to be able to enable Download Booster! You're the man!
- @Versatile1 for letting me use his modded stock Email packages. Link to his page here.
- @kevin_1351 for letting me add his keyboard to the package! Link to his thread here.
-@KuaQ for the radio buttons and checkboxes!
- Everyone else I am forgetting!

Downloads:

v1.2-present

@raynan's Google Drive - Changelog and stock apps in Drive.

v1.1 - 7/5/2014 - ~618mb

Extreme Debloat v1.1 - Changelog in Post 3
MD5: 24990519c796b0450bb300ef74deed3e

DeOdex - 684mb:
Extreme Debloat v1.0
MD5: 7cb1ffe13da51a28522a282e9c494877

P.S. I have also uploaded the bases I created. I also updated my VZW S5 ROM that I put on the back-burner for you AT&T folks! So that ROM is going to be uploaded next, and then the bases for anyone to use as they see fit!

A donation is not required, but I would be grateful to those who help support the cause! I am saving funds for a new laptop and (I doubt it) any devices people want me to work on!

XDA:DevDB Information
Naked TouchWiz, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
elliwigy, Raynan
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: Stock

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.3 RC1
Current Beta Version: 2.3b

Created 2014-07-05
Last Updated 2014-12-08

Last edited:

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Reserved

Add Ons:

Download Booster (already built into ROM just need to do this to be able to enable it)
1: Look up the thread in att forums for the zip.. will post by tom.. currently with fam but the vzw toggle will break
2: Go into SafeStrap Recovery and flash the file you downloaded. This will add the Download Booster Toggle to the Quick Tiles so you can enable Download Booster! Thanks go to MrHyde03 for making the flashable toggle.zip!
3: It does say NCG (Verizon Variant) but should also work for AT&T as the files used for download booster are identical.

Viper4Audio
1: It is already installed on the ROM as well as the build.prop has been edited.
2: Open Viper APK and install the drivers for it (it is easy and choose the settings you want.)
3: After the reboot, go into Settings>Sound>Music Effects and make sure Viper is selected. #Win

To Do List:

1: Obviously, remove more bloat!

Last edited:

BigSexySCJCD

Apr 21, 2011
Yea I'll try it and thanks for making the rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LuckyColdJohnson

Dec 27, 2012
Garland, TX
Does Ultra Power Saving mode work still since the stock launcher is taken out? Bad things could happen ive read. Thanks for your hard work OP. Looks great.

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Does Ultra Power Saving mode work still since the stock launcher is taken out? Bad things could happen ive read. Thanks for your hard work OP. Looks great.

It does NOT work.. I removed it as bloat lmao.. But you shouldn't need it.. On my VZW S5 with this bad boy I pulled over 5.5 hours screen on time and just about 24hrs and still had 25-30% battery remaining before I plugged it in. This was with 4g/wifi, few calls, heavy web browsing, heave xda app, heavy gaming etc. for over 5.5 hours and still had battery remaining. The phone will use less resources with over 1gb of crap removed as well as you will have more storage space and more than 1gb of system ram (unless you install a bunch of apps back onto the phone.)

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Would my Gear Neo connect to this rom?

I am not sure.. Out of the box No.. Lol.. But that is because i removed the gear manager files. However, I had a request in the VZW forum. I am not sure if this will flash the recovery (wont hurt to try it) but here is a (i hope to work) flashable zip to replace the gearmanager files: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358557793

If it won't flash, you can extra it and the files go in System/App - then I would assume set permissions and you should be good to go.

WizeGuyDezignz

Jun 12, 2008
San Diego
I am not sure.. Out of the box No.. Lol.. But that is because i removed the gear manager files. However, I had a request in the VZW forum. I am not sure if this will flash the recovery (wont hurt to try it) but here is a (i hope to work) flashable zip to replace the gearmanager files: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358557793

If it won't flash, you can extra it and the files go in System/App - then I would assume set permissions and you should be good to go.

Thanks man, and thanks for the rom! :thumbup:

Reactions: elliwigy

Ayman.y88

Nov 4, 2012
Congratz man on the rom.

could you please upload some pics regarding the rom ?
there is no touchwiz launcher at all ?:D plus could you add a dpi changer or smthg to it ?

thank you

elliwigy

XDA App Taskforce
Congratz man on the rom.

could you please upload some pics regarding the rom ?
there is no touchwiz launcher at all ?:D plus could you add a dpi changer or smthg to it ?

thank you

yea.. touch wiz launcher was removed.. and goal is to remove not add lol. changing dpi can cause too many issues.. i will get some screen up.. they are ftom vzw but same rom

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

raynan

Jan 2, 2011
As long as you back them up and restore them, you should be good to go. You can also look around for the apk and push it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Naked TouchWiz v3.2 Tether/Non-Tether Builds Available!!!

Any Questions Should Be Posted In The Q&A Thread. I Will Be Keeping An Eye On Both This Thread And The Q&A Thread
    :good:

DO NOT USE ROM SLOTS! THEY DO NOT WORK YET! ONLY USE THE STOCK ROM SLOT!

Extreme Debloat v1.9-v2.3b are all alpha builds; they might work, they might not. Let me know of any issues, but don't expect extensive support for these builds.

You ever wanted a ROM that you put what you want into it? Ever wanted a ROM without all the crap you never use? This is the ROM for you!

PLEASE READ: So we have many successful flashes! As you can see the ROM is under 400mb... It is very possible that we may have missed some useless files or bloatware; this is how you can help:

1: If you know the file name in the app/priv-app folder of the bloat then post it here or PM @elliwigy or @raynan!
    2: Uninstalling something from Titanium Backup will tell you the com.android.whatever, and the last pop up right before you uninstall the bloat will be the exact file name that we need to remove it from the ROM! Thanks for the help, and enjoy!

Features:

- Based Off My AT&T NCE ZIP
    - DeOdex Version Available (Odex Might Come Later Once Verified DeOdexed Works Well)
    - Rooted
    - BusyBox
    - Zipaligned
    - Native Hotspot
    - Knox Free (v1.1+)
    - Init.D (v1.1+)
    - Debloated (More removed since v1.1+)
    - Lollipop checkboxes, radio buttons and fonts
    - Download Booster (Have to create a toggle for it to work which can be found in the thread for it. I will make instructions and have someone test out adding a toggle to Quick Tiles if the maker of it will give me permission to do so.)

Add-Ons:

- Google Now Launcher (Default Launcher)
    - Android L Keyboard (Default and Only Keyboard. Go To Advanced Settings and Change Theme to Material)
    - Android L System UI Sounds (Not All System UI Sounds are Available Yet, I Added What I Found!)
    - Android L Alarm Sounds
    - Android L Ringtones
    - Android L Notification Sounds
    - No Stock SMS (Removed stock SMS apk, move SMS apk from download link before flashing if you want stock on first boot)
    LpoeUzP.gif

Stuff Removed:
    Naturally, in order to get the ROM down to size we had to remove a LOT of stuff from the ROM itself. All basic functions should work. Some of the things that were removed are here:

- Drive Mode
    - Baby Stuff
    - Kid Stuff
    - AT&T Junk
    - Samsung Junk
    - Stock Messaging app
    - Stock Browsers
    - Stock Launcher
    - Stock Ringtones, Notification Sounds & Alarms
    - Stock Clock
    - Ultra Power Saving Mode (not that you really need it anymore :p)
    - SHealth
    - S-Voice
    - My Files
    -Useless S-Pen Files
    -Not working ART stuff
    .... You Get The Picture! I do not want to hear about if I'm going to add this or that. If you want SHealth then this is not the ROM for you (unless you can find a zip or a way to side load it.) There are stock options with all the bloat you want!

Coming Soon:

-Themed SystemUI--Just a few more apps to go! :good:
    -Themed System Apps
    -Possibly Port Apps from my Nexus 5 Running Android "L"
    -ART Compatibility
    -Odexed Version

Working:

- Just About Everything!
    - Location Bug Squashed (It will now stick without having to reboot device. If for some reason it wont stick, try a reboot and it should work.)
    -No more settings FC
    -Most FCs you find will be from features removed, head to apps folder and follow the Google Doc to install missing features.

Not Working:

- To Set Wallpaper, You Can Long Press Home Screen or Set From Gallery (I removed native wallpaper picker so it wont work through settings)
    -Wallpaper Picker is in the download link!

Install Instructions:

1: Download ROM from link below.
    2: Download SuperSU.zip from HERE.
    3: Place ROM and SuperSU.zip on External SD Card (Or you should be able to use internal)
    3.5: (Optional) Move/Copy stock apps from the download link to /system/app.
    4: Boot in Recovery, make a backup if you want to be on the safe side.
    5: In SafeStrap Recovery, use Stock Slot and Wipe (Standard wipe should work)
    6: Flash the ROM.zip and then flash the SuperSU.zip immediately after.
    7: Reboot System and ENJOY

I am not responsible for your phone if something goes wrong during flashing of the ROM. I can assure you both ODEX and DeOdex versions were tested on MY OWN retail Verizon S5 @raynan 's AT&T retail S5 and everything worked the way it should!

