FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROMs] [11/04/12] Three Musketeers Present...MIUI 4 V1 Beta \ Sense 4.0 V2 Beta

3,288 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,541
 
By MadCobbler, Recognized Contributor / Themer on 11th April 2012, 09:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2012, 12:00 AM |#291  
benjamin.j.goodwin's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Northampton
Thanks Meter: 5,027
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5

Wow that's not good. I think we may have been a bit hasty getting new device so I am gonna get my xl back so if anything start banging updates out. Sorry about any bad feeling or negative vibes but it shows xl forum isn't dead and we have passionate people in here. I really hope that one x tool sorts s-off for us as well and we should have 4ext recovery too. Now let's put all our differences aside and get things back on track

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by [vertigo]

I've got a reply of proxuser and he pointed me in the direction of this thread when I asked him about SDcard mounting issues we were having... As I don't have the phone I can't test but if someone fancies a go here is the link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1575921

First beta not so successfull, at least I know now that the 3rd Party apps for camera and vplayer can't be installed as system apps, so for now you will have to install from market. Now I'm going to try to get another SXL so I can carry on with these roms, just like shingers5 is, so beware we could be back


Edit: Massive thanks to the guys who tested the rom, if you don't mind I will be sending future betas for you to test, until I get my SXL back that is lol


Bastards


Don't know they won't install as system apps, that's not good! Maybe make a /data folder for install so they don't go to system but are still installed?
The Following User Says Thank You to benjamin.j.goodwin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift benjamin.j.goodwin Ad-Free
 
 
25th April 2012, 01:30 AM |#292  
shingers5's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag liverpool
Thanks Meter: 3,157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin.j.goodwin

Bastards


Don't know they won't install as system apps, that's not good! Maybe make a /data folder for install so they don't go to system but are still installed?

Lol Ben your phone is only upstairs lol. So you can also do your stuff while people are sleeping and restore before wake anyway this community is very much alive. I am still trying to get this damn recovery working and would like to also have guys try the new supersu zip .87 to see if that roots those software previously deemed unrootable. You'd need to unlock bootloader then flash recovery and in recovery flash the zip. Its what rooted sense 4 so might work on these gb roms

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
25th April 2012, 02:43 AM |#293  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Looks like i got beaten in the beta testing department :P ...timezones they're a killer.

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous_1997

Looks like i got beaten in the beta testing department :P ...timezones they're a killer.

It's also great to see this community alive... might have a fiddle with those files vertigo. It's also awesome to hear you might get your XL's back. brings a tear to my eye :') lol.

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

And sorry but i've got to do this...
100th POST ON XDA WOOOOOO


lolol sorry about that :P
25th April 2012, 05:40 AM |#294  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [vertigo]

Without having the phone, thats gonna be hard, but you might want to look in /system/lib/hw and look at the sensors.runnymede.so, sensors.goldfish.so, the lights.goldfish.so and lights.msm7x30.so and swap them with the same files from the official ICS, might be worth a try

there are no goldfish libs there are however the runnymede libs.. the only time i have ever ran into a file that says goldfish is when i took apart a kernel??
25th April 2012, 06:49 AM |#295  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
The hardware libs did not work g-sensor and light sensor still not functional
25th April 2012, 07:58 AM |#296  
Reflexx01's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag veenendaal
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I have the sxl since yesterday and already flashed this rom. It looks super smooth and wotks fine except i have no 3g network. It wont connect. I hope you guys come back soon. Would be nice! I love you guys already:d
25th April 2012, 10:25 AM |#297  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Well this rom is in beta so it will have bugs but i peronally havent had this issue any more details like carrier maybe??

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

did you guys port the voVidDec.dat media_profiles.xml files, surfaceflinger and the like that might be the problem with video and camera... maybe??
25th April 2012, 10:42 AM |#298  
Alex-V's Avatar
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,253
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [vertigo]

I've got a reply of proxuser and he pointed me in the direction of this thread when I asked him about SDcard mounting issues we were having... As I don't have the phone I can't test but if someone fancies a go here is the link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1575921

First beta not so successfull, at least I know now that the 3rd Party apps for camera and vplayer can't be installed as system apps, so for now you will have to install from market. Now I'm going to try to get another SXL so I can carry on with these roms, just like shingers5 is, so beware we could be back


Edit: Massive thanks to the guys who tested the rom, if you don't mind I will be sending future betas for you to test, until I get my SXL back that is lol

Why not make it as data/app..look @ my updater script from runny-bliss

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App
25th April 2012, 11:05 AM |#299  
Reflexx01's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag veenendaal
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
@#287

Vodafone NL as carrier. [B]CORRECTION/B]tried KPN and thats working.
25th April 2012, 11:50 AM |#300  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-V

Why not make it as data/app..look @ my updater script from runny-bliss

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

Data/app was just what I was going to suggest

Sent from my Sensation XL with Beats Audio
25th April 2012, 12:32 PM |#301  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Just a tip for the community the sense 4 Rom looks beautiful wig LCD density 220

Sent from my Sensation XL with Beats Audio
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes