1,078 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,848

By skvalex, Senior Member on 12th January 2012, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2019, 08:03 PM |#7921  
Flag Athens, Greece
Thanks Meter: 180

More
I searched the thread but came up empty: has anyone experienced garbled recordings? When playing back it starts fine but after some time the same couple of seconds seem to repeat...
11th September 2019, 11:26 PM |#7922  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

Yes, it's root

Samsung system recorder will still work with the call recorder on Android 10 without root correct?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
12th September 2019, 01:04 PM |#7923  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Recording disabled when new version is available.
Alex, when the app detects that there is a newer version available for download, a notification in blue appears. No call is recorded. Only after the update, the recorder works. Any fix for that?
12th September 2019, 01:28 PM |#7924  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanpal

Alex, when the app detects that there is a newer version available for download, a notification in blue appears. No call is recorded. Only after the update, the recorder works. Any fix for that?

What's your device, version of Android, what settings you use for recording? Also, does the app crashes when you receive an update message?
12th September 2019, 01:30 PM |#7925  
Quote:
Originally Posted by krakout

I searched the thread but came up empty: has anyone experienced garbled recordings? When playing back it starts fine but after some time the same couple of seconds seem to repeat...

What recording method do you use? It might happen if you use root method and another app (e.g. OK Google) tries to record. Try standard api instead
12th September 2019, 01:31 PM |#7926  
Quote:
Originally Posted by VICosPhi

Samsung system recorder will still work with the call recorder on Android 10 without root correct?

We will know when Samsung gets Android 10
The Following User Says Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skvalex Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 01:35 PM |#7927  
Flag Athens, Greece

More
Quote:

What recording method do you use? It might happen if you use root method and another app (e.g. OK Google) tries to record. Try standard api instead

Using root indeed (OP6/Pie), but no other app is trying to record, at least not that I know of. I will try the standard API, but I thought that we do need root?

Coul;d the recording format affect this (MP3/wav/amr...)?
12th September 2019, 01:41 PM |#7928  
Quote:

Using root indeed (OP6/Pie), but no other app is trying to record, at least not that I know of. I will try the standard API, but I thought that we do need root?

You should use root method unless standard api doesn't work.

Quote:

Coul;d the recording format affect this (MP3/wav/amr...)?

Everything is possible, but I doubt it's the reason.
12th September 2019, 01:59 PM |#7929  
Flag Athens, Greece

More
Quote:

You should use root method unless standard api doesn't work.

Sorry - should I use root or shouldn't I use root "unless standard API doesn't work"?
12th September 2019, 02:02 PM |#7930  
Quote:

Sorry - should I use root or shouldn't I use root "unless standard API doesn't work"?

Use standard api. But if it doesn't work, only then try root method.
The Following User Says Thank You to skvalex For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skvalex Ad-Free
12th September 2019, 03:09 PM |#7931  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

What's your device, version of Android, what settings you use for recording? Also, does the app crashes when you receive an update message?

SGS10+ Unlocked version snapdragon. I use the default settings. When I open the app to view the recorded calls, they are missing and the blue notification message is displayed. The app doesn't crash. It just halts any new recording from the time an update is available.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)