Shout Outs:

- @Geohot for www.towelroot.com
    - @Hashcode0f for this little thing called SafeStrap Recovery!
    - @Misterxtc for answering all my questions
    - @Edgarf28 For inspiring me to make this ROM (His XtreStoLite ROM is still smaller than mine haha) and also for his Aroma Add-on Package I used to see what I could remove without breaking the ROM
    - Archikitchen (for the kitchen to make it happen)
    - The AT&T users in here that asked me to make the ROM for AT&T
    - The person who made the download booster MOD
    - Viper4Android for the awesome audio MOD!
    - @MrHyde03 for providing us with the toggle to be able to enable Download Booster! You're the man!
    - @Versatile1 for letting me use his modded stock Email packages. Link to his page here.
    - @kevin_1351 for letting me add his keyboard to the package! Link to his thread here.
    -@KuaQ for the radio buttons and checkboxes!
    - Everyone else I am forgetting!

Downloads:

v1.2-present

@raynan's Google Drive - Changelog and stock apps in Drive.

v1.1 - 7/5/2014 - ~618mb

Extreme Debloat v1.1 - Changelog in Post 3
    MD5: 24990519c796b0450bb300ef74deed3e

DeOdex - 684mb:
    Extreme Debloat v1.0
    MD5: 7cb1ffe13da51a28522a282e9c494877

P.S. I have also uploaded the bases I created. I also updated my VZW S5 ROM that I put on the back-burner for you AT&T folks! So that ROM is going to be uploaded next, and then the bases for anyone to use as they see fit!

A donation is not required, but I would be grateful to those who help support the cause! I am saving funds for a new laptop and (I doubt it) any devices people want me to work on!

XDA:DevDB Information
    Naked TouchWiz, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    elliwigy, Raynan
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: Stock

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.3 RC1
    Current Beta Version: 2.3b

Created 2014-07-05
    Last Updated 2014-12-08
    Reserved

Add Ons:

Download Booster (already built into ROM just need to do this to be able to enable it)
    1: Look up the thread in att forums for the zip.. will post by tom.. currently with fam but the vzw toggle will break
    2: Go into SafeStrap Recovery and flash the file you downloaded. This will add the Download Booster Toggle to the Quick Tiles so you can enable Download Booster! Thanks go to MrHyde03 for making the flashable toggle.zip!
    3: It does say NCG (Verizon Variant) but should also work for AT&T as the files used for download booster are identical.

Viper4Audio
    1: It is already installed on the ROM as well as the build.prop has been edited.
    2: Open Viper APK and install the drivers for it (it is easy and choose the settings you want.)
    3: After the reboot, go into Settings>Sound>Music Effects and make sure Viper is selected. #Win

To Do List:

1: Obviously, remove more bloat!
    I have uploaded v2.2b to the beta folder if anyone wants to give it a go. My next goal is to get a flashable theme going. I have only themed systemui and settings so far, but am making my way to the other apps as well.
    Does 3.1 say 3.0 in the settings? Not sure if I'm updated or not...

Sent from my Naked Samsung SM-G900A

Oops, it does, sorry about that. In doing some final testing on 3.15. Found a bug when signing into Google. Once it's worked out, I'll upload it. Sorry for the delay, folks.
    Hats off to you guys this phone is incredibly snappy and beyond awesome battery life.

I had 4.5 hours of streaming Pandora and about 30 minutes of Netflix and 20ish minutes of YouTube.

Everyday I have this phone now I love it more and more so glad I didn't get the HTC one m8.

Sent from my SS ROMed S5

awesome battery life! that was the whole point in making it.. reduce size increase performance and battery and allow you to build on it yourself.. if n e one cares to know, outside of raynans build i plan on first making a new build for my phone (vzw s5) and then this one.. i will build new version off raynans most recent build.. i plan on looking into adding an aosp lockscreen, and some performance tweaks, and also a browser i found that is more like stock android L looking browser that is only ~100kb so its not a hit to the overall size of the rom..

If you like the rom please feel free to rate the thread 5 star!

Also it never hurt to buy someone a beer ;).. money motivates everyone but is not required!

But at least hit the thanks button if you can!

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app